Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Restaurants in the U.S. that offer Halal choices. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 am
Hey everyone, especially to those of us located in the U.S.
Has anyone found popular Restaurant chains in the U.S. that offer options that are Halal like KFC, McDonalds, Chili's, Applebees?
I've read somewhere that the lamb at Outback Steakhouse is halal but when you order it you have to ask that it's made in a separate pan and not on the grill, and tell them to not put the cabarnet (wine) sauce, and to also not put butter in the steamed veggies cause they use bacon in it (weirdos lol)

I'm going back to the states after 1 year of being in Dubai, and I converted to Islam while here, so I've been scrambling to find places that are ok to go to, and crying about some of the places I can no longer go to!
Also, any ideas on what items at KFC in the U.S. might be halal (mashed potatoes, potato wedges etc)?
I'm finding tons of ethnic restaurants in my city, but sometimes I want something that I'm used to, like a big mac you know what I mean? lol  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:29 am
The only thing a real amarican think about rolleyes rofl rofl rofl rofl Damn i saw lotsa films about amaricans relationship to food.

Quote:
I want something that I'm used to, like a big mac you know

That's what i'm saying auntie wink

Hahaha lol sorry razz

USA is big, and ummm... U can eat french fries, ore fishburger. hahaha... U can eat fishburger in 5 bites ^^ It's not big.... Frenchfries are not speical... I recommend u go eat sharwarma from some turks ore arabs... they got lotsa sharwarma stores lol But they taste quite good ^^

But no, the big mac's and those ain't halal razz Why don't you make your own?? ^^ And where in USA will you live? State, town, street??? Ore lol just town razz Haha... I'm wondering wink

I wanna know if it is a city, ore in the wild western? Like Texas? (did you know that Texas got worlds largest people) ^^  

The_Pathan
Captain

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:43 am
Saalams Zaaki biggrin
I love the sharwarmas here in Dubai! whenever we stop at a petrol station that has a little cafe I make my husband go get me one razz they're toooooo yummy!

In the US we'll be living in the state of Utah, in Salt Lake City, I'm really happy there are lots of halal restaurants and cafes there smile I found two Pakistani restaurants so I'm double happy biggrin as long as they have good dal I'm happy biggrin

Texas is a big place smile I went thru there when I was younger, some of the people are big biggrin but they're really nice smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 am
dal, it's the rice thing right? smile It's used pretty much for the poor people razz

And Salt Lake City? Woah!  

White_Star_Powers

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am
Dal is the lentils, and as far as I know everyone eat them biggrin they're pretty tasty and pretty healthy, tho I'm not good at cooking it yet smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:12 pm
What's hard with cooking dal?

And yea, they are ok...

But i prefer a burger...  

White_Star_Powers

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:26 am
It's not really hard to cook dal razz I just haven't gotten around to it biggrin
Burgers are good, and I remembered one of my favorite restaurants close to my mom's house serves awesome fish and chips razz we may not be able to eat the burgers from that place but the fish, fries, and onion rings are all good biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 pm
Sounds very nice biggrin

Don't u make anything at home? hehe razz  

White_Star_Powers

PiercedPixie2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Errm..i'm a vegetarian sweatdrop

But ive not heard of these Halal choices! I go to Applebee's when i want to go out for a meal, i will have to ask next time biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 pm
White_Star_Powers
Sounds very nice biggrin

Don't u make anything at home? hehe razz

I make almost everything at home biggrin except parathas, though I can, I just haven't bought flour razz I've become a pretty decent cook ^_^  

crazyleochic

White_Star_Powers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:30 am
Nice biggrin

Yummy i love parathas xd My mom makes them, and they are very tasty 3nodding

i somethimes eat it at breakfast with eggs xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:13 am
XD i dunno about USA mrgreen  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:33 am
biggrin USA is iffy about halal stuff sometimes lol! I found a site that has a list of all of the popular brands in the US that are and aren't halal and I cried about some of the stuff cause some of my favorites aren't halal, but a lot of my favorites are ok biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 pm
Nice...

Crazy keep up the good posting biggrin  

The_Pathan
Captain

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:43 am
Thanks Zaaki biggrin I love this guild ^_^
It's made it easier to learn stuff as a new muslim biggrin it's almost been one year since I converted smile  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff