31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
cant decide beause im on my period right now
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Blue_Bloods612

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 pm
ok...so todays kids are filled with gangs fighting and cursing at young ages and all the other crap.but...............
at the same time what about them....its there parents fault and when their parents make mistakes they should learn from them and be like i dont want to end up like them  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:23 am
you make a very good point, it is the parents fault because if the parent is too harsh on them and want the kids to be perfect the kid will rebel against the parents wishes and become "gangsta" as they call it and the same happens if the parents don't care about the kid, the kid in that situation will rebel just to try and get their parents to pay attention to them and because the kid was raised that way is the only way to get attention is to misbehave against the person who makes the rules as little kids it's the parents, as normal kids it's the parents and their teachers, as teens it's the parents the teachers and annoying the police, then when the kids become adults their mind's are that screwed they are still trying to get attention so they rob convenience stores, liquor stores, etc and what happens to the kids of that generation the same thing happens again so it is an almost never ending cycle

hope someone takes this to heart because this is a weeks worth of wisdom from me and also please think of the kids when your read this and i hope it gives those of you that are under these circumstances something to think about if you don't think about yourself think about your kids  

draconas88

Invisible Citizen

Ex Ciel

Supreme Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:58 am
I blame hip-hop.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 am
Arismeist
I blame hip-hop.

XxForgottenFairytaleXx

Alien Informer

Dream Thieves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 am
This is why we can't have nice things!

mad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 am
draconas88
you make a very good point, it is the parents fault because if the parent is too harsh on them and want the kids to be perfect the kid will rebel against the parents wishes and become "gangsta" as they call it and the same happens if the parents don't care about the kid, the kid in that situation will rebel just to try and get their parents to pay attention to them and because the kid was raised that way is the only way to get attention is to misbehave against the person who makes the rules as little kids it's the parents, as normal kids it's the parents and their teachers, as teens it's the parents the teachers and annoying the police, then when the kids become adults their mind's are that screwed they are still trying to get attention so they rob convenience stores, liquor stores, etc and what happens to the kids of that generation the same thing happens again so it is an almost never ending cycle

hope someone takes this to heart because this is a weeks worth of wisdom from me and also please think of the kids when your read this and i hope it gives those of you that are under these circumstances something to think about if you don't think about yourself think about your kids

I totally agree with what you said draconas. 3nodding  

Your_Fallen_Angel98

THE_Wantoch

3,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 pm
draconas88

I agree with you on this one. But sometimes it's not always the parents to blame. Don't forget that a childs school life today is completely different from what it was back in the day. Sure, the parent can actually take care of the kid in a way that's "correct", but now-a-days, kids have a hard enough time fitting in at a school. If a child is still "gangsta", then it may also have something to do with their friends and learning environment. I've seen a girl go from a good child and turn into the complete opposite just because she wanted attention from her friends or people she wanted to be with. I should know too. I had to act like a complete retard throughout all of high school just to keep whatever friends I had.
So it's not always the parents to blame. You can blame parents all you want, but I'm gonna blame both parent's and other kids.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm
Wantoch
I agree with you on this one. But sometimes it's not always the parents to blame. Don't forget that a childs school life today is completely different from what it was back in the day. Sure, the parent can actually take care of the kid in a way that's "correct", but now-a-days, kids have a hard enough time fitting in at a school. If a child is still "gangsta", then it may also have something to do with their friends and learning environment. I've seen a girl go from a good child and turn into the complete opposite just because she wanted attention from her friends or people she wanted to be with. I should know too. I had to act like a complete retard throughout all of high school just to keep whatever friends I had.
So it's not always the parents to blame. You can blame parents all you want, but I'm gonna blame both parent's and other kids.

but if you still look at it were her friends in the same category as what i mentioned above and because it's human nature to want to "fit in" then they begin a new chain of this cycle  

draconas88

Invisible Citizen

Your_Fallen_Angel98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Wantoch
draconas88

Good point. Peer pressure plays a big role in a teenager's social life. I know i went through that in high school too. I never let myself be me cuz i wanted people to like me and not think i was stupid or weird. But i'm on the "i don't care as much" track now. mrgreen And i've made genuine friends as a result who accept me for me. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:26 pm
tru i especially think it's stupid 2 beat up ppl for no reason many times now adays it's parents faults 4 being so wound up in dumb problems and not thinking about their kid

User Image  

ArtsyDelia

Naidono

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:41 pm
my opinion is about their enviroment.
if someone would grow up on a farm far from the city, without a tv or radio. they would adapt to that enviroment.

If you would grow up in a lousy part of a town you would adapt to that place.

and i think that if you move around alot as a kid you dont have time to adapt.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:02 pm
Nature vs. Nurture

Can I tell you how many times a week my fellow teachers and I discuss this! And we're PRESCHOOL teachers. It's starts as early as 3 and 4.

I teach in pretty diverse district...we have kids coming from McMansion Developments to multi-family homes where they share a room or two with their whole family. It's really tough. Some of the problem is their parents or immediate family members. Children learn by example. If they watch their parents make poor choices they will be prone to make the same or similar choices. It doesn't make a difference what physical environment they come from...bad decisions and a lack of caring and attention can show up in any household, wealthy or poor.

At the same time, I've seen classmates from loving homes go from good to bad, just to fit in. Sometimes it's just someone's nature. An addictive personality is a great example. A close friend of mine came from a great home, but for whatever reason got hooked on drinking...he's moved on from alcohol and spends his days high, sitting around his apartment not doing much of anything. The last I heard he's in an abusive relationship with his girlfriend (she hits him!) and is engaged to her. Tell me what went wrong there?
confused  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

lespaw

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:33 pm
to be honest, it's a mixture of everything that has been said already.

parents: they're the foundation of the child's life and disposition. as draconas said, if they're too strict; rebellion. too lax; rebellion to get attention.

school: teachers can be to blame as well. children are told to look up to and respect those with authority, so if a teacher is acting questionably who are we to say that's not part of the problem?

peer groups: from the first moments of school, children want to be liked. they want to make friends right away and they conform to fit in with whomever they deem adequate for friendship.

media: one of the biggest influences in a child's life. i have some statistics from sociology class about this, i'll have to see if i can't dig it out and post it later. but again, tying it in with the aforementioned "hip hop problem," it's becoming this juggernaut that is molding the minds of the younger generations. unfortunately it's having a negative impact because a majority of that lifestyle deals with illegal activities, substance abuse and disregard toward women.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:49 pm
lespaw

media: one of the biggest influences in a child's life. i have some statistics from sociology class about this, i'll have to see if i can't dig it out and post it later. but again, tying it in with the aforementioned "hip hop problem," it's becoming this juggernaut that is molding the minds of the younger generations. unfortunately it's having a negative impact because a majority of that lifestyle deals with illegal activities, substance abuse and disregard toward women.

Don't get me started on the media...  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

THE_Wantoch

3,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:01 pm
[quote="draconas88]but if you still look at it were her friends in the same category as what i mentioned above and because it's human nature to want to "fit in" then they begin a new chain of this cycle

No... we weren't... We were all in different catagories. Some of her friends lived out in the country, then there was me and one other who lived in town only a few blocks apart. Then there were some of us that lived in dusfunctional families while others werre in stable ones. She fell into all of it of her own free will. She hung out with me and the other in town, so I know she didn't get it from us. All of her other friends only smoked, but they weren't doing what she's doing now.  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff