Submit

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:11 pm
How did you guys go about doing these two quests?

these are the only ones I'm having a hard time deciding how I'm going to do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:03 pm
It kinda depends on what kind of character you have (good, bad, or neutral). It would take me awhile to type out the strategies and different endings, but you can check both out by going to the Fallout Wiki (The Vault) and typing the mission names into the search box.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm
i've read what the vault had to say. but i'm still not sure how i want to approach these quests. ((I'm a horrible decision maker))

Based on what you guys did and what you like. i might decide what to do..

And since i started over on RapturesCupcake... Eva's just kinda a whatever I want to do character. but mostly she stays neutral.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
Depends.

If you're good, you can get the keys off of all of them by talking (to them or their friends), if you're evil just do what the quest says and shoot 'em in the head. Neutral, balance it out. Although I would recommend shooting Dave, as his key is really annoying to get non-violently, and you can get Ol' Painless from him (or around him).

As for the armor at the end, Crowley can't die until he gets it. (Edit:According to the vault, he can. Maybe a glitch in the batch my copy of the game came with? Because I clearly knocked him unconscious three times once.) Then he has a clear path back once he has it most of the time, so just wait until he gets back to Underworld and kill him quietly at night. This is really the only case where the Mr. Sandman perk is useful, because you damage the armor any other way and can't repair it (as far as I know.)

What I did was... Well... They all died, but I didn't personally kill any except Dave (Left only the children alive there...).

I punched Dukov then ran outside, put on a stealth boy, and opened the deathclaw cage.

I Mezzed Ted, sending him on a violent rampage. Or, would have been a violent rampage if he didn't get gunned down by rivet Security immediately.

I didn't even get the fourth key. Guess Crowley got that one himself or something. I mean, it's in the Fort, so I just let him go for it.

As for what to do with the armor: Give it to a team mate so it wont break but is still at least semi-useful to you.

Unless you don't want the armor at all, in which case just do whatever the freg you want. I still think Shooting Dave is the best, though.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

johnny blackk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:55 pm
The first time I did you've gotta shoot em in the head,I conned everyone in to giving me their keys and I shot Tennpenny,on my second time doing it I killed everyone in Republic of Dave,everyone in Tennpenny tower,Dukov and his girls,and then conned the last guy cause he was in a area with to many witnesses to kill.

As for strictly buisness the first time I did not do it I killed everyone in Paridice falls.The second time I did it the only hard part is catching the guy from Rivit city cause he is difficult to get ahold of,then after that i killed everyone in paridice falls and set the slaves free XDD after I got paid.

So if your good do the shoot em in the head quest without killing and skip strictly business,if your evil do both.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 pm
Well I guess I'm going to shoot dave.

but i really don't want too. He's named after one of my good friends crying
I dun wanna shoot my friends.  

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 pm
Data Miner

If you got good sneak you could pickpocket him.

But it's so much more satisfying to shoot him. He's not a very nice person.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 am
robthedude
Data Miner

If you got good sneak you could pickpocket him.

But it's so much more satisfying to shoot him. He's not a very nice person.

That's true. I almost wanna kill his wife Jessica too. She acts just like my sister...  

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100

hirationugget

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:18 am
I don't like doing strictly business, because when you enslave Flak, than his shop in rivet city is always empty because shrapnel is never there for some reason, which sucks because hes usual;y one of the best places to get ammo.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:28 pm
I've tried to enslave Flak several times and can't seem to do it without all of Rivet City trying to kill me afterwards.  

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100

hirationugget

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm
Data Miner
I've tried to enslave Flak several times and can't seem to do it without all of Rivet City trying to kill me afterwards.
Try going to his room at night while hes standing out in the hall and do it, even if everyone in rivet city attacks you, you can just run away from rivet city and wait awhile and go back and nobody will be trying to kill you.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:13 pm
tyler9834
Data Miner
Try going to his room at night while hes standing out in the hall and do it, even if everyone in rivet city attacks you, you can just run away from rivet city and wait awhile and go back and nobody will be trying to kill you.

I didn't think of that. I've already picked the lock on his door so shouldn't it be easy for me just to get in his room and do it too?.  

Data Miner

Quotable Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100

hirationugget

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:33 am
Data Miner
tyler9834
Data Miner

I didn't think of that. I've already picked the lock on his door so shouldn't it be easy for me just to get in his room and do it too?.
Yeah but than you might get attacked by shrapnel, and he usually has a fatman.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 am
Shrapnel goes for a walk when you enslave Flak, but he came back for me. Although I did see him get stuck in the Enclave barrier around Project Purity.

(Side note: When I saw him stuck there, I rushed back to start the final quest, then looked around for Shrapnel when we got there. He was trying to help us fight the enclave, but ended up knocking out Sarah Lyons with his Fat Man [that girl is tough], then she got up and gunned him down.)

(Other side note: I then reloaded the game, ignored him, and found him back at Rivet city after a while.)  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

captin albert wesker

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 am
i killed crowly i got good karma for it to XP im happy enough and strictly buisness im still hunting that one down  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff