Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:46 pm
User Image

Home sweet home. It was where they were meant to be, where they were with others like them but for not it was still an adjustment. It was exciting, even for an old lioness like Kataa'tamaa, but it was not without it's stresses. The aim for the afternoon was to eliminate the opportunity for such stress, Kataa'tamaa was out and about trying to fully familiarize herself with the pride's territory and, most importantly, pick out her favorite places. It was step one on a small list of things to accomplish. She was also keeping her eyes open for the familiar group of family members, particularly the younger pair, eager to see how they were enjoying the swamp.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:04 pm
User Image

Magebari-gura trotted around with a smile on her face. She had been going around the new lands with a inquisitive, friendly expression and sniffing pretty much everything in sight. Much like her grandmother, though unknown to Bari, she enjoyed picking out preferred spots to come and relax upon throughout the day.

Her favorite places were those with water, and by the looks of these lands, these areas were in abundance. So now was just the simple chore of finding the right one. During this task, she spotted a familiar brown lioness up ahead of her.

"Grandmother!"

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm
The familiar voice calling a familiar title caught her attention, and Tamaa was quick to turn and take a look. At the sight of her lovely granddaughter, a brighter smile appeared on her maw. Rather than backtrack and jog up to the younger lioness, she waited for Bari to come up to her. Her best assumption was close to the truth, they were all just getting to know the lands after all, and the tone of voice in Bari's greeting did not suggest she had been sought out but rather found.

"Bari, darling," she greeted her cheerfully, "How are you this afternoon?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 pm
Bari didn't take but an extra moment to catch up to her older relative. She gave her a friendly nuzzle on the neck by way of welcome.

"I'm well, grandmother. How are you? And what are you doing out here by yourself?" she teased. She knew that Tamaa was like her in the fact that they both loved to find new things. Just because she was older didn't mean she didn't like to do her hobbies anymore.

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:52 pm
Tamaa laughed, nuzzling back against Bari and fussily licking at part of the fur on her head that was sticking up. She'd only ever had one cub herself, but she was finding more and more that she enjoyed having them around. Watching Takato-lilia raise his own family was a joy, and she was increasingly eager to see it with her grandchildren as well, funny though it was where she had only the one son herself.

"I'm doing just fine, I don't need a chaperone," she responded with a smirk at the 'alone' comment, "I was just out taking a look around, trying to pick out a favorite place. What do you think?" She looked around where they were standing but they weren't anywhere particularly fascinating yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:03 pm
She giggled and obediently stooped downward a bit to let her grandmother fix her tuft of hair. It was always sticking up, that one lick of curl. It was the strangest thing. And Tamaa was always the one to notice it the fastest and fix it whenever she could. It made Bari feel special, even in the little way that it was.

"Of course not, Grandma," she replied dolefully, looking around the place they stood in. "I think...it's a nice place, if you want to just stand or sit around doing nothing but meditation all day long. I was actually looking for a place with water, you know how I love to swim and all." From the smell of this place, it seemed like there was another pool of water nearby, too. Maybe there was a nice place next to it that they could share?

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:14 pm
"You'll have no trouble finding water here, I think" she said with smile and a quick look around, pleased that Bari still let her fix up her hair even now that she was older. She took a moment to spread out her toes and press down on the earth they were standing upon, though it turned out to be one of the drier patches. Still, the humidity and the scent of water were the more obvious of changes in their environment.

"Now water for swimming, that might be a bit more tricky," Tamaa said, glancing back around the way she had come thoughtfully, "How clean are you looking to stay?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm
Bari laughed outright at that. "Water is no problem here, indeed. Finding clean water, though, is going to be a challenge," she replied, still chuckling. "I'm not worried at all about how clean I'll stay or how dirty I'll become. I'm not going to be swimming everyday, either. I found this really neat trick of poking the water with just one claw, and it makes all numbers and sizes of ripples that come out of it. I spent an afternoon doing that, once."

Bari, the lovely girl, was incredibly easily-amused. Whether or not this was a bad thing had yet to be decided.

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 pm
"You'll have plenty of water for the ripples, then," she said with a laugh, though believing it a good thing to enjoy something enough to spend an afternoon at it.. and who was she to worry about the little quirks that made Bari who she was?

"What you need to find is a good place to swim," she continued, assuming the girl was looking for something more private than the central area, "Have you seen the water back that way?" She asked, nodding off in the direction she had come from, almost opposite the way Bari had come from.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 pm
She nodded as well, peering in the direction Tamaa gestured towards. "No...I haven't checked out that way, yet. Did you come from there? We don't have to go that way. I bet we could find a good place another way." She didn't want to bother her grandmother too much. Bari would feel like she was bugging the older lioness, and she hated that.

"Although, if you did see some nice areas with water back there..." she eyed the direction with a half-smile on her face.

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm
"If you say so, dear," she agreed, shaking her head at the response she got but more than willing to look around for another area. She wasn't just searching out her own place now and stubborn as she could be, this wasn't something to get worried about. To help find something was a delight, "You lead the way and I'll follow." It would be funny to see how long making a decision took, but once that was over they would be able to start looking. While it was the apparent difficult part, getting started invariably was the pace determinant.

"If you're looking for something private, I'd say we should avoid all the paw prints," she suggested, spotting a worn path near where Bari indicated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:57 pm
That's true. If she was going to go swimming, she would probably like it to include some private time. Otherwise, Bari would simply go jump into a more public pool, with the open invitation of allowing other lions to come join her. Which could be good for getting to know those who already live here.

But at the same time, she yearned for her own little place. Like that little boulder she had found on her naming quest: it had been perfect.

"That's a good idea, Grandma. Let's go this way." She turned towards a more denser patch, where she could see no apparent paw prints and signs of wear and tear.

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:16 pm
It was a clever plan, letting the younger lioness lead the way, press down the unworn path just enough to make it easier for the old lioness to walk more ably through.

"Interesting how there can be so much water and still we have to look for the best part, but not every place feels quite the same," she mused aloud as the walked, then added a slight warning though it was not likely Bari would forget, "Watch for sinking spots." Those were plenty of fun, some could be quite tricky to remove paws from. And they seemed to be most common in quiet, low-traffic areas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 pm
The warning came just in the nick of time, for Bari was about to step in a spot that looked suspiciously like a sinking hole. "Eh, I'm going to go around this one," she murmured to herself, gracefully sidestepping around the puddle in question before continuing her way through the swamplands.

Not soon after that little obstacle, she came upon a small waterhole hidden by a cluster of rocks. They were large enough for her to hide behind comfortably, but small enough to see around them and spot the water surrounding it. From here, she couldn't quite tell how clean it was, but Bari didn't really care at the moment.

It was the perfect place.

"Look, Grandma, here's one! It looks perfect!" she called back to Tamaa as she bounded forward for a better look.

Kytora

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:43 pm
Tamaa paused to look at the soft spot in the earth, daring to dip a wary paw in before mimicking her granddaughter and sidestepping it in favor of solid land. Due to her pause, she fell slightly behind but her attention was pulled back to the task when Bari called out that she had found the perfect place. She picked up the pace a bit, though still moving considerably slower than the younger lioness. She stopped by the rocks, making note of exactly how they were positioned before stepping around to look at the water.

"Huh," she said positively, "What's the water like?"

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces