Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Really, Mio needed to stop doing everything on her own. He didn't agree that this pink lion would be the Chamberlain for their House. She plopped the idea on him, and now Zahi was stuck with it. Hmph. Women.

So instead of de-throning the young male, Zahi decided to try and work with what he was given. He just had to make sure that he could trust Mbali, that they would work well enough together. He just...had to do it right.

"Mbali!" he called for the young male. Ugh, where was he? Hopefully it wouldn't be like this all the time. Surely if Zahi actually tried to find him he would be nearby, but the purple lion was starting to get used to this Lord stuff, and he was enjoying it a little too well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He had woken up early that morning with every intention of being on time for his one-on-one with the Lord of his House. He'd even been right where he was supposed to be... At least, he could have sworn that he had been. His thoughts were proven wrong the moment the elder male bellowed his name, sending him scrambling to his paws. "Coming!"

He burst through the brush with the enthusiasm of a cub, curbing himself after that initial moment until his movement slowed into a trot as he neared the elder male. "Reporting for duty!" He smiled brightly, wondering if that was the right thing to say... Hoping, more than anything.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 pm
"Hmmm." Zahi grunted as he looked at the male. Well, at least he knew how to listen. Now to see if he could handle anything else. That would work better if Zahi really knew what he needed. Their House was still small enough that he could keep tabs on everyone around, but with the cubs that Mio had taken in, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he didn't want to know who everyone was, and what they did. That would be this boy's job.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked down at him. "Now, I hear that you're going to be something important. I just want to make sure that you're up for it." Hm hm hm. If he was, well, then Zahi could accept him. The lion had high standards. It was only best, as it would ensure everything ran smoothly. "Did the Lady put you up to this?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm
He plopped into a sitting position in front of the other male before straightening himself out to sit as tall as he could while under 'inspection'. His mane was starting to grow in a bit more and he now had a bit more control over his paws, but there was still a good bit of boyishness in his eyes; something he was trying hard to deal with, especially in situations like this.

"Yes, sir... I mean... No, sir." His nose wrinkled slightly at his response to the question and he took a deep breath, releasing it slowly before trying again. "In a way, sir. I asked the Lady if there was anything I could do to help her... And she said that the best way I could help her was to help you."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:51 pm
Zahi cursed under his breathe. He stared out past the boy for a bit, his mind obviously somewhere else. "Well," he said with a grunt, circling around Mbali once, "sounds like something she would say. Volunteering you to help me, when I think she's the one that needs it more." Blasted cubs everywhere. She was going to need help raising them more than he making sure that their borders were safe. Buuuuut....

"I do have an idea, though," he said with a smirk. "Boy, do you know anything about sneaking?" Start right with the basics. If he could sneak, as well as be right in the open...well, he'd be perfect for something. He was young enough to test a bit, train a bit more, and be a perfect candidate for what he would need.

"Now, I'm not saying all the time. Just once in a while. Can you do it?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:13 pm
"She has help though... Her Ladies, right?" His head tilted to the side as he watched the Lord of the House, tail ticking slowly back and forth behind him as the elder male stalked around him. He was pretty sure that's what they were for, at least. It would make sense, after all...

At the next question an impish grin curved the corners of his mouth up. "Of course I can sneak." Sneaking was one of the important things right up there with lurking and pouncing. It had everything to do with proper learning. "I'm getting pretty good at it too."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

WestHouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:23 pm
"....." Zahi couldn't help but raise a brow. Clearly he was still a boy. When he got older, he'd realize how annoying and pain-in-the-a** cubs were. He shook his head, but let the subject fall. There were more important things to think about.

Zahi nodded. "So, you can sneak." His tail twitched. Good. "The best way you can help me is keeping an eye on everything. When you're older, and there's more members of the House to keep track of, you'll be in charge of that. I can't focus on remembering who everyone is, or what their job is. That's your part." He smirked again. "The sneaking part is because you'll need to make sure that they're doing their job." He knew that there were slackers. If Zahi just had to keep track of some of the guards and him, well, he could do that.

He shrugged, trying to make it seem normal. To spy. It was really harmless, though. It's not like he was asking him to keep track of everything. Zahi just wanted them to have a successful House. And Mbali, if he was up for it, would be a big piece of it. It was on Mio's shoulder's if he failed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 pm
He listened attentively, his own tail still ticking from time to time as he listened to the instructions he was being given. It was just like every other lesson he'd ever had; something that he would have to remember and practice so that he could succeed in making those above him proud.

He nodded once Zahi had finished. "I can do that, Sir." He could and he would, there was no doubt about it. He'd hone his sneaking skills until he could move quietly enough that others wouldn't know he was there until he spoke if that's what it would take. "I can be your eyes and your ears so you can pay attention to other things."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 am
Zahi grinned. He was starting to like this boy more and more. He had a sharp eye to decipher exactly what he wanted. "Good," he replied with a nod. "I'm sure that once our numbers multiply, the Lady and I will need to keep in contact with the Central House more." His tail swished behind him on the ground, swaying some of the dead foliage away.

"You won't always need to sneak, either. Sometimes being right out in the open is well enough." Mbali would probably figure out what was best for him in due time. Zahi would back him up if any ever complained, either.

"Perhaps Mio did see something in you. The more you talk, the more I like you, Izimbali." He might have to give her a little credit the next time he saw her. She didn't seem like it, but she knew what she was doing. Zahi would have to make sure that he was there when any more of these decisions were made without him, he thought with a snort.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 am
"Do you have others who carry messages to the other Houses, Sir?" His brow lofted slightly, head cocking to the side again. "Or would that be my job as well?" He didn't think it would be, as it would be a little difficult to keep an eye on everyone within the House if he was off running elsewhere.

He straightened out a bit more as Zahi mentioned Mio being right about him, trying his best not to revert to child-like grinning at the praise. He nodded slowly. "I'll do my best, Sir. I won't let you down."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:26 am
Zahi snorted. "Never. We'll find someone else to take care of all that. You'll be needed here more than that. For the most part we only need to worry about the Central House, and I'm sure if they need to speak with us they would let us know."

Hmm. Kid did have a point, though. He'd mention it to Mio, just in case she had anyone else up her sleeves that he didn't know about.

"First, you'll need to make sure you know who everyone is. Easy enough since there's just a handful of us." For the moment. Once those children grew...ugh. Too many for him to try and remember, even if they were pretty distinctive. Besides the twins.

"I'm sure keeping tabs on your mother would be smart, too. If I'm not around, she'd be best to alert if there's something odd going on." His assumption being a stranger that none of them were familiar with. Their borders were too large for the few of them to constantly watch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm
He nodded once, keeping everything Zahi said in mind. "If I learn all that I can about everyone now it will be easier to learn more about anyone else, right? That way I'll just have to make sure I find out everything there is to know about whoever's new." It seemed to make sense to him; watch and remember and take it from there.

"As for my mother... I usually try to keep up with her. She's my mother, after all." He said simply as if that was the only way he could explain it. Even now his mother was one of the most important lions in his life and he couldn't foresee that changing. "If I can't find you I report to her?"

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 pm
Zahi nodded. "Much easier. I'm glad you noticed," he complimented with a grin. "I'm sure you'll slip into your role well enough. Starting out small as we are is the perfect way to train."

He nodded again, though a little less...enthusiastically. It was still odd having a female in his guard, but he didn't deny that she showed incredible strength, as well as potential. Sexist as he was, he started to change his views once he had met Mio. She still had a way until she could prove herself as a real head of the guard. "Yes," he replied. "She would know where to find me if you are unable. If it is anything minute, she would know how best to handle it as well. It is a good thing you two are close, since I'm certain you will depend on one another as time goes on."

His House would certainly be a successful one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 pm
"So we all learn together, right?" His head cocked slightly to the side again. "One thing at a time until everything works the way it should in order to please you and the Lady... And to make our House stronger."

He straightened out again as the elder male spoke of his mother, quite glad that Zahi hadn't said anything that he'd have to defend. As far as he was concerned there couldn't possibly be anyone better suited for the position his mother held than she herself. "I've always depended on her, Sir... And I would very much like to be someone that she can depend on as well."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 pm
"Hum..." He leered down at the younger male, but didn't see any bit of swaying. Pleased, he closed his eyes and twitched his tail. "Stronger indeed. Though we do not value strength in the same way as the North House, we can use our creative ways to keep us up in standing."

Zahi was a little too proud.

"Anyway, that's really it for today. I think I'll probably need you again later. Where should I look for you?" Zahi shouldn't be looking for him, but...he was young. He'd learn, since he was so sharp.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff