Reply 'Tendo Cult~
My Pokemon Ranch- Please, Take it. (A Review) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 pm
Hello guys, and welcome to my very first WiiWare review!

Now, I'm sure many all of you know about Pokemon.

Hence, you know about it's limited Pokemon storage. Eventually, the Box runs out of space and you keep catching 'em, so what now?

Techniquely, My Pokemon Ranch is just that.... The next-gen Pokemon Box. You can store up to 999 Pokemon in it at max level (1500 when the Platinum update pulls through)

It costs 1200 Nintendo Points to buy from the WiiWare options in the Store.

Now, let's look at the Story... through Haley's (the 'main' character) eyes.

Bring Pokemon into the Ranch to level it up.
Why?
Because I want to.
Don't have Pokemon D/P/Pl?
Well that's alright, I'll bring a new one every day, maybe even two when our ranch levels up!
Where do I catch them?
A Joyful Place.

It's not so great, is it?
You start out with a batch of cute Pokemon and a terrible disfigured Gyarados. I forgot to mention how terrible the Pokemon look.
Here's some pictures.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Shiny Pokemon still look shiny, Event Pokemon lhave sparkles around them, and any Pokemon you trade with Hayley will also have sparkles.

She can trade some pretty crappy stuff for good stuff, but often it will be something out of the ordinary like a level 40 Lickitonge.(?)

She will eventually trade you a Phiione and then a Mew after certain levels have been reached.

The Pokemon Hayley wants will be displayed on a Board, which will have a time limit to about ten days. You can only trade with D/P for now until Platinum Updates happen.

The Gameplay... consists of lifting and moving Pokemon to make them fall on top of others for amusement. Sometimes, they'll attack each other and one will p***y out and run REALLY freaking fast.

Oh yeah, you can even dump Eggs in here.

You can also take... pictures. Why? I'm not sure. And you can only have 20 pictures.

Well, there are some fun parts...
You can cause Explosions, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Knockback Hits; all by shaking the Wii mote.
They're fun the first times, but then it gets boring quick.

An annoying feature of the game is Club Look-See. Every now and then, a Mii comes into your ranch and invites you to their's. You can refuse them, their ranches aren't too great either way and you don't benefit from it.

You can dump Miis into this game. It's funny to see Jesus dancing with Darkrai, but it gets old.

Music is just a very repetitive piano tone... Even with musical Pokemon around.

You can also share your Ranch with other Ranch owners, but please. Who owns this s**t besides me?

All in all, this is mainly just a game to dump other Pokemon in and some good things can be accessed.

Oaty gives this game.... a 4/10.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm
i give it a 1500/9000

srsly.

the only point is to get rare pokemon and unique move set pokemon, through a long line of trying to trade for it.  

Xilo The Odd

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm
otawara
It costs 1200 Nintendo Points to buy from the WiiWare options in the Store.

I thought it was only 1000 points. Did the price go up or am I misremembering?

otawara
You can also share your Ranch with other Ranch owners, but please. Who owns this s**t besides me?

*cough*

otawara
All in all, this is mainly just a game to dump other Pokemon in

Have they gotten rid of the fact that you can only transfer pokémon to the file that they came from and that restarting your game means the pokémon is stuck on the ranch? It loses this too if they haven't.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:37 pm
I love MPR. Best 1000 points I ever spent.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

gutterball29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:37 am
The PokeGraphics look really crap, Machamp's a midget and has had his arms cut off.. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:47 am
Love that Combee though. 3nodding blaugh

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 am
Legit Mew... ;____; I must have it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 pm
But... This wretched piece of hell isn't a "game".  

8Bit Jack

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm
gutterball29
The PokeGraphics look really crap, Machamp's a midget and has had his arms cut off.. eek
People like deserve not to get this. The point isn't to have the graphics to be cutting edge, but to be ******** cute.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:07 pm
auS-e-Dude
gutterball29
People like deserve not to get this. The point isn't to have the graphics to be cutting edge, but to be ******** cute.
Dude, don't trip so hard. He's just pointing out that they're kind of shaky.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 pm
Betman
auS-e-Dude
gutterball29
Sorry. Saying it's less then average kind of does it injustice.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 pm
auS-e-Dude
Betman
auS-e-Dude
gutterball29
Sorry. Saying it's less then average kind of does it injustice.

I'm sorry if i hit a wrong nerve, but I'm just giving my opinion on the information that is there. I've never tried PR and i admit the concept is kinda cool, but judging on the screenshots that were given it does not immediately appeal to me. The review is negative, so I'm more likely to have a negative opinion on it. Maybe if i was deserving enough to get this; my opinion would change..  

gutterball29

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 am
$10 Mew doesn't appeal to you?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:17 am
auS-e-Dude
$10 Mew doesn't appeal to you?
This is obviously the only reason you should get this game. Because of ******** mew.  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Locke Trufeld

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am
Anyone bother much with visiting other people's ranches? ... You know, I wish there was a good way to personalize your ranch more than just having your Pokemon and Miis in there. ._. But... that's asking for too much for this utility.

I love the game because of what it is. A utility. I don't play the game as a game.. D= ... I do like taking pictures and uploading them if they're interesting enough to upload. ... Or just have Pokemon Ranch running while I do something else on the laptop or DS or something. Wait for something to happen or whatever. >_> I know I most certainly don't regret getting it because of how many Pokemon I've had in my Diamond as it is.

Edit: Oh, and the Mew wasn't even my main reason for getting this. XD It was solely just to store my Pokemon. Though the legit Mew is nice. o_o ... Although I have some from past events anyway.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff