Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ultimate DBZ Guild

Back to Guilds

Dragonball at its best 

Tags: Dragon, Ball, Ultimate, Empressdee, Guild 

Reply Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.
The DBZ Live Movie opinions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen this movie
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Joker muhahaha

Friendly Sex Symbol

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:19 pm
What does every one think about the new dragonball live action movie question  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:44 pm
I have not seen the movie yet, but from what I had heard from the ads, it seems like a pretty funny movie.

There are some interesting scenes in it, like when Roshi goes from young to ancient.

A funny scene was when Goku destroys someone's car, ha ha!

Though, there could have been improvement. What they should have done is make the movie similar to a Kingdom Hearts or a Final Fantasy game graphics kind of a deal.

That way, they could use the voice actors that everyone has grown to love and then perhaps do the storylines that way. Start from the very beginning from when Planet Vegetasai was born.

Now there would be a topic that die hard DBZ fans would want to know.  

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100

Zelorie

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:39 pm
I loved it. It was different but different is good. It made me think of old kung fu movies like Double Dragons. Shockingly so, it was like the movie was made in the 80's and dilivered here for us to enjoy again.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 pm
You need to add, never seen it yet. (I feel angry and am trying to refrain from name-calling here)  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

XxAzure_StarxX

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:22 pm
i was made to see this film
and i hate my friend for it
the movie change too many things and battles only lasted for about 1 minuite
infact the final abttle lasted only 30 secounds i timed it
and the special effects where the same as ones from the mortal kombat film over 10 years ago

my opnion no one elses  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm
I haven't seen it so I cannot have an opinion. By the way, Shino, I made your poll fair.

Make sure when you put a movie poll, make sure that they have seen it first.

(Ametuer...*Angry because of Promeggedon lag)  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

master tgmgm

650 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:44 pm
I think it's pretty good but they lacked characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 am
Katie states...

I've never seen it, but
judging on the commercials, I don't like how
Goku looks. And I don't like how Piccolo looks.
.__.

...and proceeds to cackle in your face.

pinko alien

Prophet

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Dragonball Evolution was a really good movie. It was actually quite funny. I think they made an improvement to Yamcha's character.

I can hardly wait until a sequel. I really think that if they put that as a sitcom kind of a thing based on the movie, maybe the proper audience will watch it.

I mean, the subject matter of this show is for an older youth audience. It deals with subject matter that is discussed in high school. It deals with royalty eventually.

But the sitcom part would be really good. Like how they did Stargate. The makeup job for Piccolo reminded me of Star Trek Voyager and the vulcans or The Next generation and that Klingon.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 am
i think it was really messed up and all in good ways, like yanacha not being able to fight without weapons he is able to fight like goku and even has a spirit ball attack so reducing him to guns was stupid. and having goku turn into the monkey was okay but i think he should have stayed in that form once he got control over it like real sayians.  

Colonel_J_Carden

gabeFND

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:30 pm
i havent seen it but i read the reviews and they said it was a classic  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:26 am
over all i think they kinda followed DB more then anyother but they still should have given yamacha powers liek goku just not as stronge.  

Colonel_J_Carden

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm
Well, now that I have seen the show, I say they made Yamcha cooler than before.

True they altered it, but there is opportune for a sequel now. And maybe a better altered version of DBZ.

I mean, what if Goku didn't make it in time and Gohan was captured?

Gohan would be eventually be pursuaded to join the saiyans and find out the truth. He later beats his own father in battle able to summon his secret power easier. And he convinces his father to bring the saiyans what they want for the good of all.

If one truly watched the first episode of Dragonball, when Goku met Bulma, then they were pretty accurate except they changed a few things. They added a sidekick for Piccolo, they made Goku older (18 instead of 12) and they made it more believable for how Goku meets Chichi.

They made Chichi less b*tchy and yet, she can still kick a**. For that was another improvement.

Bulma they made her much better. A real B*tch and seemingly a much better match for Prince Vegeta than in the animated version.

I kinda wonder if they made an episode like the DBE movie, but revealing how Bulma truly feels with Yamcha as opposed to Vegeta. I mean, like even if they animated it, it would give some peace of mind to Vegeta, that's for sure. I think Bulma is more suited for Yamcha anyway than to Vegeta still.

I say Vegeta should get a female saiyan for his wife, optionally, he should get Kakkorot aka Goku and reveal DBZ for what it truly is, a Boy-love science fiction show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 am
Haven't seen it yet but will do so soon. ^.^  

TheFistOfRock

Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games