Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Thoughts on Resident Evil 5? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:24 pm
Well I've been trying to get a 360 lately just to play Re5. I'm a fan of the Re series and have been waiting for it anxiously. So...How is it?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:46 pm
I've played about three hours of the beginning and watched the playthrough of it online, and I have to say it's very fun. It's really different from all the past RE games though since it's geared more towards action than horror. The enemies you fight are also more like mutated humans than gory zombies. Not sure if it matters, but as a scardey-cat I was able to play without fearing for my brainssss.

The co-op experience is the best part of the game, in which you can play with an online/offline buddy or an AI. I don't know how smart the AI is (from what I've heard, she isn't too bad) but I think it's best to play with someone irl, so long as they know what they are doing.

Like all RE games you're only allowed to hold a limited amount of items/weapons, so you'll have to manage that throughout the game but it isn't too bad. Just don't expect to walk around with 6 guns and expect to have enough room for ammo and healing herbs. =___=;

And if you're still unsure, find a playthrough online and watch the beginning or something. It won't spoil too much.

[/blab]  

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

Raijin36

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:59 pm
I beat everything except the playthrough on professional (im halfway) and the new online achievements which I havent even looked at yet. ninja

It's extremely reminiscent of RE4 and they even mention it a couple of times but it is really nice to play as chris again and the big bad wesker comes out of the shadows to personally take you out, overall I thought it got over the bar (or under if you prefer limbo) that RE4 set id recommend it to anyone with spare cash and a 360 and if you are a great RE fan and dont have a 360 wait for it to come to a system you have.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:12 pm
i wanna play it!!!! it looks so cool and stuff.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:47 pm
@ Houkito: Re4 is also set more on action (in my opinion.) The only thing that ever freaked me out was in the beginning when I first picked up the game. When you dash into the town and barricade yourself in the house, I was scared as hell. I'm really good at RE4 (I think, but I know people are better than me), so I think I can manage to beat this one w/o any problem.

@ Raijin: Thank you for the information, it makes me want it ever more biggrin

@ Mistress: Me toooo!!!!! sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:10 pm
Oh, that part was fun. xD

Luckily, I was playing with my neighbor and he knew what he was doing so I just kind of did whatever he wanted me to.

"Guard the door! Get to the window! Back me up!"
"O__O;;; !!"

There aren't that many parts that are especially scary unless the enemies are popping out of corners.  

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 pm
I completely freaked out and handed the controller to my friend who owned the game for him to beat it for me.

But now I can do it easily without a problem. Go inside, push dresser against window, go upstairs, grab shotgun, grab grenade, grab ammo, get next to bed, take people out with pistol when they're coming through ladder until the other window breaks, continue shooting with pistol until they all get together, shoot with shotgun, throw grenades, and repeat until the bell rings. Occasionally I'll go outside, sometimes go downstairs, sometimes just run around.

Enemies never pop out of corners for me, I always know where they are (beat it like 10 times D: )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:20 pm
I beat it on normal, got most of the achievements, and will probably finish up most of what's remaining after my girlfriend finishes with it.

My main complaints are the story, and the clunky controls (had that same problem with RE4 too). Oh, and the lack of actual resident evil monsters aside from the lickers.  

nitnit
Captain

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 pm
Meh was here: Running around-- That always works. 8D
Well, after playing it 10 times I'm sure you'd know where the enemies are. xD

nitnit: RE has always had problems with controls. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 pm
Yeah, I know, still no excuse to not work on it though. So was I the only one who thought that the ending was complete bull?  

nitnit
Captain

Houkito

Sparkly Girl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 pm
The ending was beautiful. What nonsense are you speaking? mad

Kidding. I can't remember it very well, but it was corny.
Did they honestly believe they got rid of Albert? D8  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:42 pm
nitnit
Yeah, I know, still no excuse to not work on it though. So was I the only one who thought that the ending was complete bull?

Yea he's most likely not even dead anyway...  

Raijin36

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:41 pm
I really liked Wesker until this game. They revealed a lot about his past which reduced his mysteriousness a lot, and then killed him off in a pretty stupid final boss battle. In a volcano. With rocket launchers. Also it was pretty lame that it was sheva who helped chris kill him, not jill.

Oh, spoilers btw.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 pm
nitnit
I really liked Wesker until this game. They revealed a lot about his past which reduced his mysteriousness a lot, and then killed him off in a pretty stupid final boss battle. In a volcano. With rocket launchers. Also it was pretty lame that it was sheva who helped chris kill him, not jill.

Oh, spoilers btw.

The final fight was dumb (not as dumb as sheva mrgreen ) and I agree about the mystery, but it was cool that he came out from the shadows to kick some a** xd  

Raijin36

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 pm
I never liked Wesker. I think he lacks character design. He's too bland.

It's the same for Chris, except in this one he looks awesome. But I saw a vid, and Wesker looks the same.

and dw about the spoilers razz  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces