Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Game Ideas Anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:18 pm
Listen, I'm thinking about trying to make a game. The people who are interested in helping have some ideas for the game. I don't like these ideas very much, soooo. Do you guys have any SERIOUS ideas for a game? I'd appreciate it if you went into detail.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 am
I happen to have an idea for a game. An rpg actually. I was thinking of calling it Glitch. It's basically about a guy who's girlfriend's dad creates this amazing virtual reality game called Glitch(Can't think of anything else at the moment). It would use a turn-based battle system very similar to Legend Of Legaia. The people who I would want to work with on it would be Miyamoto Shigeru, Suda Goichi, Aonuma Eiji, Kondo Koji, Uematsu Nobuo and Naruke Machiko. That's right, three game directors and three music composers. The currency used in the game would be called Pixels. Later on, it would become Polygons which would be worth 100 pixels. The enemies would not be called "enemies", but glitches. After you take down all the glitches in a battle, there would be a sign reading:"You fixed the glitch!" Too bad it's probably never going to happen though. All those great people under one roof creating just one game? I gotta be kidding myself. Oh well. I can always dream eh?  

wariodude128

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:44 am
Some sort of side scroller cross-over of left 4 dead with Mario!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:00 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Some sort of side scroller cross-over of left 4 dead with Mario!!!

@Tnuki: Give you my game ideas. Steal ideas the real way! D<  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wariodude128

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:50 am
I forgot one important detail. The game would be developed by Treasure. Because of Warioworld and because they haven't done an rpg before. It would be fun to see how that would work out.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:35 am
How about a game called Jim's Big Adventure? It's a Flash sidescroller and you pla- Oh hang on, I'm already making that with Omega. sweatdrop  

Super Cheesio

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:13 pm
I would give ideas but.. my head hurts too much to think right now. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 pm
Ideas on plot are things you should come up with yourself, even if you find inspiration here, it won't be as good if you think of it yourself.

but I do have ideas for the format you could use.

at this point in time, the graphic engine is a very powerful tool.

What if you made a game with a think plot that can really get the player involved. The key to this would be a multi directional story line, with high quality cutscenes between battles/events/whatever so the player could really feel like they have a purpose. Another great way to do this is to have every boss battle/level be extremely challenging, but not to make it difficult to progress in the story, because even if you lost, you would keep playing. no game overs, instead, failure creates a less desirable world for your protagonist.

There would be tons of replay value, with a difficulty curve that is flexible based on the players skill. If the player does well, the bosses/levels get harder, if the player does poorly, the bosses are easier(the reason being would be explained in the cutscene) for instance. protagonist loses to giant enemy crab. Perhaps the crab ends up knocking over a building because it survived long enough to do so. perhaps in that building was a vampire guy. if the build falls on him and he breaks his arm or something, that would make the fight easier, but also keep the story interesting.

now if only I could write that much for a trigonometry explanation.  

Rhed King

GrandDragonic

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm
I would suggest a game called "Shadow Millennium", which involves you becoming an assassin to kill an army called the "Millennium Shadows".

Basically,at the very start of the game, you are finally graduating from Assassin Academy. You are given a tutorial, and your Master will test you one last time. After that, it's off to your first mission.

"Defeat one "Millennium Shadow".", the mission scroll says.

When you enter battle with a "Millennium Shadow", you will end up in a 3D area, where you will run around,and attack the enemy. Once you kill the enemy, you will earn a currency called "V-Shadows".

I'm thinking of this as just a beginning to the explanation.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:11 am
And rpg, with fighting game overtones, what I mean by this is anyone play Valkyrie Profile?*crickets* Anyways in that game characters were mapped to a button, and later in the game pressing it multiple times would give you multiple moves, allowing you to juggle enemies, team attack, and eventually hit them with a special, also thing about Star Ocean with its cancel combos( going from one skill to another to increase the next's power)
It could be in either real time or turn based, but either way a character would have two attacks buttons, one for parries(should you be counters) and a jump for jump combos.
Now, hits your character's turn, and you press a to start your attack run(Classic controller for those who are wondering) When the character reaches the enemy he attacks, just like a regular attack, but then a timer at the bottom starts(Three seconds to start, later growable) Now, in this time you can keep hitting A with different directions, mix B in there, knock them in the air with and jump to continue the combo, but not only that, every hit adds split seconds to the timer, meaning more hits = more time to attacks.
In real time it would simply be the A/B/Directional pad for different moves, not counting the battle skills which would be mapped to the Z buttons by the player, allowing for an actual fight instead of the character using the same A combo/attack animation every time. Of course the enemies and bosses would be able to take advantage as much as you, and would have to have some pretty good AI, but the sheer concept of the game.
Then all you need is a good storyline and some after ending content.
(If you do make this, at least send me a free copy)  

RyomaKun1992

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am
Parallel universe. It's been done to death, but that's because it works.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 pm
A fighting game that brings in possibly ANYBODY you can think of?

