Reply ~ Main Forum ~
skulls here skulls there Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pain of lust

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:12 pm
I was in my room and I noticed I have a lot of skulls; where in the world did they come from? So if you have some skulls how many and where did you get them from? I have 18 all from Walmart. lol

Mod edited for coherency.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:50 am
yea? i wen tto romancing the stone [store] and got a huge ceramic tribal skull and my BFF got me a bracelet made of lil ceramic skulls XP  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:05 am
I have a small copper ring with a small skull hanging off a link on it. The skull is made of real bone. I like going up to my friends and some people and lifting of my hand so they can say it, then saying, "Oh look, he's smiling at you."  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm
If we are also talking close, then i would be counting from now til next year. Skulls are awsome.

I have a poster with a huge skull on it, but besides that, i dont have much. I do however have alot of dragons. Think i owe, five dragon figures at the moment....  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Herself Online

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
        I don't have any yet but I really want to buy a toad skeleton.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:27 pm
i have rings wistbands and neckes lol i have alot  

pain of lust

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:29 pm
I have one that's holding my books up straight. I have a big empty space in the middle of my middle shelf where I can keep a text book that's in current use without it taking up desk space, or just any group of papers or thing I'm using that takes up unessecary room on my desk. So I have a skull holding up the books on one side and a glass orb with glass fish, coral, and mountains in it.

The skull glows faintly green in the dark and is named Elvis. smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 pm
list time:

1 jade skull (acquired from a friend from mexico)
2 ceramic skulls (the tea light kind)
1 burger king skeleton plush (from POtC)
1 strand (100 beads) of skull prayer beads (from a friend who went to Tibet...these things are freaking huge!)
several skulls from New Orleans.
1 skull model I got from a medical supply store.
1 baltic amber skull bead I acquired from a ren fair.
3 strands of mini skull beads from various SCA merchants.
about a dozen hand made skull beads from a dear friend and sister who does pottery.
3 1"1/2 bone skull beads on leather lanyards that hang from my beltloop.
about a dozen different skull beltbuckels that I change out on a whim. (current one has the lower jaw that moves and opens bottles.)

a lot of halloween skull items......amazing what collecting a little bit each year adds up to.  

Keevan Draco

sugarcoatedlies

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 am
I don't have that many, but i made the ones I have. Some out of ceramic, others out of crochet smile

MOD EDIT: Do not quote OP  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:22 pm
i dont have many cuz mom doesnt like it but heres wat i do have:

3deer skull(yes i found them in the forest behind my house)
1bird skull(also from the woods)
skull bracelit  

-XxPhantom_Dreamer-xX

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm
I got a skull a day book and it's really cool  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:19 pm
Love_of_Jushiro
I got a skull a day book and it's really cool
Sounds interesting, what are the best skulls in the book in your opinon?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 pm
I find skulls to be tacky, I don't like them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:02 am
Digital Malevolence
I find skulls to be tacky, I don't like them.

I mostly agree. I mean, if you're going to go all the way and get REAL skulls (or anatomically correct model skulls used for demonstration), I'd say go for it. That's respectable at least for it's quality control. Otherwise, I find skulls ultimately kitschy (in the original sense, not in the modern sense of the word). And not in the good way. The mass production and consumer-appropriation of skulls lands somewhere in my mind around the word "laughable", though, not quite all the way there. I just find there to be something comedically juvenile about the mass-produced, shitty-quality, vaguely cartoonish, mold-poured plastic skulls that so many people have. And this sentiment spreads, often, to people with skull-print clothes, or posters with skulls, and so on. Again- high realism is respectable, and I'll give a free pass to skulls SO cartoonish that they're purely meant to be cute. But everything else in between... tacky, juvenile.  

GilAskan
Crew

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 pm
i don't have very many things with skulls on them. i just don't really care for them. i like the mexican-style skulls though, i think they are pretty. but i don't wear skull barrettes or whatever.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff