Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Famous/Infamous Memorable Endings **Spoilers** Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:00 pm
Video game endings are more blockbuster lust to them. I read a article of most dissapointing game endings for Fable 2, Gears of War 2, etc. So it made me wonder what endings still stick in everyones mind.

Id say Call of Duty 4's ending still sticks in my head today(its been a several months so i dont remember the names). Down but not out on the ground. A member of your squads pistol slides to you. Its your duty to finish the job. 2 guards and your target stand before you. I decide to pull of head shots. I aim and take the shot to the back of the guard on the lefts skull. Slide the reticle over to the side, zoom in, and in the ear of the last guard. Now the main target. Looking directly at me... he pulls out his pistol and has got aim on me. At a state of panic of losing the mission and having to start over, i fire 3 shots into his chest and i watch him fall backwards to the ground. And everyone comes blah blah blah, i dont get to do anything anymore. AMAZING ending.

Now what dissapointed me the most is Fallout 3. The game was epic through and through. I loved the sidequests and the final missoin was pretty epic following none other than Liberty Prime. You go through the memorial and look who it is. Its the b*****d that killed your father. I hit RB and hit up his head with V.A.T.S. Sm. Guns. 100, 53 dmg Chinese Assualt Rifle, all shots hit his head and with the Bloody Mess perk he randomly explodes. I take out the Enclave soldier in Telsa Power Armor with my Gattling gun, and that was the end of him. You get to the end... you have a choice. Die or force the !#$!@# that came with you into the death chamber. Me choosing evil karma i make her go in and she dies. Then a slideshow of your choices and a big THE END. Very very dissapointing. Hopefully Bethesda gets it right with the next Fallout.

Those are my endings, whats everyone elses 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:54 pm
I'm going to give the obligatory mention to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Easily one of the most heart-wrenching endings in all of gaming, the exposition of The Boss and dramatic level of detail, political backstabbing, greed, and dedication placed into the scene, to speak nothing of the actual death of The Boss herself, illustrates one of the most dramatic and legitimately sad endings in all of gaming history.

In fact, all of the Metal Gear Solid series, with the exception of the original, had very good endings. MGS2... was just a really, really, REALLY refined taste.

However, the best ending ever was Hotel Mario. I knew it, but when I heard horrible voice overs of my childhood icons say 'You're the best player ever!', I knew the absolute validity of my prowess.

As for the worst ending... Super Smash Bros. Brawl is up there, but then again, it never really had much of a story to begin with... or any entertainment value outside of Snake and Dedede... or any cool moments besides the part where DK breaks a Koopa Troopa's spine... or anything that an adventure mode should have... or any Nintendo value... remind me why this was considered a good game, again?

Anyway, obviously 'bad' endings aside (like the one where Adel becomes evil and eats children in Disgaea 2), I'll give the nod for a worst ending to none other than Ocarina of Time. Sure, Ganon's dead for the next twelve years or something, but not only does Zelda make all of Link's actions irrelevant by sending him back in time, but she fails to do so herself, destroying the moral that the story was trying to teach, making King Zora and Mido become destroyed characters, ruining the whole point of being a destined hero, deonstructing the sacrifice made by Link in the first place, creating a huge time paradox, forming an anticlimax where all of the unresolved sexual tension between Link and Zelda remains as such, and overall cheapening the effect of a game that everyone but me thinks is fantastic. It just makes everything that I already thought was pointless seem even more pointless, which is bad.  

Warped Mr I

Volkenheim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:34 pm
I thought that the ending to Super Mario Galaxy was epic than the other endings I saw in other Mario games. Also, it was quite......Armageddon-like. After you defeat Bowser, his whole "sun" collapses into itself and became a evil-looking, supermassive black hole that consumes the nearby galaxies in the game, Peach's Castle, Bowser Jr.'s ship, etc. and then the Lumas sacrifice themselves by flying directly into the hole to destroy it and then everything collapses into a singularity (which looks like a bright-white hyperspace) and Rosalina being the emo alien princess she is, appears as a giantess explaining to Mario--while both of them are floating in the singularity--about stars never die and being reborn as new stars and then Mario, Peach, and Bowser all suddenly awaken in the Mushroom Kingdom. Unlike other Mario endings, this one looked a bit tragic and epic with good orchestra music (the ending had a sad piano theme to it).

Now the worst ending would have to be the Gradius series. Every game in that series may have good gameplay and such other stuff, but the ending is always often the same thing: shoot at a giant, freakin' brain, the whole enemy base explodes and credits roll. That's it. Also, every game in the series always look the same to me, especially when it comes to fighting Bacterion/Gofer, no matter how uglier that b@stard gets in each game.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 pm
I remember this one game that was made to piss of players. The game had 3 levels. The first was a singing test using a microphone that was made for the NES. It was really specific and if you didn't know the songs you were pretty much ********. Second part was patience. You get a map after singing. You have to choose to put the map in the sun. You have to leave the game on for one hour. Then the last stage is a horizontal shooter level...simple right? WRONG! You can't go up. You can only go down to dodge enemies and the ground kills you.

And after ALL of that s**t you go through...you get treasure, and your character says, "Great."

Thats it. Nothing more. "Great."

OH WAIT! If you wait after the credits, you get a secret message!

Your character says, "Why do you take this game so seriously?"

HUGE KICK IN THE BALLS RIGHT THERE IF YOU DID!

That is the worst ending.  

Harrison Richardson

Faded Justice

4,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:51 pm
I'd possibly the best ending in my opinion is Kingdom Hearts I. The boss battle goes on forever and is very challenging if you aren't the right level and haven't come prepared with the correct items. When you FINALLY beat Ansem (I know he isn't Ansem, but still stare ) you get the dramatic scene of Riku's "death" (I know he doesn't die, but you wouldn't know that unless you see the bonus scene and/or haven't played KHII) and Sora and Kairi's separation it made me cry the first time I saw it (it was like 4 years ago when I was like 10 or 11).

As for worst endings, I'd have to go with Resident Evil 4. After a super easy boss battle, you get the "special" rocket launcher from Ada and kill Saddler, in which she backstabs you and steals the antidote and flys off in a helicopter throwing you a key to her Jet-ski. You get to it, get out, watch the island explode, and watch Ashley ask Leon is he wanted to do some..."overtime" *shudder* when they get back. Really...that proves she's a slut.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 pm
Don't worry, I also cried at the end of KH LOL

My memorable ending:

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

Aperture Science:
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us
except the ones who are dead.

But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake
and the science gets done
and you make a neat gun
for the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry
I'm being so sincere right now
even though you broke my heart and killed me
and tore me to pieces
and threw every piece into a fire
as they burned it hurt because
I was so happy for you

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time
so I'm GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
for the people who are still alive

Go ahead and leave me
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa...
THAT WAS A JOKE. HA HA. FAT CHANCE.
Anyway, this cake is great,
it's so delicios and moist

Look at me still talking when there's science to do
When I look out there it makes me GLaD I'm not you
I've experiments to run there is research to be done
on the people who are still alive

And believe me I am still alive
I'm doing science and I'm still alive
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive
While you're dying I'll be still alive
And when you're dead I will be still alive

Still alive
Still alive  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:38 am
The_Hbot
Don't worry, I also cried at the end of KH LOL

My memorable ending:

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

Aperture Science:
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us
except the ones who are dead.

But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake
and the science gets done
and you make a neat gun
for the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry
I'm being so sincere right now
even though you broke my heart and killed me
and tore me to pieces
and threw every piece into a fire
as they burned it hurt because
I was so happy for you

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time
so I'm GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned
for the people who are still alive

Go ahead and leave me
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa...
THAT WAS A JOKE. HA HA. FAT CHANCE.
Anyway, this cake is great,
it's so delicios and moist

Look at me still talking when there's science to do
When I look out there it makes me GLaD I'm not you
I've experiments to run there is research to be done
on the people who are still alive

And believe me I am still alive
I'm doing science and I'm still alive
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive
While you're dying I'll be still alive
And when you're dead I will be still alive

Still alive
Still alive

That was gonna be my next post xD, taking GLaDoS apart and the lovely ending  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm
Mario 2 because of the many FFFFFFUUUUU's caused by it.  

Raike99

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Raike99
Mario 2 because of the many FFFFFFUUUUU's caused by it.

Japanese or English version?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:54 pm
Still Alive is now stuck in everyone's head.

guaranteed.  

Jonnnn

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 pm
very very catchy song  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:27 pm
No game ending has ticked me off like the Fallout 3 ending. Just the way it ends, regardless of what you do, really ticks me off!  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafoKSTLwhc  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:25 pm
yall dont know about horrible endings till you play Fable2!
you dont even get to fight the last boss
I WANTED TO KILL THAT b*****d MYSELF!
HE KILLED MY SISTER AND MY DOG!!!!!!!!
but Reaver just shoots him and he falls!  

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:28 am
I'm a HUGE fan of the Silent Hill series (including SH4: The Room), and all of the games have multiple endings, most of which are in my fave endings database. The UFO endings make me LOL, and the "dog" ending in SH2 makes me WTF but guiding James Sunderland through total hell to find his dead wife (I'll explain later) only to find out that HE KILLED HER, is definately very high on my list. Depending on the ending that you'll get, his reasons for ending her life range from spite (he's just tired of taking care of her terminally-ill a**) to empathy (he doesn't want her to suffer any longer), but that twist is part of what makes this game and this ending stand out for me.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff