Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
How can Allah just forgive without doing anything about sin? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voldemort point two

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:39 am
Okay. One of the major issues I have with Islam (if none of you have seen my intro post, I'm a Christian, not a Muslim) is that Allah just forgives. I don't know how accurate this is, but nothing I've heard about Islam says that Allah deals with sin, he just forgives it. Now, if he was a fair God, he wouldn't be able to do that. It's like a policeman seeing someone commit murder and just walking away, forgiving them.

So yeah, please can you tell me what Muslims believe about this? I assume there's gonna be a lot of discussion on this topic. But there's been nothing about it in my RE (religious education) lessons.

EDIT: I know this is probably just going to end up with me either arguing with you for ages, or us just agreeing to disagree. But I'm just interested in what Muslims have to say about this.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:00 pm
Allah forgives, when u did good things smile Like breastfeast a child, a angel comes and all your sins are forgived, i read in this guild smile  

The_Pathan
Captain

Voldemort point two

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:14 pm
See, that's exactly what I don't understand about Islam. I can accept that most of the contradictions in the Qur'an are just people taking things out of context. But the forgiveness thing just doesn't make sense at all. If good deeds could outweigh bad ones, then what kind of horrible people would get into Paradise? If they did enough good to outweigh the bad, but still did the bad things, then Muslims believe they would still get to Paradise, right? (If they were a Muslim).  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Not really, and I doubt He will forgive just because you breastfeast someone.. sweatdrop well I haven't found it in this guild though.. can you give me the link?

Allah will forgive you ONLY if you repent, promised not to repeat it, AND do something to show that you really sorry about it.
Well, you can killed someone. then you feel sorry and don't do anything, just feel sorry (like if you kill the father and he's the only one working for his family, then you should take care of his family, at least so they don't suffer more (beside losing their family) because of you).

You might hear that it's easy to be forgiven, but in the same time, it's not that easy. and if we repent but just repeat it again and again, of course the punishment will be harder. We have strict law here like Qishas. Killed for killing, cut the arm for stealing, etc.  

Shinigami Vayth
Crew

Newbie Hunter

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:05 am
Allah forgives very fast!

Be a li'l good, and u get alot good deeds. Do something bad, and u get very bad punnishment.

If someone talks bad about someone, all the bad stuff the other person did, the person will get, and all the good stuff the person did the other person gets.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:51 am
@The_Pathan: I assume English is your second language?

@Shinigami Vayth: But the point is, Muslims think that Allah will forgive them without actually dealing with the sin. The sin is still in the person when they die, correct? (I'm not talking about the individual sins, but the sin itself that causes them to commit sins) So how would they be able to enter Paradise without someone taking the punnishment for those sins? Yes, Allah could just let it slide because they said they were sorry, but he'd still be letting sin into Paradise. And then Paradise would stop being Paradise.  

Voldemort point two

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:24 am
Firstly yes what you are saying makes logic and is correct, every sin in islam has a punishment, and yes both my other brothers here are correct as well.

You will not get punishment of sins unless they are included in major sins...
1st sin in the link can not be forgiven.(except that there is possibility of being forgiven)

For example if you do major sin then you have to be sorry for it, you might be forgiven but the term 'forgiven' does not mean that you will get 'no' punishment. But again it all depends on how sorry you are. You might get no punishment because you sheded a lot of tears in the name of Allah for the sake of forgiveness. but if you are not sorry then you will get punishment of it.

yes good deeds outweigh bad deeds but still you get punishment of your sins.

For people who have done a lot of sins will have to go to hell first for their punishment of sins and then to heaven for their good deeds and since they have got the punishment of their sins they will not be sinful any more, and paradise will remain paradise.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:42 am
tassan
For people who have done a lot of sins will have to go to hell first for their punishment of sins and then to heaven for their good deeds and since they have got the punishment of their sins they will not be sinful any more, and paradise will remain paradise.

Yeah, that's right. almost forgot about that.. Thanks..^^

they will get the punishment, although maybe only in the world. it's said that punishment in after-life is far worse than the punishment in the world. You can't be happy for your evil deeds when you 'somehow saved' from punishment in the world. The truth is the punishment in the world can lighter the punishment in after-life. You may not get the punishment in after-life because you repent, but you still have to take your punishment in the world.

again, please correct me if I'm wrong.  

Shinigami Vayth
Crew

Newbie Hunter

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 pm
Shinigami Vayth
tassan

Yeah, that's right. almost forgot about that.. Thanks..^^

they will get the punishment, although maybe only in the world. it's said that punishment in after-life is far worse than the punishment in the world. You can't be happy for your evil deeds when you 'somehow saved' from punishment in the world. The truth is the punishment in the world can lighter the punishment in after-life. You may not get the punishment in after-life because you repent, but you still have to take your punishment in the world.

again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

correct, but we need to discuss it more to understand it XD *goes to dig some thing outa google about it*  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:46 am
Nope english is my 4th language wink

But i must talk soo even kids can understand somethimes when i talk to atheists.  

The_Pathan
Captain

maya azzy

Peaceful Worshipper

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:47 pm
Whatever happened to the values of humanity,
Whatever happened to the fairness in equality...

Allah is Most Gracious and Most Merciful. He says in the Noble Qur'aan, 'Oh My Slaves! Do not despair. Verily Allah will forgive all sins.'

In one Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said, 'If a person has sins equivalent to the foams of the sea and pebbles on a desert, Allah's mercy is so encompassing that He will forgive every sin.' In another narration, it is mentioned that Allah will speak secretly to one of His slaves on the day of Qiyaamat and remind him of all his sins. After the person will confess his sins, Allah will say to him, 'I concealed your faults in the world, today too, I will conceal your faults. Go in Jannah, I have forgiven you.'

The above mentioned are few of many haadith explaining the extent of Allah's Mercy. However, Allah says, 'Verily Allah will not forgive a person who ascribe partners (commit Shirk) with Him.' The only sin that is unforgivable is Kufr (disbelief) and Shirk (ascribing partners). Accepting Islam is the only atonement for the sin of Kufr and Shirk.

If one fulfils the conditions of repentance, i.e. regret and make firm intention to reform, then surely Allah Ta'ala will forgive them.

Shinigami Vayth and Tassan have already, between them, done an excellent job of explaining. ^^ So I'll leave it at that. =)

Instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity,
Lack of understanding, leading lives away from unity...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 am
salam, ALLAH will just not forgive out of know where, but if he wants he could, (just saying, he is god), a person must first pray to him and ask for forgiveness and if it is accepted then he will be forgive, as ALLAH's name Al-Ghafur (Oft-Forgiving) wsalam and ALLAH knows best.  

Dhul-Noon

Jin Saga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:09 am
Voldemort point two
See, that's exactly what I don't understand about Islam. I can accept that most of the contradictions in the Qur'an are just people taking things out of context. But the forgiveness thing just doesn't make sense at all. If good deeds could outweigh bad ones, then what kind of horrible people would get into Paradise? If they did enough good to outweigh the bad, but still did the bad things, then Muslims believe they would still get to Paradise, right? (If they were a Muslim).

No, No No My Friend, You've got this all wrong

If you have made a sin... you can pray to Allah (swt) for him to forgive u for that sin.. BUT asking for forgiveness is not something which u do with ur mouth... U ask it with ur heart... Allah (swt) looks into ur heart and If he sees that u are really sorry for what u did, and with that they mean that You would wish U could do it over so u could have changed it.

If Allah (swt) sees the true sorry in ur heart..then U are forgiven.. but there are people who do sins and then think,, Ill ask for sorry later on..These people only betray themselfs! for them there destiny rests in hell.

So Islam isnt a Religion ... where in people do sins and then ask for forgiveness , Allah (swt) is forgiven only when U are sorry with ur Heart.

I hope ive answered ur quistion enough, so not you can always Pm me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am
asalam alykuum, smile
about muslims i can tell cuz am mulim,
when any muslim human does wrong thing that allah hates ,his family or friend well tell him/her to stop it cuz its wrong and god will give him/her sins every time they do it {by the angels},and it will be removed by stoping that thing and praying to allah and making du'ua and allah is the Most Merciful .And the most important is never return to that thing again 3nodding

May Allah Bless You !!! biggrin  

Mysterious_Angel OwO
Crew

5,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash