Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:30 pm
User Image

It was a bright and sunny day, at least it was above and between the trees. Trying to enjoy the sunshine, Tamaa had found herself a nice sunny spot on the ground, a good little distance from any of the trees. It was a good time of day for a little nap so she saw no problem in settling in and just relaxing. This was always her main reason for not hanging around with somebody, and she rather enjoyed it.. though secretly. She would never have chosen it over her family but sometimes, when nobody needed her, it was nice to just rest.

So she lay in the sunlight, her eyes closed and her mind wandering dreamily, though she was not quite asleep.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:11 pm
User ImageJaha-mnamo-Ukosa cautiously traversed the dry areas of the swamp, of which there were precious few. When she first arrived in this strange place she worried that her foot might slip on a patch of moss, sending her tumbling into the water or against a sharp rock, and of course it happened. The experience was different than she imagined. Only one of her paws slipped and she managed to catch herself easily without any damage. She felt slightly more confident about herself now. Still, she preferred the dry areas to the wet.

“I suppose I’ll get used to it eventually,” Kosa sighed to herself. She lifted her eyes to the trees, watching the shadows of birds pass through the canopy, scattering light with their wing beats. Kosa smiled and hummed a soft little song as she wandered.

Before long she came across her cousin sunning herself in a dry clearing. She silenced herself, listening carefully to the sound of her breathing. Sometimes it was hard to tell when she was sleeping or merely relaxing in the sun. She padded over quietly, whispering so that her cousin need not wake if she was dreaming, “Mind if I join you?”

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 pm
Though she showed no sign of it, Tamaa heard the approach of another lion- largely due to the fact that Kosa had been talking to herself. It was familiar but she was not certain, especially when they fell quiet. When Kosa finally got up and moved closer, she realized who it was. With a content sigh, she lifted her head, stretched out her neck and opened her eyes.

"Not at all," she said, shifting herself back a bit to make sure there was room in the dry area she'd found, "I was just enjoying the sun, it's quite nice right here, don't you think?" Tamaa was also adjusting to the seeming constantly damp lands, but knowing where they were, what the lands were to their family, to her father.. it just made it feel special. That certainly made her happy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 pm
“Yes, it is,” Kosa replied as she laid herself out beside Tamaa. While not as old as Tamaa, Kosa was an aging lioness who still took pride in her figure. Now that she was in the swamp her daily cleaning ritual was more exhausting than ever before. Still, she felt determined to keep herself in good condition. Even an old lioness must keep her dignity.

“It’s nice to find a dry place in the marsh,” she sighed, flicking her white tail. “I can only imagine what it must be like to grow up here, with the water and the bugs and the reptiles everywhere.”

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm
"Yes, I'm quite lucky to have found this little area," Tamaa agreed when Kosa commented on the dry land, "We may not get to grow up here, but we get to see Dama and Bangili enjoy it and all the other young ones around here. It's quite busy, I've noticed." For a family accustomed to life only with each other, growing at a slow rate.. well, it was certainly another adjustment to be made. Tamaa had yet to venture a conversation on her own with any of the other pride members, she was quite comfortable sticking with her family and figuring out a new routine for daily life. For now, at least  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm
Kosa nodded, looking a bit overwhelmed at the thought of others outside her family. Ever since her name quest… no, she shouldn’t be thinking about that. There was more to the problem of living in such a big pride than her wise distrust of outsiders. She hardly ever felt talkative when it came to strangers.

“I suppose with the queen gone the pride is busier than usual. Everyone is probably on edge.” That was how she felt when her father passed away. The world almost seemed to end that day. “Hopefully everyone will settle down soon. I’m glad Dama and Bangili have this chance to see the swamps while they’re young. Maybe they’ll adjust easier. How are your children doing?”

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:37 pm
Tamaa offered an encouraging smile at Kosa when she noticed her reaction to the comment on the business of the pride. It was sometimes hard to take notice of individual habits in a family of their size, but it would be harder not to notice that Kosa generally seemed to stick around them.

"Mhmm," she murmured at the comment of the death of the queen, saying nothing herself, "I think they'll have a greater appreciation and enjoyment for it than us, Dama is enjoying himself, I'm sure. Everybody is doing well, how about your son and his family?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 pm
Kosa smiled lightly even though the subject of her family often displeased her. And yet, in some ways, she found herself eager to gossip about them. She never truly spoke her mind, afraid that some other members of her family would find her opinions undeservedly harsh; even she thought so sometimes, but she never let that get in the way of her bitter feelings. Whenever Makali'kondo or his mate grew irritated with her she always claimed that she was hard on them only because she wanted the best out of her offspring. Sometimes she even believed that herself.

Her feelings toward her brothers were quite different. Even though they had their squabbles as cubs (what siblings didn’t, after all?), now that they were all adults she treated them as equals. She even envied them for not having children of their own. It must be so nice. As for Tamaa and her side of the family, Kosa felt nothing but love and affection.

She spoke of her family with warmth tainted by a faint cynicism that almost resembled fondness. “Makali hasn’t said much about it, you know how he can be. I’m sure Min Zira is as neurotic as ever. Bangili, well…” Her eyes softened to match the warmth in her voice. “She seems to be having a little trouble with the change. I’m sure Dama will make it easier on her. Once they make some friends it’ll be like we never left home. What am I saying? We are home.” Kosa chuckled.

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm
Tamaa always enjoyed talking with Kosa, they shared a common interest- gossip. The old lioness liked to keep up with the goings-on of everybody, beyond the things she could see when they were all together, somebody always had something going on. Usually it was the younger ones, which were always a favorite topic of Tamaa's.

"That's good to hear," she responded cheerily, "I'm sure the cubs will have plenty of fun once they realize there are other cubs around now to make friends with. I've seen so many around." It looked like so many cubs to her, anyway. She was used to small groups of cubs, at least in more recent times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:30 pm
“Can you believe it? Everywhere I go I see dozens and dozens of little ankle biters,” she said jokingly. That was how it sounded. “I’m surprised Bangili hasn’t managed to make any friends yet. Sooner or later she’s bound to find someone with something in common with her.”

Kosa did not give a thought to whether she would ever find someone special in the swamps. Once the crowd seemed less daunting she might run into one or two lionesses who would gossip with her and they could become friends, but she would always keep a comfortable space between her friends and her emotions. The great number of males in this pride took up most of her worry.

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:38 am
"Yes, there are quite a few of them," she agreed with a laugh, "They'll figure it out once they get comfortable, I think. It's strange being around so many other lions sometimes, I think, but it's not nearly as strange as seeing all the cubs. We've never had a litter larger than three, have we?" Tamaa paused to think about it but quickly shook her head without worrying about it.

"What about you, though?" she asked, "Have you found any new friends?" Kosa was young, Tamaa was as eager to see her become more social as she was with her own grandchildren. She wanted to see all of them thrive in their new lives before she couldn't see it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:49 pm
“We haven’t?” Ukosa turned to stare at her. “That’s funny. It always felt bigger to me, but I suppose that’s because of all my cousins.”

She rolled onto her back, allowing the sun’s rays to soak her belly. “I’m doing everything in my power to avoid meeting new lions. I’m sure they’re all very nice, Tamaa. I’m sure. It’s just that I don’t feel ready right now.”

The last time she met someone new he died before she could introduce him to her family. That was the way she explained it when she came home from her naming quest with new life squirming in her belly and ever since then, whenever a strange male would wander by the family, she would become reclusive. She used to say it was because of the rouge that killed Huri. Sometimes she said that she wanted to remain a widow out of respect. They might question her feelings, but they never questioned her story about Huri, the male who fathered her only son.

They would never know the truth. No one would.

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:01 pm
"Well, let's see," she said thoughtfully, taking a moment to recount the litters born in their families, "Dama and Bangili were each in a litter of one. My brother and I were two, you and your brothers were three, we each had a litter of one.. ah, and Takato and Kigugu's three eldest."

She smiled, proud to have been able to recall each of them. Assuming she had not forgotten anybody, anybody that was still around at least.

"You'll have to get over that soon," Tamaa commented gently with a small laugh, "We're expected to know our pride mates, I do believe. But until you're ready, you're always welcome to stick with me."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:41 am
Ukosa smiled as Tamaa recited the family tree by heart. Being with her sometimes made Ukosa wish her mother and father were still alive. Now that they were gone she was expected to be the matriarch of her side of the family, and while it might seem like quite a glamorous role she felt undeserving and unprepared. At least Tamaa was always looking out for her.

“Probably….” She reluctantly agreed that the pride would expect them to socialize. Her grandparents put an enormous importance on family, so she expected the pride where they were born to do the same.

When Tamaa finished she smiled brightly. “I’d like that very much.”

((End?))  

Sergeant Sargent

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:19 pm
"Me too," Tamaa responded brightly, happy to offer comfort to those she was close to. She said nothing else but smiled, resting her head on her paws once again. Good weather, good company.. it was a good afternoon.

Fin ;3  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff