Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Can I practice on you guys? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 pm
User Image So, I'm really interested in cartomancy. I've thought up spreads, and done them for myself, they're pretty accurate. At least I think so XD. Can someone be a volunteer for me to practice on? Just post your situation and a question if you have one. Spreads: The Cross- general overview of your current status. 2 Sides of the Story- the positive, negative, and overall outcome of a specific situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 pm
i would, but honestly i don't believe you can do a true reading over the net. maybe it is possible, but it loses the personal aspect if not done in person. you can't get a feel for the persons energy and all you'd really be doing is drawing random cards and telling the person what they say/mean.

not everyone believes the same thing, but if i'm doing a reading for someone else, i have them point to the face-down card that "speaks" to them and then i add it to the spread.

i think you'd do better to work with close friends or family, if possible.  

whiporwill-o

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 pm
Sure, I'll be your guinea pig wink

I don't really have an issue or question at the moment...so pick whichever layout and go for it wink .

whiporwill-o: It's possible to do readings via interwebs 3nodding . I've gotten a few wonderful readings from Sanguina Cruenta and I've done a few for other people myself.

I'm not sure it has to be "personal" I've heard that the best readings come if the reader is able to be objective about the situation and the asker.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I don't really have an issue or question at the moment...so pick whichever layout and go for it wink .

whiporwill-o: It's possible to do readings via interwebs 3nodding . I've gotten a few wonderful readings from Sanguina Cruenta and I've done a few for other people myself.

I'm not sure it has to be "personal" I've heard that the best readings come if the reader is able to be objective about the situation and the asker.

i understand what you're saying, but that isn't really what i meant by personal sweatdrop sorry for poor wording. what i meant was the need to be able to see/feel the person for whom you are reading, not necessarily having to have an opinion of their situation.  

whiporwill-o

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 pm
whiporwill-o
Violet Song jat Shariff

i understand what you're saying, but that isn't really what i meant by personal sweatdrop sorry for poor wording. what i meant was the need to be able to see/feel the person for whom you are reading, not necessarily having to have an opinion of their situation.

Ah, sorry about that.
Damnit. Mercury isn't even in retrograde yet and I'm misunderstanding people gonk .

Matters: It's up to you if you want to try to do a reading on me. Whatever you feel comfortable with.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
whiporwill-o
Violet Song jat Shariff

Ah, sorry about that.
Damnit. Mercury isn't even in retrograde yet and I'm misunderstanding people gonk .

aw *hugs* i have 'moments' like that all the time, lol heart 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 am
I think whether you can successfully do them online depends on how you personally read 3nodding

I'm happy to be a guinea pig too. PM me sometime if you like and I'll think of a question.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:02 pm
Okay Violet, this is for you, tell me if I got something wrong sweatdrop

~Love- 7 of spades reversed- Peace, happiness, ease, generally awesome.
~Daily Life- 3 of hearts- Cause for festivities or celebration.
~Friends- Queen of diamonds- A dangerous balance, problems hiding beneath the surface.
~Negativity- 8 of clubs- Old memories are coming up again, since this is a negative card, they will probably sad memories or times that you would give anything do have again.
~Positivity- 9 of clubs- Hope comes back, a new beginning, this means you are starting a new phase of life.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

raging-earth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 pm
I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go all I've held onto...

I normally don't go for the over the internet type readings, but that's because I use physical contact when I read for other people. Nonetheless, it would be interesting to see the results of a reading over the internet.

Let's see...Well, I finally talked my semi-boyfriend into going on a date with me, which is a pretty big step forward in our relationship, especially since he's afraid of relationships in general. So, I wouldn't mind knowing if I chose the right time to push us farther?

...I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:39 pm
Not Like It Matters
Okay Violet, this is for you, tell me if I got something wrong sweatdrop

~Love- 7 of spades reversed- Peace, happiness, ease, generally awesome.
~Daily Life- 3 of hearts- Cause for festivities or celebration.
~Friends- Queen of diamonds- A dangerous balance, problems hiding beneath the surface.
~Negativity- 8 of clubs- Old memories are coming up again, since this is a negative card, they will probably sad memories or times that you would give anything do have again.
~Positivity- 9 of clubs- Hope comes back, a new beginning, this means you are starting a new phase of life.

Sounds awesome.
Thanks so much!!!
heart  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 am
raging-earth:
~Past- 10 of spades- Not knowing where you stand, indecision, questions.
~Present- 5 of hearts reversed- Fun, happiness, feeling exited or glad.
~Future- 9 of hearts- Love in your life, good times.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:15 pm
Personally, and ive done both readings in live, and over the net, its possible to do either. i find its more accurate in person, but its still pretty accurate over the web.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:18 pm
Sure, you can read me.
I have an issue with my major.

Feel free to give it a go.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:55 pm
Not Like It Matters
raging-earth:
~Past- 10 of spades- Not knowing where you stand, indecision, questions.
~Present- 5 of hearts reversed- Fun, happiness, feeling exited or glad.
~Future- 9 of hearts- Love in your life, good times.
I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go all I've held onto...

Thank you! That's actually pretty close to what I got when I did a reading myself on the topic. ^^

...I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

raging-earth

AgentAbhorrence

Shameless Dabbler

4,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm
You can practice on me as well 3nodding

I can't think of a question at the moment though.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games