Maybe a realistic version of M.U.G.E.N?
Every character created into MUGEN, available on the Wii, PS4, and Xbox 720!!
That's right I'm talking to you Killer Whale, you can eat Master Hand as much as you want!!  

Rargon

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 pm
Rargon
A fighting game that brings in possibly ANYBODY you can think of?

Maybe a realistic version of M.U.G.E.N?
Every character created into MUGEN, available on the Wii, PS4, and Xbox 720!!
That's right I'm talking to you Killer Whale, you can eat Master Hand as much as you want!!

Mr. T vs Chuck Norris. biggrin

The winner gets to fight DX.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:57 pm
I have an idea of a game called "Clockwork"

It starts out with the son of Father Time. T.J.' or Time Jr., learns to use his "Time Rod" and learns of the secret of his purpose. Instead of tracking the lives of people, the Time family has stopped a band of renegades, called "The Click Clan" that have surpassed the laws of time(never age, can choose how old they are, can go fast or slow, in ANYTHING). With the Time Rod in their hands, they would unleash all hell into Earth (dinosaurs, robots, anything)

Disguised as the simple guy with baggy pants and a hoodie, T.J. has to stop the Click Clan (I know its a pretty gay name, but I'm stumped with this) and do it before they get your dad's Time Sword and Armor. (With both, the double C can stop the entire flow of time and alter every part of the human timeline.)

The Time Rod is disguised as a necklace, but can change into a bane. You can slow or speed up time, and you can use the rod as a weapon, and attack people*, making them speed up in life and turn into dust. The spirits are collected.

The game is actually sandbox and you can go anywhere in the U.S. or the whole world!

Each time you kill an enemy, you gain "Spirit Tokens" You can use spirit tokens to learn a new skill from your dad. The main thing you have to watch is your health, which increases with every 5th move you learn.

At a certain point, you can use your "Heir to Time" power. This lets you unleash your godly side of the powers (since you're the son of Father Time) You can either reverse time (this shows the environment go back to a cerstain potn in time) or speed up time (making the buildings and plants wither or rust)

Well, that's it.

(*note: the timeline is somewhat altered in the begining of the game and you start in a collapsing version of the U.S. that is also populated with insane people and almost everything industrial is covered in plantlife.)  

MaverickDrifter

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:04 pm
digi734
I have an idea of a game called "Clockwork"

It starts out with the son of Father Time. T.J.' or Time Jr., learns to use his "Time Rod" and learns of the secret of his purpose. Instead of tracking the lives of people, the Time family has stopped a band of renegades, called "The Click Clan" that have surpassed the laws of time(never age, can choose how old they are, can go fast or slow, in ANYTHING). With the Time Rod in their hands, they would unleash all hell into Earth (dinosaurs, robots, anything)

Disguised as the simple guy with baggy pants and a hoodie, T.J. has to stop the Click Clan (I know its a pretty gay name, but I'm stumped with this) and do it before they get your dad's Time Sword and Armor. (With both, the double C can stop the entire flow of time and alter every part of the human timeline.)

The Time Rod is disguised as a necklace, but can change into a bane. You can slow or speed up time, and you can use the rod as a weapon, and attack people*, making them speed up in life and turn into dust. The spirits are collected.

The game is actually sandbox and you can go anywhere in the U.S. or the whole world!

Each time you kill an enemy, you gain "Spirit Tokens" You can use spirit tokens to learn a new skill from your dad. The main thing you have to watch is your health, which increases with every 5th move you learn.

At a certain point, you can use your "Heir to Time" power. This lets you unleash your godly side of the powers (since you're the son of Father Time) You can either reverse time (this shows the environment go back to a cerstain potn in time) or speed up time (making the buildings and plants wither or rust)

Well, that's it.

(*note: the timeline is somewhat altered in the begining of the game and you start in a collapsing version of the U.S. that is also populated with insane people and almost everything industrial is covered in plantlife.)

Well, you could always call them the Tick Clan. They have figured out ways to defy the ticking of time's clock.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff