DSi ware and DSi specific games? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:58 pm
What?
I was reading in an electronics magazine, and in it, it said that the DSi has its own format and can support DS and DSi games. what's taht about?

and i got the june copy on NP today, and they talked about DSi ware?
what is THAT about?

and what's gonna happen to us ppl who DONT wanna buy a DSi? Dx  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 pm
You don't get to play DSi Ware stuff and DSi specific games.  

Waynebrizzle

otawara

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 pm
XD

Wayne beat me to it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 pm
Yeah thats about it, unless they just halt all DS games in general.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:07 pm
That's...terrible.
and have they started making DSi games yet?  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

Nope, but a lot of upcoming games are sure to have exclusive features for it, kind of like when you could play Oracles of Seasons/Ages on your GBA and get in a secret room.  

Waynebrizzle

Trop003

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:40 pm
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

Nope, but a lot of upcoming games are sure to have exclusive features for it, kind of like when you could play Oracles of Seasons/Ages on your GBA and get in a secret room.

Gah..., that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. I don't have an extra $170 to drop on a DSi. The DSes have become like the Pokemon series, I suppose. Ya get your first two versions have your standard features, then a year later the third comes out with so much extra content that it makes the firt two look inferior to play.
...Oops, I don't like ranting. Ah, well...  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 pm
Trop003
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

God damnit, that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. I don't have an extra $170 to drop on a DSi. The DSes have become like the Pokemon series, I suppose. Ya get your first two versions have your standard features, then a year later the third comes out with so much extra content that it makes the firt two look inferior to play.

I'm very glad I skipped the DS Lite. That's all I will say.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm
Trop003
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

Gah..., that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. I don't have an extra $170 to drop on a DSi. The DSes have become like the Pokemon series, I suppose. Ya get your first two versions have your standard features, then a year later the third comes out with so much extra content that it makes the firt two look inferior to play.
There's nothing on DSi so far that's making you buy it, is there? There's Dr. Mario Express, a hard to play WarioWare game and...? That's about as far as it goes, because the system doesn't have a killer app. Just hold onto your money for now. Chances are you have a camera or webcam, and you have a music player.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trop003
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

God damnit, that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. I don't have an extra $170 to drop on a DSi. The DSes have become like the Pokemon series, I suppose. Ya get your first two versions have your standard features, then a year later the third comes out with so much extra content that it makes the firt two look inferior to play.

This  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Meta_Fish
Trop003
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

There's nothing on DSi so far that's making you buy it, is there? There's Dr. Mario Express, a hard to play WarioWare game and...? That's about as far as it goes, because the system doesn't have a killer app. Just hold onto your money for now. Chances are you have a camera or webcam, and you have a music player.

Thank you, Meta_fish.
Imma take that advice and wait....until a game i really want comes out on there.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:33 pm
The DSi was worth purchasing for me only because my original DS was stolen, and I don't really want a DSlite.
The cameras are fun to screw around with, the SD card slot is nice... and the DSi shop (almost exactly like the Wii Shop Channel) is interesting... though if you already have a DS and don't NEED these things, I'd recommend you wait a while for either a good price drop, a good exclusive, or perhaps both.
Oh, and don't bother using the 8-bit game feature while playing music unless there are no vocals... otherwise it really sounds retarded. However playing a newer version of the Hyrule Theme like this has pleasurable results smile  

Kammesennin

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:39 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Waynebrizzle
This

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:57 pm
My DSlite is too new and the DSi doesn't have enough new features to justify trading my lite in for one.

I think I'll wait for the DSii.  

-Hel the Reaper-

KitsuneSaria

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:46 pm
Waynebrizzle
Sazuka57
That's...terrible.

I would think it would be more like Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, where if you were playing it on the GameBoy Color, you could access the color-specific dungeon in the graveyard and get the red/blue tunic. Regardless, I still have my veteran (I say 'veteran' because the hinge is damaged and won't close properly, yet I still managed to get through Phantom Hourglass's "close the DS to solve the puzzle" ordeal) first-gen DS and have yet to see a reason to buy a Lite or DSi.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff