Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
The DSi Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Am I the only one who has one?
For anyone that does, how would you rate the web browser? I like the interface, but so many pages just arent coded to be viewed on a small screen.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:26 am
I had one on it's release date. To be honest, the web browser isn't bad, but in a nutshell, it's not powerful enough to view websites like deviantART completely as much as the Nintendo DS Lite Browser could.

So if I were to rate it in a 10/10 scale, then I would give it a 7.3/10.

Besides, in my case, the only good use I could think of for this browser is finding game cheats & codes and looking at Wikia & Wikipedia.  

Volkenheim

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:31 pm
I have one as well,mainly because I still had the original DS.From the switch it seems like a huge improvement(considering I didnt use the gba slot too much). But for someone who had ds lite,I see no real purpose in getting it unless you need the download able content (which is so-so right now a lot of rips from games)

The browser is a nice bonus especially if you don't have an i phone/pod touch.

I am still regretting not getting a psp though =/. Mainly for it's music/video/everything else...

But yeah if you ask me It's a niice improvement but still a bit less than what I expected in a hand held of this age.It still has potential though(ie. if they have classic games as download content;;but i think they weren't going to go there for some reason from some source[feel free to help me on that rumor])

7/10 if you have ds lite
8.5/10 if you have original ds
5.0/10 if you have psp and any of the first two ds >__>

(My psp broke crying )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:59 am
Take what you can...

I see no need to get the DSi because I've heard that DSi only games -and I'm not talking about the downloadable DSiWare- are gonna be region locked, which totally blows in my opinion.

...Give nothing back

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100

-Cotton Swabs-

Profitable Consumer

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 pm
I Dont want a DSi.

I love the DS

I have an original.

I think it is overated, they are putting cameras on EVERYTHING.....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:50 pm
I think the new concepts introduced in the DSi are reputable, but I have too many GBA games to give up the slot for what it's worth.  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:53 pm
I use the DSi a lot more than my PSP, but I do indeed miss the GBA slot.
Now I have to battle my husband for dominance of the TV, so I can use the gamecube gameboy player. D;  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm
these are the specs for it...
System specifications (in comparison to the DS Lite)

Screen Size
DSi: 3.25 inch
DS Lite: 3.0 inch

Screen
Both TFT LCD with 260,000 colors

System Size
DSi: 137 x 74.9 x 18.9mm
DS Lite: 133 x 73.9 x 21.5mm

Touch pen
DSi: 92mm length
DS Lite: 87.5mm length

Power source
DSi: DSi AC adapter and special battery pack
DS Lite: DS Lite AC adapter and special battery pack

Weight
DSi: 214g (battery pack and touch pen included)
DS Lite: 218g (battery pack, touch pen, GBA connector cover included)

Charge time
DSi: 2 hours 30 minutes
DS Lite: 3 hours

Battery life

** listed by screen brightness, lowest to highest
DSi: 9-14 hours, 8-12, 6-9, 4-6, 3-4
DS Lite: 15-19 hours, 10-15, 7-11, 5-8

Compatible software
DSi: DS software, DSi software
DS Lite: Game Boy Advance software, DS software

Input method
DSi: DS card slot, SD memory card slot, AC adapter connector, stereo head phone/mic connector
DSLite: DS card slot, GBA card slot, AC adapter connector, stereo head phone/mic connector

why does the DSi have lower battery life o.O
and I like playing my gamboy advance games on my DS so yeah...
screen size is slightly bigger so again meh...
I have the Wii internet channel so I'll stick with that...
So I'll stick with my DS  

Luvmesumnoob

Niaxus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am
doesn't need fancey gadgets if they were made to play GAMES....so i will stick with my lite thank you very much ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 pm
-Cotton Swabs-
I Dont want a DSi.

I love the DS

I have an original.

I think it is overated, they are putting cameras on EVERYTHING.....

No to say you're completely wrong, but I thought the same thing until my sister got one about 3 monthes ago and I saw that I can draw on pictures. I had so much fun with it-- and purely to post those pictures, I created a facebook and they're all on there. Lol.
Here's one--

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6410_101777609835770_100000105956656_30576_6300208_n.jpg

Yes, it's a picture of me. D:  

XxScarecrowxX

Volkenheim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm
XxScarecrowxX
No to say you're completely wrong, but I thought the same thing until my sister got one about 3 monthes ago and I saw that I can draw on pictures. I had so much fun with it-- and purely to post those pictures, I created a facebook and they're all on there. Lol.
Here's one--

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6410_101777609835770_100000105956656_30576_6300208_n.jpg

Yes, it's a picture of me. D:
Cool picture! I always loved Flipnote Studio! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:27 am
Dsi is a fail in my book >>...its a ds lite with gadgets ... if i want a camera...ill buy a camera -.-....if i want to play kingdom hearts and not have to plug in my ps2 again ill play my lil ds lite...o how i loves u ds lite~.~  

Niaxus

The Argonauts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 pm
The only advantage the DSi has over the DS Lite is a slightly larger screen, which isn't enough to justify the $170 price tag if you have a DS Lite. Not even the increased amount of RAM is enough. The whole concept of DSi-exclusive games won't do well either. Most people won't "upgrade", which will cause DSi-only games to sell horribly. It'll be like the PSP all over again (no offense).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:12 pm
i've seen a couple of them and they look pretty cool, but i'm not entirely sure they're worth the money. i have a DS lite, and i love it just fine. i don't think i'd bother trading it in for the DSi.  

sushi phish

Irial Lily

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 pm
sushi phish
i've seen a couple of them and they look pretty cool, but i'm not entirely sure they're worth the money. i have a DS lite, and i love it just fine. i don't think i'd bother trading it in for the DSi.
I agree. A ds lite is perfectly fine and it has gba support.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff