A Non-Random Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Burakkii-Sama

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:56 am
Yeah.
A thread that actually contains conversation.
Shock.
XD

Anyway, am I the only one who seems to notice that no one really talks these days?
People are either saying 'random'(Which isn't really that random, just stupid things people say.) or all they respond with is an emoticon or a few words that don't add to the conversation.
DX

I'm a being that craves conversation, seriously.
So... talk.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:58 am
finally someone else aware of that fact that what random is now is just a guise to be stupid  

draconas88

Invisible Citizen

Burakkii-Sama

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 am
Hurray!
Someone with the same view!

I honestly hate random.
It kills conversations which are hard enough for me to start.
I see really, on the first page, I think, one or two threads that aren't just posting random things.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:22 am
when i try to have a conversation i don't wanna see Text talk, emotes and other crap as answers i want answers

i remember when random actually meant something but these days it's just panned out faster than the rumors of swine flu are going around  

draconas88

Invisible Citizen

Burakkii-Sama

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:05 am
I know what you mean.
I only use emoticons if I need to show that I'm only playing around, otherwise I don't use them.

Yeah, human conversation is dying.
I still type a paragraph, when possible, when I use IM.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:22 am
i very rarely use emotes and when i do i use my own ones not the preset ones

i mean how hard is it to use ones brain to form a sentence probably a lot easier than spewing whatever drivel they normally do  

draconas88

Invisible Citizen

Burakkii-Sama

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:44 am
I use text emotions, they don't stick out as much and flow better.

Just shows that people really don't have much to really say.
Which shows how much they think.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:06 am
*smiles* You both have a valid point. It is true, that alot of what goes on is pure silliness, but before making harsh judgments remember, too, that many of the peepz on here are just trying escape from the real world for a while and blow off some steam. I, personally, enjoy the game threads and usually get a laugh when I read through them - if I didn't, I wouldn't bother with them. It is true, though, that there is nothing so informative and relaxing to me as a good conversation. One that focuses on positive, rather than negative. I also agree that the rabid lacing of emoticons throughout a conversation can tend to appear perverse, I think that it doesn't occur to most people that they can *smile* just as easily this way as with an emoticon. I blame it on our society's promotion of instant gratification.
On that note, it's time for me to go contribute to that society for a few hours. I hope you both have a wonderful day. It was nice meeting ya'll.  

MystiBlu

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 am
Who says beign stuip isnt fun
being "random" is good
however havign seriuos conversations auch as abotu politces or religon often gets people angry
so a blance sould be striked  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:36 am
Blu: I'm not making a harsh judgment, it's more of a... well, disliking of the fact that it's hard to find a good conversation among the 'randomness', I'm not saying it's completely unnacceptable, and understand for most that it's enjoyable, it's just not for me.

I think most prefer talking about positive things, I never go out of the way to talk about negative things.

Well, as I hear often, life is just getting faster and busier, but I believe people still have a few moments to spare to do things the right/proper/whatever way.

And the same for you.

Joey: I never said it wasn't, it just isn't for me.

And it's a neutral thing, not good nor bad, depends on the perspective.

And no one said a conversation had to be serious, just casual chat is what I'm looking for, I'm not a debater.

If anything is unbalanced here, it's that there's too much random.  

Burakkii-Sama

MystiBlu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:52 am
*smiles* Thank you for starting this thread, you may have hit upon a need/desire of at least 3 of us. I know I do crave sanity as often as I crave insanity. I think this will strike a nice balance. Joey has a point about religion and politics bringing out the anger in most people, so we should probably try to avoid those particular areas. It is so hard for most people to agree to disagree. Oh, and you can call me Mysti.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:19 am
Thing about religion and politics is no one knows how to debate anymore. :/

So, yeah, it'd be best to just leave those subjects alone if we want pleasant conversing going on. ^__^ I like your avi, btw, Mysti.  

October Gray

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:36 pm
Well fine i'll start off

What honsetly in your own opeinon and give serval facts why it is

Whats better

Pie or cake  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 pm
Thank you, Sora. Joey, I like a combination of both! Such as Boston Creme Pie *smiles sweetly and batts eyelashes* Ever had it?  

MystiBlu

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:35 pm
* u fail opens trap door she falls in*

Pie is the better chocie due to the fact it can have both meat, fruit, dariy ect fillings while cake will awasly cake

Pie can be heathler due to the filling and usally is better tasteing

Pie is PI or 3.14  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas