Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Past lives coming back by themselves? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:08 pm
I've had several times like this when I was really young, but the most recent time was yesterday, so I remember that one best:
I was biking home from the mall after applying for a job with abut a mile left to go home. I was kind of zoning out, and then a little movie thing fills my vision- a young-ish maybe late teens blonde girl, laughing, with the background of trees. It totally filled my vision, luckily while I was finished crossing a bust street XD I recognize her from my last past life, but I wasn't doing a meditation or anything, it just came on its own. I know I ask too many questions and I'm probably making you crazy, but this is the first time I can ask the questions I've had forever.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm
hm.
ive read about people going places they have never been to and knowing excactly where everything in that place is.
i dont see how it isnt possible for your past lives memories to randomly pop up.  

Bad Quality Serena

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 pm
It's kinda scary though. What if it happens when I need to concentrate?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:23 pm
just try to will it away.  

Bad Quality Serena

raging-earth

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:51 pm
I'm coming apart at the seams...

That's how all of my first past-life memories come to me. Either as a sudden realization or flashback. It's only then that I'll meditate to investigate them. I have too large an imagination to trust any past-life regression otherwise.

...pitching myself for leads in other people's dreams.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:27 am
There are lots of things that can trigger past life memories, and it's not unusual to remember things spontaneously.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm
True the best thing you can do is be aware of anything thats happening in case a past life does come back to you and, when it does try not to focus on it right then meditate on it later when you can. I know i make it sound easy and yes i know its not but if you cant controll the memory then any wisedom you may gain from it may become useless or, may not make any sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:42 pm
visions of past lives happen to me all the time.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:19 pm
Realize that sometimes, Past lives come to you because there was something there thatr you learned that you need to remember.

You may want to try and meditate on the subject or go through a guided meditation to unlock the memory fragment. Maybe even the rest will come with it and a lot easier.

Then again.. this is just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 pm
Tenrai Kado
visions of past lives happen to me all the time.
Cool. Is there any pattern that you noticed?  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Namikikyo
Realize that sometimes, Past lives come to you because there was something there thatr you learned that you need to remember.

You may want to try and meditate on the subject or go through a guided meditation to unlock the memory fragment. Maybe even the rest will come with it and a lot easier.

Then again.. this is just a thought.

I'll try that, thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 pm
raging-earth
That's how all of my first past-life memories come to me. Either as a sudden realization or flashback. It's only then that I'll meditate to investigate them. I have too large an imagination to trust any past-life regression otherwise.

I think it's safe to say you probably can't trust memories recalled under hypnosis under any circumstances. Often as not the memories are completely fabricated.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 pm
As I am certified in Hypnosis and in Past Life Regression Therapy I have to take exception to that. While it's true that there is really no way to "prove" that they are past life memories, there are plenty of case studies where people have recalled things that they had no way of knowing about (and these things were later verified as having happened).

Hypnosis is a perfectly safe, valid and effective method of treating a variety of issues. Yes there are crap therapists out there who are only looking to make a buck, but not everyone is like that. I know a lot of people who have been helped tremendously though hypnosis.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:50 am
Can you cite some good cases? In some cases I read about involving hypnotic "regression," it turned out that the things people remembered that they supposedly could not have made up or known themselves may have in fact come from the suggestions of the hypnotist or from television documentaries or books. Some people give marvelously-detailed accounts of their supposed past lives with all sorts of accurate information, yet are dead wrong on a few crucial details.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 am
A good regression therapist wouldn't do that. I know that when I was in private practice, I was very carefully not to have any art on the walls that could possibly influence anyone, and any questions that I asked were only leading in the way of "what do you see, hear, feel?" - never anything direct. We used regression work as a tool for finding insight into ourselves, so leading someone would be counter-productive.

I personally believe that past-live memories are real. I've had experiences as I've explored my own, that I know were not influenced by any outside source. People I've worked with, have described things that I'm fairly sure they would have never described if they hadn't experienced it. I once worked with an older guy who was previously a cop for many years, and in his first regression he was a woman who died just after childbirth. This was not a guy who had any sort of latent (I wish I was a woman) fantasies, and he was absolutely in awe of the experience.

As far as books I would recommend looking into research done by Carol Bowman. She has studied and documented many cases where children have remembered past lives (with and without the use of hypnosis), she has also documented cases where people have been reborn into the same family.

My oldest son used to talk to me about when he used to live with his "granny" and how she died in the fire, but he got out. He used to have extensive conversations about it, that were absolutely chilling. He was only about 3 - 4 years old at the time. These were just spontaneous conversations he would start as we were driving down the road or hanging out around the house, they were not related to being hypnotized in anyway.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff