Submit

FALKEN DRIFT EXTREME
Captain

5,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:27 pm
Ive been working on learning japanese myself for a little while and i realized the japanese language is very complicated and it would be easire with some help. so please will anyone teach me?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:01 pm
Hm, I though I'd replied to this already. Anyway, try JapaneseClass.JP. It's fun and really good, though you mostly learn vocabulary and not grammar.  

contrapunctus maximus

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:27 pm
There are lots of tools out there to help aid you with learning Japanese. ^_^ Now Japanese i s my major so I was (am) taking classes at my college... and they work alright but to aid me in learning I use these sites ^_^

all japanese all the time - I found this site while I was in Japan and I wish I would have found it sooner. It's a different way of learning but it seems to have helped a lot of people who really and truly want to learn. If anything, read through it whenever you are feeling down about what you are learning.... it's super motivational. It's helping me finally get my kanji down and yeah ^^;

reviewing the kanji forum - this site is kinda pared with the first but not really. AJATT uses an SRS system (like digital flash cards but cooler and very easy to use) and it also focuses on learning kanji first... not last, not with grammar (actually AJATT discourages learning purely on grammar... but you'll have to read his post on that to understand why) but learning to recognize the basic 2000 some odd kanji you need to know to read. This forum helps with that. All the people on this forum, while all at different levels, are all learning Japanese using Heisig method (read about it on AJATT) so they can help you ^_^. But on top of that there are also a bunch of other links and sites and games to help further your learning.

MLC Meguro Language Center - Now I haven't finished going through this site all the way but I bookmarked it because I loved what I did have time to see ^_^. This is a site that has TONS of material for those who either are preparing to take the JLPT or just know they want to take it in the future ^^; Lots of great worksheets to help you and everything.

As far as maybe some actual books you can get:
Genki (both one and two) - These are the books that I used in college and when I was in Japan they were the books that the Japanese Language courses used. They are great books to learn from and both 1 and 2 have workbooks (sold separately) that you can use ^^.

A guide to remembering Japanese Characters - Great book IMO. It gives you a break down of the actual characters which I find makes it easier for me to remember the meaning of them ^_^ I find that it is a big help now that I'm using the Heisig method... and speaking of Heisig...

Remembering the Kanji - by James W. Heisig - this is the book that the "Heisig" method is based off of ^^. You'll read all about it if you look at AJATT... however I dunno if buying it is necessary. On the forum site that I linked to earlier there is a Word file with all the necessary things you need to do the Heisig method... but I thought I'd show you just in case.

Other books that are nice references/make the learning fun:
The Japanese in Mangaland series (1,2,and3)
a Kanji dictionary
an english to japanese/japanese to english dictionary (I have ones that have furigana in them... I think AJATT links to it)

Now I know you were asking to have someone teach you Japanese... but it's really something that's hard to do over the internet as far as speaking goes. If anything, worry about learning Hiragana and Katakana first so that you can start typing in Japanese. From there, you can ask people questions, play pokemon (the japanese version is allllll in hiragana XD), and some other things. I'd be more than happy to chat with you in hiragana or katakana (or even romanji ^^) if you want. And never be afraid to ask if there is something you are having trouble with. Sorry I don't have time to set up lessons or anything crying

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14 am
alright thank you  

FALKEN DRIFT EXTREME
Captain

5,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Princess Lindzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:05 am
Basic Words and Phrases

Yes: Hai
No: Iie
Thank you: Arigato
Thank you very much: Arigato gozaimasu
You're welcome: Douitashimashite
Please: Douzo
Excuse me: sumimasen, shitsurei shimasu
Hello: Kon-nichiwa
Goodbye: Sayounara
So long: jaamataashita
Good morning: O hayou gozaimasu
Good afternoon: Kon-nichiwa
Good evening: Konbanwa
Good night: Oyasuminasai
How are you doing?:Ogenki dseu ka?
Take care: Ki o tsukete.
Can you help me?: Tetsudatte kuremasuka
Come with me!: Watashi to issho ni kite kudasai.
See you later!: Mata atode aimashou!
I'm fine, thanks!: Watashi wa genki desu. Arigato!
Are you sleepy?: Nemui desu ka?
Are you ready?: Youi wa ii desu ka?
I am Akio Suzuki: Watashi wa Suzuki Akio desu.
Ganbatte kudasai: Good Luck

Numbers
0: rei
1: iti
2: ni
3: san
4 :si/yon
5: go
6: roku
7 :shichi
8 :hati[hachi]
9: ku/kyuu
10:joo

SONGS:

Romajii Japanese song
Nanairo no kaze ni fukarete tooi misaki wo mezashiteta
Yoake mae kikoeta MERODI
Sore wa totemo natsukashii uta

Higashi no sora e to habataku toritachi
Saa, takarajima ni nukeru chikamichi

Nanatsu no umi no rakuen
Arashi no yoru no ato ni wa ai wo tsutaerutame inochi ga mata umareru
Nanatsu no kuni no MERODIA
Daremo ga itsuka wa koko wo tabidatsu hi ga kitemo
Watashi wa wasurenai

Yukkuri to kumo wa nagarete nijino hate ni kieteitta
Hoshitachi wa shinju no you ni
Tsuyoi hikari hanachi hajimeru

Minami no sora kara kikoeru kuchibue
Sou, otona ni naru toki ga kiteita

Kiseki wa meguru bouken
Yasashii haha no negai wo mune ni idaki nagara daremo ga tabi wo shiteru
Hoshi furu yoru no FANTAJIA
Afureru namida to inori dare ni mo wakaranai
Mirai wo terashiteru

Nanatsu no umi no rakuen
Arashi no yoru no ato ni wa ai wo tsutaerutame inochi ga mata umareru
Nanatsu no kuni no MERODIA
Daremo ga itsuka wa koko wo tabidatsu hi ga kitemo
Watashi wa wasurenai

Kiseki wa meguru bouken
Yasashii haha no negai wo mune ni idaki nagara daremo ga tabi wo shiteru
Hoshi furu yoru no FANTAJIA
Afureru namida to inori dare ni mo wakaranai
Mirai wo terashiteru

Egao No Tensai Japanese
umare tsuki nanda akarui no
tashou no koto jya HEKO ma naishi

[kimi to iru koto sa nagomu nda yo] anata no kuchiguse
egao no tensai sore WATASHI no koto? sukoshi dake unuboretemasu

saa SHIAWASE ni narou KOKORO o hiroge you
ABU nakkashii hodo HARAHARA saseru kedo
YUME wa kanae mashou kagayaite imashou
waraeba nan to kanacchautte shinjiteru
toku na seikaku [egao no tensai]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm
anime_scholar
Hm, I though I'd replied to this already. Anyway, try JapaneseClass.JP. It's fun and really good, though you mostly learn vocabulary and not grammar.

is that free cuz a wanna learn Japanese but i need 2 learn 4 free n its my dream to learn Japanese while im still young so ya need all the help i can get  

sid the sloth oh ya

phycoichigo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm
iv just started to learn japanese and with my lil englas to japanese and vice verca dictionary i thought to my self if i learn this way i wouldnt know how to truly speak it so iu was woundering if some one could help me with learning it  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:53 pm
phycoichigo
iv just started to learn japanese and with my lil englas to japanese and vice verca dictionary i thought to my self if i learn this way i wouldnt know how to truly speak it so iu was woundering if some one could help me with learning it

if you have any questions put it in another forumn and our helpers/teaches will help you ^_^ but you'll probably need a specific question cause theres alot to japanese ^_^"  

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:16 am
here is a link i just found recently it gives good facts and has the kana charts: tokyo for kids

there is also another place where you learn from lessons and can practice kana and kanji: japanese class  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:37 pm
I am enrolled in a first level Japanese class this school year so if anyone wants to practice, feel free to PM me!

(Anyone here in the Georgia Virtual Japanese program?)  

cajega

Liberal Giver

12,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Megathread 100

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 pm
cajega
I am enrolled in a first level Japanese class this school year so if anyone wants to practice, feel free to PM me!

(Anyone here in the Georgia Virtual Japanese program?)

don't forget that we have a Japanese Chat forum that you can chat in. Feel free to use the existing topic or make a new one of your own!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 pm
nani means whatUser Image  

Angel Shinigami_sama

evil_kat_of_darkness_17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 pm
i know some, maybe alot =) but i have the same problem whee  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:06 pm
Dragon of Gods Light
nani means whatUser Image

HIi,well i think its mean "how"=nani?? o.o ^^  

AkiharuSohma

Marie aka Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:49 pm
I know some, but not quite to help anyone, unless we did it together, like my friend and I are trying to learn together, plus I am taking a class, so that helps. But my friend is like my speaking partner while we aren't in class, lol...  
Japanese language

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff