Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Obama - First 100 Days Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:31 am
Do you care? Do national politics mean anything to you?

Article comparing Obama's First 100 days with Roosevelt's.
http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/8463/  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:02 pm
A few years ago, many people said "A black man will be president when pigs fly."

100 days later, Swine Flu.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 pm
DioxazinePlum
Do you care? Do national politics mean anything to you?

Article comparing Obama's First 100 days with Roosevelt's.
http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/8463/

If you ask me, 100 days isn't really long enough to get any sort of accurate depiction of what they'll do.

If they're looking for scandalous behavior, or something like that, then I can agree with it. But some people seem to be discrediting him as a President, because "we're still in this recesion!, when is he going to get off his a** and do something!"

People need to understand that these things take TIME.

As far as whether I support, or oppose Obama, I don't care. He hasn't done anything that makes me say "WOW! I'M GLAD WE PUT HIM IN!" and he hasn't done anything to make me say "DEATH TO THAT WORTHLESS b*****d!!" either.

Bush left no room to question my opinion on him, but Obama seems to be keeping his head clear, pretty well.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm
If you ask me, the first 100 of anything sets the pace for the rest of the time period.  

DioxazinePlum

DioxazinePlum

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:41 pm
Dion Necurat
A few years ago, many people said "A black man will be president when pigs fly."

Haha you know swine flu is not that dangerous. Regular flu kills people all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:36 pm
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

Haha you know swine flu is not that dangerous. Regular flu kills people all the time.

I'm still reading up on symptoms, and I do not have a solid source for this yet, but apparently the virus can kill you, reanimate you for a while with violent tendencies, then kill you again.

...Grab your shotguns and chainsaws. Here comes the Zombie-pocalypse.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Archaic Thought
Captain

Aged Phantom

7,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm
I really don't care. In the case of the 2008 Presidential election, it was a race between the Devil and the Deep blue Sea.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 am
Dion Necurat
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

I'm still reading up on symptoms, and I do not have a solid source for this yet, but apparently the virus can kill you, reanimate you for a while with violent tendencies, then kill you again.

o_O The swine flu is supposed to do that?

Actually, I was in a book store last night, and they had the "Zombie Survival Guide" and they blamed zombie existence on a virus known as Solanum. The viruses description of effect, was basically identical to the "T-Virus" from Resident Evil. And seeing as how ResE has been around since the 90s, and this book came out in 2003, I wonder if Capcom ever sued...  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 am
Dion Necurat
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

********, right when I'm low on ammo, too...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:33 am
Fresnel
Dion Necurat
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

Uh...stock up?

Oh, and I'm taking up arms in YOUR platoon. With you, me, and Dion, we may just stand a chance...  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:56 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Dion Necurat
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

Uh...stock up?

Oh, and I'm taking up arms in YOUR platoon. With you, me, and Dion, we may just stand a chance...
I need money to stock up crying

I've got a whole damn box of ammo that I can't shoot, either. My gun puts too much spin on a bullet this light, it'll explode from the centrifugal force the moment it leaves the barrel. I don't suppose you want to buy a box of .223?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:06 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Dion Necurat
DioxazinePlum
Dion Necurat

Uh...stock up?

I've got a whole damn box of ammo that I can't shoot, either. My gun puts too much spin on a bullet this light, it'll explode from the centrifugal force the moment it leaves the barrel. I don't suppose you want to buy a box of .223?

I don't have a .223. .243, you'd have yourself a trade, though.

But, I figure, you, me, and Dion pitch in and get some "good" s**t. Surely if we put our money together, we can get SOMETHING worthwhile.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:18 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Dion Necurat

Uh...stock up?

But, I figure, you, me, and Dion pitch in and get some "good" s**t. Surely if we put our money together, we can get SOMETHING worthwhile.
I actually saw a pretty decent deal on .223 surplus. The surprising part is that it was SS109 steel-cored penetrator ammo.

I've got a decent stock of some other s**t... .303, .30-06, 7.62x39. 9mm, .40, .45, even .177... just not much .223. I've even got a good stock of 12 gauge, including flechette rounds and the ever-favorite dragonsbreath. That s**t is an insta-brushfire machine out here.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:55 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Dion Necurat

Uh...stock up?

I actually saw a pretty decent deal on .223 surplus. The surprising part is that it was SS109 steel-cored penetrator ammo.

I've got a decent stock of some other s**t... .303, .30-06, 7.62x39. 9mm, .40, .45, even .177... just not much .223. I've even got a good stock of 12 gauge, including flechette rounds and the ever-favorite dragonsbreath. That s**t is an insta-brushfire machine out here.

DRAGONSBREATH! ******** YES! That's perfect for wiping out a hoard of zombies at once, since fire is a STRONG weakness for them! Hell, one Dragonsbreath round could probably stop 90% of an invasion, if you use it right (and it's not an insanely large group).  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash