Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She's a maniac, maaaaniac
  on the phone
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 am
After skimming the Bologna thread, I was thinking about iGoldman mentioning c***k is a rude name for a Chinese person.

So I wondered...

What is the slang used around the world for different races?

And since half the world hates us right now, I was especially curious to see what rude names the world has cooked up for Americans.

The title is because, though to my knowledge it isn't a widely used term anymore, I called my friend an effing frog one morning when she was yelling at me for being half filipino. (we get in weird joking racial arguments when she threatens to claim me as a conquest with her spanish heritage so it wasn't an insult) She had no idea what I meant by calling her a frog so I had to explain.
You'll understand why I called her a frog if you knew the last name though. Perrenot(pronounced pear-eh-no) is such a French last name.
(If you don't get it, frog is a somewhat rude name for a French person.)

I mean no offense to anyone whom is easily offended by hearing rude slang.
If you are one of those easily offended with rude words for your race then I suggest not reading this thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:25 am
Insults.....
"Donkey" is an insult counting on how it's used and you call someone that.
So like saying "You donkey!" XD
Um... I'll add to this when more comes to mind. sweatdrop
lol Frog...I never knew that could be an insult.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:41 pm
Honkey. You honkey!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 pm
Donkey and honkey?

I've never heard of either of those. xd sweatdrop  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:59 pm
I've never heard donkey, either. Although, I have heard a** before used as an insult.

Something funny, yet strange. I called my friend a pink hulk one day, because he was acting gay, and he got pissed... then he started using that as an insult. Strange, right? razz  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 pm
Death Shikaku
I've never heard donkey, either. Although, I have heard a** before used as an insult.

Something funny, yet strange. I called my friend a pink hulk one day, because he was acting gay, and he got pissed... then he started using that as an insult. Strange, right? razz

a** is always an insult of choice for some people but calling someone a donkey, I have never heard.

And that's great. Reminds me of a while ago my mom and I created a new term to describe gay people. ABD means "all but the dress" since we didn't have an appropraite term to describe a friend of mine, since he's so flaming that he really is all that but the dressing as a girl.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 pm
Gay
American
Young people

Guess who made this? My mom. Lol. I was talking about this guy who was... er... hitting on me in class. It was disturbing. No offense to anyone here to might be, or is gay... but... it's akward when someone of the same sex hits on you when you're not... well, gay.

I feel weird saying gay, because it is offensive to a lot of people.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:15 pm
I've recently realized I am bisexual and I have enough homosexual friends that don't care if you call them gay so I don't worry about being politically correct.

Now calling someone a f*ggot, which I do choose to censor since I find it an extremely offensive word, or a dyke is another thing. That is offensive, I think people who find being called gay take themselves too seriously.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:05 am
well I don't know but I think people should be more sensitive esp. on the words they say cause people might get offended.. personally though I'm the type who would be a snob for persons who keep insulting even though I hint them to stop.. but I'm very cool with jokes though not the offensive types. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:52 pm
Arch Angel Neko
well I don't know but I think people should be more sensitive esp. on the words they say cause people might get offended.. personally though I'm the type who would be a snob for persons who keep insulting even though I hint them to stop.. but I'm very cool with jokes though not the offensive types. xd

I agree with that but I disagree at the same time.

I think America as a country is faaaaar too sensitive. We sugarcoat things as not to hurt anyone's feelings and I think while we should respect people's feelings, we should also be allowed to tell it like it is.

And when we aren't sugarcoating things we only tell the bad things. I think the media is a large problem.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:59 pm
Its all about trying to avoid confrontations that lead to bad relationships. And we dont want that now do we Lol  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 pm
Andy _1134
Its all about trying to avoid confrontations that lead to bad relationships. And we dont want that now do we Lol

Avoiding confrontation is all find and dandy, I do it a lot myself.

But when we don't tell people the facts to avoid hurting their feelings so they get dumbed down versions then we're just being too sensitive.

And I don't mean go and tell China they're a bunch of effing communists. I mean tell the people of our own freaking country the truth. Confrontation avoidance is important when it deals with foreign affairs but Americans are so sue-happy that people will do anything to avoid possible law suits.

You eat too much McDonalds? You're going to get fat. Don't sue the company for "making you fat". We make money such an important thing that if they had signs saying "eat here but not too often" they would likely lose money and God forbid that happens.

So then people eat there too much and get fat and sue the company. They say to make nutrition facts available and they are. But online, when they're in stores it's hard to find them too. How many people are going to work that hard to find out how many calories are in their double cheeseburger? Not many.

I kind of lost my point half way through that and lost my train of thought.....
I don't even remember what point I was trying to make with the McDonalds story to begin with.

Oh wait, I think I got it.
Make money less important and make facts people need to know known.
....or something like that. sweatdrop  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 am
I didn't think the word "Gay" was bad to be honest. The other stuff like Zizzy mentioned are rude words but Gay just doesn't seem like an offensive word at all. Honestly I can't remember the bigger word so the most common one is easier for me to remember. (Talking homosexual/heterosexual...I mix them up. >_<)

On the other hand, I completely agree with Zizzy with the US having Sueing issues....seriously...people are sueing for EVERY LITTLE THING now-a-days. Seriously people need to calm down and be more logical.
The sueing mcdonalds one for being fat is just plain hilarious. How do you eat mc donalds every day and not expect to gain?! Then when you do you're surprised(?!) and want to sue b/c no one told you/warned you? Come on...it's junk food!! Of course it's unhealthy and can ruin your body if you over-eat. XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:35 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
I didn't think the word "Gay" was bad to be honest. The other stuff like Zizzy mentioned are rude words but Gay just doesn't seem like an offensive word at all. Honestly I can't remember the bigger word so the most common one is easier for me to remember. (Talking homosexual/heterosexual...I mix them up. >_<)

On the other hand, I completely agree with Zizzy with the US having Sueing issues....seriously...people are sueing for EVERY LITTLE THING now-a-days. Seriously people need to calm down and be more logical.
The sueing mcdonalds one for being fat is just plain hilarious. How do you eat mc donalds every day and not expect to gain?! Then when you do you're surprised(?!) and want to sue b/c no one told you/warned you? Come on...it's junk food!! Of course it's unhealthy and can ruin your body if you over-eat. XD

I'm suing you for talking about fat people suing McDonalds for getting fat!

...even if I could, I wouldn't.
I would feel horrible if I sued someone over something ridiculous, because the guilt of taking their money instantly.

Oh, and that homosexual/heterosexual thing leads me to a funny thing the guys at school do. It's funny in a stupid way.
Whenever somebody says something, like, "eat that hotdog" when we're being funny, we have to say 'no homo' after the sentence, and if we don't and they call homo on you, then they punch you twice lol.
It's a funny little game... but I hate it.  

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:48 pm
Death Shikaku
Moonlight_HuangHou

I'm suing you for talking about fat people suing McDonalds for getting fat!

...even if I could, I wouldn't.
I would feel horrible if I sued someone over something ridiculous, because the guilt of taking their money instantly.

Oh, and that homosexual/heterosexual thing leads me to a funny thing the guys at school do. It's funny in a stupid way.
Whenever somebody says something, like, "eat that hotdog" when we're being funny, we have to say 'no homo' after the sentence, and if we don't and they call homo on you, then they punch you twice lol.
It's a funny little game... but I hate it.

I'm sueing you for sueing Moonlight for agreeing with me!

Oh jeez, that would just be ridiculous.

That reminds me of something my friends do.
One friend always says to me, "I love you... platonically"
And another friend started something similar to what you said about the "no homo"
She'll tell people "I love you. No homo."
So one day one of our other friends said "I love you.... Yes homo."

Except we don't get punched if we don't say "no homo". It's just something my friends say.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff