Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:50 am
Well, I finally got around to getting a few days back a wii game called "Frontier Ruins"! It's like Harvest Moon where you run around in a RPG like land and do things like grow plants, build up your house, kill monsters, and build relationships ect...
So far it's been a lot of fun! Anyone like games like that? Anyone tried this game yet or plan to get it perhaps? Anyone here ever played Harvest Moon games or previous Frontier Ruins (I heard there were others before this)?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm
Well, I have a Wii, but I hate Harvest Moon...

I don't like having a Wii. ):  

Death Shikaku

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm
Awe so you most likely won't like this one. I've never played harvest moon before myself but I've heard it's mostly the same as this one.

They need more games for the wii.
whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:00 pm
Yeah, they do need more games.
I'd like to see more teen and up rated games for Wii, most Wii games are for kids. (Mario Party, Mario Kart [maybe fun, but still], Carnival Games, etc.)
Yeah, they do have some games such as Tom Clancy's EndWarâ„¢ and Call of Duty: World at War, but those are really the only two I can think of.

The only game I really like to the Wii is Super Smash Bros. Brawl (which for some odd reason doesn't work anymore) and Guitar Hero/Rock Band.  

Death Shikaku

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am
hello there.. uhm.. I'm a fan of harvest moon.. lols.. ^_^ and we have different consoles at home you see.. biggrin so I get to play different games.. but now I'm more on computer games. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:11 am
yay! i like harvest moon too(: i think its lotsa fun, tho it does get boring after sometime.. i only have it on my ds, i think its more fun than playing it on wii tho. wii is more fun playing action games biggrin  

Fate-J

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am
LOL... I've been a big Harvest Moon player since the N64!!!
I've asked about this game in a different guild, but I was beginning to think no one knew what the heck I was talking about!!!!
Lesseee... There's two Rune Factory games on the DS... The first one's main character is supposed to look exactly like the one on Wii. It has ten potential brides, and one secret bride you can get only after you beat all of the dungeons.
The second one stars a red haired boy, and has seven bridal candidates. It's really different because not only does most of the girls get married, after so long, you can play as your son or daughter and have them date in the second generation (however, they can never get married.)
Besides fighting monsters and creating equipment and all sorts of battle stuff, there's one more element that adds onto Rune Factory: the marriages.
On Harvest Moon games, you get their hearts up to red, then give them a Blue Feather. That's it. On the two Rune Factory games on DS, every girl has a specific want. First game someone wants you to raise 50 monsters, another wants a specific gem for a present, and the secret character will only marry you if you get all friendships with everyone up to 8 or higher!
The second game adjusts this by merely asking you to give your potential bride a gift that either they or their father give to you. (Dorothy and Mana's father give you a special item to give to their daughters.)
So, umm... yeah, I know a lot about these games, so he, hee...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:32 am
@Death Shikaku
Agreed!!! I have to admit that most the time my wii kinda just sits there unless I decide to play one of the very few games I've got for it. Some games too that I was looking forward too mostly at times appear to be a disappointment. Like Dragon warrior for the wii. I liked Dragon warrior 7 but the Dragon warrior for the wii wasn't that great. A recent game example would be the latest Tenchu. I didn't play it yet but me and my sister were waiting on it only to find out it's one player. I personally like my x-box's better than the wii and spend more time on that. I agree more higher rated games would be nice!

@Arch Angel Neko
I play various games too. My favorites are typically RPG or fighting but I like others as well. ^_^

@Fate-J
Oh! Does that mean you played frontier ruins already? ^_^
Talking about action games. I really want to get call of duty and the gun sets (but i have to buy two b/c theirs me and my sister here). But each time I go to buy it i always see another game I want to pick up. sweatdrop
I'm still waiting for Fatal frame to come out on the wii!!! I think it's coming out here in the summer. Ever played it?

@Black_Angel_Flowne
Oh! You've played it too! Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the wii character here is the same one from the older DS game. Someone mentioned that they brought back some of the girl characters from previous games so it might be the main character!

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 am
Lemmee think, there's been at least ten Harvest Moon games that come out, but I think that they're not as focused on this series anymore... I think most of their attention goes to Rune Factory now...
OF all things farming, I've got...

Harvest Moon 64 for the N64
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Both boy and girl versions) for gamecube
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for Playstation One
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (Both boy and Girl versions) GBA
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for Gamecube
Harvest Moon DS (Both the boy and girl version)
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness for DS
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility for Wii
Both Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon games for DS
And I'm trying to find the Rune Factory for Wii right now! blaugh

For those new to this series, I'd recommend any of the DS versions, but preferably those that only let you play one gender (Harvest Moon DS or Harvest Moon DS: Cute), because there's just much more to those games.
And for the big system, go for the gamecube games. (Particularly Another Wonderful Life, which is the girl version.) If you want to play the boy version, called A Wonderful Life, I'd go with the remake on the PS2. It's much slower, but you get to marry an extra character on it, named Lumina, you can raise a daughter on it (if more people ask about it, I'll show you how), and you can keep on playing after the chapters. (The guy version for gamecube ends after ten years, cause you're character dies!!!)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:39 am
@Black_Angel_Flowne
Oh! You've played it too! Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the wii character here is the same one from the older DS game. Someone mentioned that they brought back some of the girl characters from previous games so it might be the main character!

I'm almost positve that Raguna is the main character. And I know one of the girls on this new game, Mist, is also a bachelorette for the original game... Is she still kinda... dumb? on the new version?  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:07 am
lol To put it simply....yes.
XD!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:19 am
I've never played harvest moon, though I liked the look of it. Once I got animal crossing for my ds I didn't really see much point...  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 am
dragontamer363
I've never played harvest moon, though I liked the look of it. Once I got animal crossing for my ds I didn't really see much point...
Animal Crossing? That's a game like Harvest moon and Rune Factory Frontier right?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 pm
Yeah, Animal Crossing is what I have. It's like Harvest Moon, but the only big differences are you can only stay in one town (unless you have friend codes and the internet connected), and two, you can't fight monsters. It's a real life thing, you can buy furniture, put it in your house, you can celebrate Christmas, Halloween, etc. It's fun. 3nodding  

Death Shikaku

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:45 pm
I watched my sister and her friend play Harvest Moon. It looked too much like work.

And yet somehow I like Animal Crossing....  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff