Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Other Worlds? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everything_In_Time

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:09 am
Okay, so... what's anybody's take on whether there are other world and other universes out there?
And.. one more, actual elemental powers? Like fire and ice and water and such. Without spells being able to conjure them.
Just looking for some outside thoughts on this.
Blessed be!
~Moone  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 am
I think of course there are.Maybe there's a planet in every universe that's controlled by each element? Mars for fire for example.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Everything_In_Time

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:17 am
well kind of something like that. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 pm
Its possable since even we humans have the power to draw on the power of nature with our hearts but, The thing is we cant do it without a spell or charm though, we may even be able to do it that way if we open our hearts,minds, and spirits to nature and the 5 elements.  

Furrie Princess Nala

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:17 am
Lunar Nexus
Okay, so... what's anybody's take on whether there are other world and other universes out there?
And.. one more, actual elemental powers? Like fire and ice and water and such. Without spells being able to conjure them.
Just looking for some outside thoughts on this.
Blessed be!
~Moone

I personally believe in the concept of a multiverse - multiple planes of existence and spheres of worlds or universes. I don't believe in time as linear, but rather as spiral, cyclical.

Actual elemental powers? Yes. The Watchtowers themselves are elemental powers. Likewise, there are other elemental beings who exist in the same manner. Can they be contacted? Yes, by those who have the experience and the knowledge of such. Can they be 'conjured'? Not really. You may invoke and command them, but as with all such things you must be able to put down what you call up - elementals are not subject to control easily, and a loose or stray one that ignores its' invoker is definetely a problem.

childoffire: There are plenty of different magical practicioners out there whose practice is direct energy work, and who do not use spells or charms to do so. Such things are the traditional way of the witch, but not everyone's magic is witchcraft.

Which 5-element system are you using? Most witches tend only to use the traditional 4 elements of the Western Hermetic traditions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm
i believe there are other worlds out there!  

Crisstella

7,250 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:10 pm
I definitely believe there are other worlds lying around our own, (since I tend to nick energy from them ninja ) both parallel and non parallel. Most well known and explored would probably be the astral plane, or dream realm. I also think there is an infinite number of dimensions, but I wont go into detail about my dimensional theory since they are simple yet outlandish...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:41 pm
lunasif
I definitely believe there are other worlds lying around our own, (since I tend to nick energy from them ninja ) both parallel and non parallel. Most well known and explored would probably be the astral plane, or dream realm. I also think there is an infinite number of dimensions, but I wont go into detail about my dimensional theory since they are simple yet outlandish...

I want to hear your theory!  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Kuroshikaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm
There are indeed several different worlds, dimensions, ralmes, and universes. My deffinesion of a dimension is a plan that is in another ralme and world. There are also plenty of other plains than those that have been mentioned and some not with in the graps of one power but take that of many. Each ralme have millions of dimensions, thousands of worlds that hold life, and hundreds of universes. I also do believe that each ralmes numbers may vairy as nothing is exactly the same.

Now about the element thing, Humen do have the cappability to control the energy of an element which with practice and belife in ones self you make be able to control that element to an extint. The five elements are Eath, Wind, Water, Fire, and Spirit. Everyone has all five elements within them thus it is possible to have mixed energy which will bring forth another element. Sientist call it kinesis but I call it a gift for the watchtowers. We all hold the watchtower that is never mentioned but is most important and that is the watch tower of life or spirit.

We have to only call four beacuse the fifth is within us all. But to controll any of the elements is hard so you should first try out something that suites your personality. You can tell the personality of an element through study such as fire. Fire is full a passion and power yet it is agressive thus you may need anger or hatred to controll it but at the same time you have to have the love for your self and those that you wish to protect and keep them in your heart at all times to keep it from going out of controll.

This was just a little imput from me and an old master of mine. Good luck and if you have any questions about what I have said or wish to say that I'm wrong just pm me since This is so far down I proble wont notice it for wahile. emo Good luck to all and Blessed Be cool  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:25 pm
I believe that there are multiple dimensions and other worlds. The string theory supports this as well. After all, where could the ghosts be if we walk right throgh them? wink As far as elemental work goes, I think they all have their qualities, but I don't think it's quite exactly what many popular books claim. I tend to look at them for what they are: example fire is heat, air is rapid movement, and consider the emotional analogies of their qualities.  

RubyLight

x-moon-x-daughter-x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:08 pm
i do believe in other universes and parallel worlds and stuff, most commonly known as planes.

though the elemental bit... i believe that a physical manifestation of the elements that we control ("elemental powers") isnt possible (unless someone can provide me evidence, which would be cool) and for good reason. the goddess has given us a pretty good amount of power already, what with granting us the power to do spells, but i also believe that she wants us to kinda keep in check, and with humans as corrupted and power hungry as we are, if she gave us governance over something as powerful as the elements, we would probably destroy ourselves. the elements already cause destruction naturally, i mean just look at the forest fires, floods, earthquakes, and tornados that cover the earth already.

but besides the danger factor? i'd LOVE to be able to summon water or fire or make plants grow. i just think that would be awesome. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:41 pm
I absolutely believe in different worlds and universes. I also believe in different planes and realms, even though I've never effectively been able to reach the astral plane. v.v I also believe that "Control" of the elements is impossible, impracticle, and highly unadvisable to attempt. I would say, however, that working with elements is quite possible and an invigorating experience. ^^ My favorite element to work with is air. It's always moving and so it's easier to learn to feel the flow of it moving through you. Like the spirit of air if that makes sense. Then once you know how it moves and attune to that, you can work with it and guide it. Start with gentle little changes like pushing it around you and changing the wind directions and stuff. I looove wiiiind <3  

Arcaniss Vivian

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:05 pm
From my knowledge of quantum mechanics, it's not impossible. Extra dimensions seems more likely in my humble opinion.

I do think the Gods live apart from us, but with us. Maybe they're living in a different wavelength of light, IDK.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:54 pm
Lunar Nexus

It's possible.

Quote:

Very improbable. If there was a world where this type of thing was possible, its physics would probably be so different that an Earth-like planet would have never formed in the first place.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 am
To the one that I serve

I believe in multiple universes and multiple worlds. I have traveled through trance in the other worlds. I have met with my spirit guides and the like through trance.

I believe in elemental forces, but what they are I'm not sure. I dont have much experience with them.
I will give my all

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games