Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Wii may not get Star Fox Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:43 am
Dylan Cuthbert, the president of Q-Games, a developer who worked on the original Star Fox, the unreleased Star Fox 2, and Star Fox Command for the DS has commented on the idea of a Star Fox for the Wii.

Cuthbert
"It'd be a big project, like 100 people on the staff. It's just not something we really want to do."

He does not like the Wii's control scheme and says
Cuthbert
"The Wii is a bit more of a toy, I think."

So his team is definitely not doing a Wii Star Fox.

Just because Q-Games is not making it doesn't mean Nintendo won't go to Namco again (heaven forbid) or take it back to EAD like they did with 64 (PLEASE GOD!)

Here is the Kotaku article.

EDIT: Just read the G4 article. Seems they don't like the idea of Namco heading it either XD
G4's interview  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 am
i just hope someone does, even if they just make it use the classic controller.  

Xilo The Odd

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 am
crying
Classic Controller or Gamecube controller would be nice.

*sigh* Too bad. A new StarFox would be rather epic.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 am
I would like to see multiple control schemes. Classic control would be nice. Then maybe a sideways Wiimote like they did with the Star Fox game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I would really like to see the wiimote vertically and held like an actual cockpit joystick, and then my buddy pointed out how awesome a pointer control scheme could be.

Also that furry comment wasn't necessary Cuthbert. Watch your back dickhead.  

Owwin

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 am
Owwin
I would like to see multiple control schemes. Classic control would be nice. Then maybe a sideways Wiimote like they did with the Star Fox game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I would really like to see the wiimote vertically and held like an actual cockpit joystick, and then my buddy pointed out how awesome a pointer control scheme could be.

Also that furry comment wasn't necessary Cuthbert. Watch your back dickhead.
but how would you does a BARREL ROLL with some of those schemes?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 am
Eh, Assault is probably as good as it will ever get anyway. confused

(And wtf? Furries? yeah, and everyone who like Banjo Kazooie, Animal crossing, Pokemon, Sonic; All furries. rolleyes )  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am
NintendOmega
64 was better.
The control scheme in Assault was too loose for my taste.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:58 am
NintendOmega
64 was awesome sauce. i got a score of 1078 on it. without me or any other wingman dying the whole time.  

Xilo The Odd

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 am
really don't care....maybe this is namco's chance to pull off something right other then an o.k. fighting game?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 pm
First of all, Assault ruled, and people that don't like it are just the kind of people that are too busy being in the "omfg i liek starfox 64, i hate walking!!!!11!" to notice that.

That said, I highly doubt they just won't make a Starfox for the Wii. That guy sounds like an idiotic dickwipe as it is, so ******** him.

Thirdly, wtf, you guys want to use Classic Controllers? That's ******** stupid. Think about using the Wiimote, ********, think about using the Wii Wheel. Starfox was built for this s**t. You'd fly around and tilt the wheel left and right to obviously go left and right, maybe give it a waggle to do a barrelroll, and then, the best thing of all, you could tilt it forward to dive down, and backward to pull up. The Wiimote is a perfect fit for a flying game. You could even hold a button and tilt, and you could perform loops that way.

oh yeah but no let's live like it's 13 years ago

Personally, I'd love a Starfox game where you control the Arwings with the Wiimote on it's side like that, and then when (not if) you go on foot, you plug a nunchuk into that b***h, and use the pointer to shoot, the nunchuk to throw grenades, and the wiimote waggle for melee or something. Even the Landmaster could benefit.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

otawara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:57 pm
Meh.
I've never been a fan of Starfox, but I realize it's concept is very unique in a way. I wouldn't care much for a new Starfox, but it would be a shame to see the series die. It's been quite a while since the last Starfox game I can remember.... Assault, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:16 pm
Meta_Fish
First of all, Assault ruled, and people that don't like it are just the kind of people that are too busy being in the "omfg i liek starfox 64, i hate walking!!!!11!" to notice that.

That said, I highly doubt they just won't make a Starfox for the Wii. That guy sounds like an idiotic dickwipe as it is, so ******** him.

Thirdly, wtf, you guys want to use Classic Controllers? That's ******** stupid. Think about using the Wiimote, ********, think about using the Wii Wheel. Starfox was built for this s**t. You'd fly around and tilt the wheel left and right to obviously go left and right, maybe give it a waggle to do a barrelroll, and then, the best thing of all, you could tilt it forward to dive down, and backward to pull up. The Wiimote is a perfect fit for a flying game. You could even hold a button and tilt, and you could perform loops that way.

oh yeah but no let's live like it's 13 years ago

Personally, I'd love a Starfox game where you control the Arwings with the Wiimote on it's side like that, and then when (not if) you go on foot, you plug a nunchuk into that b***h, and use the pointer to shoot, the nunchuk to throw grenades, and the wiimote waggle for melee or something. Even the Landmaster could benefit.
I gotta agree that it would be silly to use a classic controller too much when you could have the Wiimote be like 4 different types of Arwing controls. (Horizontal, vertical, pointer, and wheel.) and I will also agree that the dude is acting kinda douchey, but I am not gonna agree that Assault rocked. You may have liked it, but I felt it was trying to be too much like a shooter and less like a flying game. I liked adventures, but I hated assault, so you can;t say I didn't like it just for the walking.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:22 pm
Owwin
...but I am not gonna agree that Assault rocked. You may have liked it, but I felt it was trying to be too much like a shooter and less like a flying game. I liked adventures, but I hated assault, so you can;t say I didn't like it just for the walking.
To each his own, I suppose. Adventures was really boring for me, and I guess I just like having a lot of action in my games, so I thought Assault was awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:35 pm
Meta_Fish
Owwin
...but I am not gonna agree that Assault rocked. You may have liked it, but I felt it was trying to be too much like a shooter and less like a flying game. I liked adventures, but I hated assault, so you can;t say I didn't like it just for the walking.
To each his own, I suppose. Adventures was really boring for me, and I guess I just like having a lot of action in my games, so I thought Assault was awesome.
I just didn't like how much of assault was in all range mode. I like all range mode for wicked dog fights, especially when it is against Star Wolf or fighting a large boss, but I don't like having to hunt around for enemies all the time. Maybe if they made one with more than 10 levels they could make a good balance of all range and on rails flight.  

Owwin

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:41 pm
I LIEK SF 64 CAUSE IT HAS NO WALKIN PARTS!!! LOLZORZ

i actually wanted to get assualt and give it a shot, but i never got around to gettin it. and i'm out of stuff i could trade in that i wouldn't regret parting with.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff