Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Great Books, Suggestions, and Reveiws. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anneechin23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:47 pm
I hope this is okay here, cause I don't know... but I have a passion for fantasy, but not the kind that gets over concerned about the details such as Lord of the Rings.... No offense to those whom worship it, but it's a little to much detail, and too little plot for me to actually spend the time to read it all, I'm sure it's very rewarding.... but it's not happening.

Okay.. so for anyone who agrees with that comment, and is looking for a good read, and doesn't mind a female heroine... Tamora Pierce is the best Author around...

She's written - Song of the Lioness Quartet... 1)Alanna: the First adventure, 2)In the hands of the goddess, 3)The woman who rides like a man, 4)Lioness Rampant... Overall, this is probably one of most interesting books I read, but by her, it's in 3rd place.

The Immortals quartlet.... 1)Wild Magic, 2)Wolf Speaker, 3)Emperor Mage, 4)The Realm of the Gods... Over all, I place this one 2nd. It's awesome, the plot and story just make it all so believable(in tortal).

The Protector of the Small...
Really I'm not listing this one, cause i don't suggest it, It wasn't as good as the first two, and I really thought it was a chore to read(in tortal).

Trickster's Choice-
Sequel to Alanna... It's her daughter, but It's the first place winner, It's story is intriguing and brings me back into the world, and shows another side of the story... It's magnifiecent, and it definitely inspires me...

Other than those, I suggest Gail Friesen, another AWESOME author....

and the book the Hunger... I can't place the author, but this book is a great warning about Aneorexia and eating disorders, It's a emotionally grippy novel, and it's deeply imprinted on my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:04 am
Yes, I am a fan of Tamora Pierce- only read one book of hers, but it was a very good one. Other than that, I suggest the Harry Potter books (somebody has to), and the Inheritance series (Eragon and Eldest, both by Chistopher Paolini). Inheritance is very well written and very detailed. mrgreen  

Elvane

-OmnipresentxXxHate-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:11 pm
if you like vampire stories, try picking up cirque du freak, it incorporates alot of things from fantasie, and if you like that, try the demonata series darren shan is working on now  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:22 pm
As Elvane said, Eregon and Eldest are both superb books. I enjoyed the Artemis Fowl series, although I'm not sure others would share my interest.

Eregon: About a boy named Eregon who finds a strange stone in "The Spine" and takes it back to his uncles home, as both his parents are dead. A few days later, strange creatures begin to show up looking for the stone, a sense of urgency about them...

Artemis Fowl: This series is about a young criminal mastermind and his accomplice, known simply as Butler, who toy with "The People" or fairies. The fairies are not how they have been normally portrayed. Instead of being purely magical, their society resides near the earths core and their technology is vastly superior to its human counterparts. Artemis captures a leprechaun (Derived from LEP Recon, an elite branch of the Lower Elements Police) and holds her ransom, while trying to outwit "The People" who have been thwarting plots like Artemis's for thousands of years...  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

Elvane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:27 pm
I actually like the Artemis Fowl series as well, I just forgot to add it. *slams head against wall* Oww... that hurt...
Anyways! My library has a copy of the latest one, but it's never in the library! Somebody must really like it or something... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:52 pm
Elvane
I actually like the Artemis Fowl series as well, I just forgot to add it. *slams head against wall* Oww... that hurt...
Anyways! My library has a copy of the latest one, but it's never in the library! Somebody must really like it or something... stare
The latest one is very good IMO...

ninja ...although I was sad at the apparent loss of one of my favorite characters. ninja

^^ Spoiler...Maybe ^^  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

Elvane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:00 pm
Tellius
Elvane

ninja ...although I was sad at the apparent loss of one of my favorite characters. ninja

^Spoiler...Maybe^

Hey! I didn't spoil Eldest for you, and there was some juicy stuff in there! stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 pm
Elvane
Tellius
Elvane

^Spoiler...Maybe^

Hey! I didn't spoil Eldest for you, and there was some juicy stuff in there! stressed
Yea, but I didn't say who. Besides, I belive the character that supposidly died isn't dead in actuallality. Also, I put a spoiler warning, so you can't really blame me!  

frozenapathies

Perfect Businessman

Elvane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:35 am
...I knew you were going to say that. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:33 pm
i had some bad experiences with books...  

funkyspikemike

+Elora_Delifane+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
pengu graven
if you like vampire stories, try picking up cirque du freak, it incorporates alot of things from fantasie, and if you like that, try the demonata series darren shan is working on now

I love that series. I haven't gotten to read the last few new ones he has made, but I have all of the books up to book 9. I love them all.
I cannot wait to read his newest series either. I got to read a sample chapter of it and I must say, it sounds wonderful. heart

Other books:

Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling: About a young boy who finds out that he is a wizard, is taken to a magical school to learn witchcraft and wizardry, and learns that he has an enemy who wants him killed. (I figured this didn't need much of a review thing.)

The Destiny by Morgan Montgomery: About a young man who gets taken to the magical world of Everworld where he finds out that he is the protector of the magical world and must save it from an evil wizard named Abadon. He makes many friends such as Serena, a witch. Nicole, a fairy. Alec, a student of Felion, an elf. And Donavan, a young man cursed to live the half life of a vampire. Together they set out to destroy Abadon and his army before it is too late. (I am the author of this book. Sorry for the crappy spelling errors and such, I usualy have my computer of editor fix them. *grins*)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:47 pm
If I had to recommend a book for people to read, I'd suggest reading Where the Red Fern Grows. I don''t remember who the author was but that book brought me to tears. Andother good book that I really loved was called Poppy by Avi. It's obviously for younger readers (I read it when I was in 4th or 5th grade) but it's so cute and so sad there's no way you couldn't love it! If you like series books then V.C. Andrews is the way to go. My favorite series was the Heaven series which included, Heaven, Dark Angel, Fallen Hearts, Gates of Paradise, and Web of Dreams. The series starts out slow but has an interresting and unexpected ending. 3nodding

(btw, this thread is okay)

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Elvane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:09 pm
Zoe_Washbourne
pengu graven

I love that series. I haven't gotten to read the last few new ones he has made, but I have all of the books up to book 9. I love them all.
I cannot wait to read his newest series either. I got to read a sample chapter of it and I must say, it sounds wonderful. heart

Other books:

Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling: About a young boy who finds out that he is a wizard, is taken to a magical school to learn witchcraft and wizardry, and learns that he has an enemy who wants him killed. (I figured this didn't need much of a review thing.)

The Destiny by Morgan Montgomery: About a young man who gets taken to the magical world of Everworld where he finds out that he is the protector of the magical world and must save it from an evil wizard named Abadon. He makes many friends such as Serena, a witch. Nicole, a fairy. Alec, a student of Felion, an elf. And Donavan, a young man cursed to live the half life of a vampire. Together they set out to destroy Abadon and his army before it is too late. (I am the author of this book. Sorry for the crappy spelling errors and such, I usualy have my computer of editor fix them. *grins*)

I hate you.
For being published, AND because your name is Morgan.
I love the name Morgan. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:37 pm
Zoe_Washbourne
pengu graven

Other books:

ten is just mind blowingly wonderful, (Darren goes to his hometown in 11 >.< eleven is also called "lord of shadows" big clue eh eh? also comes out on my birthday)

i also im so sorry, about suggesting a manga that im absolutely obsessed with, Death Note ninja

its pretty brilliant  

-OmnipresentxXxHate-

Anneechin23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:45 pm
Whoever likes smut and Vampires - Christine Feehan... I was told she was a good author... which is true, her stories would be better than Tamora Pierce's if it weren't for the endless, unnessecary sex... >.> "IN a STORAGE CONTAINER" ramdom inside joke ehhh Deepy.  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff