Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HELP. D: [Resolved. Thanks guys!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:51 pm
I posted this in the Blessed Be guild too, so sorry if you have to read it twice.
I need help with this: I've looked all over the internet and didn't find ny for my purpose, and I really need it. I moved into this house in '03 and funny things were going on in my room. I figured it was my imagination. I met a friend with lots of knowledge of the occult, she figured out they were ghosts. I guess she was right, because that's the ability I have. ANYWAY. The person who used to live here was most likely into the occult, because there's a portal in the corner of my room. Lately it's been scary. Figures come into my room all the time (it used to be just at night/early morning) and they feel, not sure if evil is the right word, but it's like an instinct is telling me run away now!. And I had a dream that might have been a warning. I don't remember it all, but here's what I do remember: there was a shadow figure in my room, I saw it from the hallway and chased it in. I went in and my room felt cold and dead. My altar was turned over in it's side and the stuff on it was thrown across the room, the only thing that didn't break was my candle that represents fire. I felt all weird inside, like something really bad would happen soon and it was too late for me to stop it.[/dream] Help?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:01 pm
Have you tried talking to the entity? Laying down some ground rules perhaps?

Also, the thread on banishing might be of help to you.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:10 pm
I've tried talking to it...if it listens, it couldn't care less about responding. Maybe some way to close the portal even for a little while?
EDIT: I don't want to close myself off from everything, just the one entity. There's someone (I wish I knew who) who comes through once in a blue moon who seems familiar and makes me feel calmer.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 pm
Not Like It Matters
I've tried talking to it...if it listens, it couldn't care less about responding. Maybe some way to close the portal even for a little while?
EDIT: I don't want to close myself off from everything, just the one entity. There's someone (I wish I knew who) who comes through once in a blue moon who seems familiar and makes me feel calmer.

I'll say now that I don't have any experience really in dealing with entities...so take what I say with a grain of salt wink .

Might you ask this nicer entity to help you with the one that is giving you the bad vibes?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:25 pm
psychelapis
First off, be CAREFUL what you call on. Don't just try to contact what is in your area, use some selection and intelligence.

You never know if someone really bad is around, and you don't want to show them that you are open to communicating with them, and open to their influence.

I know many people often feel like they are invincible when they gain some energy skills, some senses, some sight, ability to make an energy ball. Let me tell you, you are NOT that advanced.

Beyond practitioners attacking each other, the spirits attacking are ones that LIVE on the astral, they know it very well often. They have more skill than you, they perhaps even studied energy structure. Just like how we have structures and ways of making a car or a computer, their are energy structures for different spells, different good shields, etc. So their are spirits out their that know a LOT about these matters, so it is highly possible that your skill is no where near that of some spirits out there. Now, that isn't to say their aren't a lot of spirits that are not good with energy, as their are, but still, being on earth, you can't see as well as them so should take care. The other thing is it is possible a past life you learned about a lot of energy stuffs, and maybe they will help you, but you don't want to make those assumptions. And even if they do, you can still have blindspots in your knowledge and thus yah, trouble.

So now that you have been sufficiently informed about how even if you are "badass" you still need to be careful, I will explain some tips on how to deal with spirits:

Defensive magic

Shields- No matter how badass you are, you need one of these babies if you can feel energy(when you can feel energy, spirits then can see you are open to influence =/). Now, I run into people that like to make really spiffy ones that have spikes on them, that do all sorts of cool things, all shiny and snazzy. I will say, while you CAN make ones that are good, the better the shield looks, the more you are going to get attacked because it is going to draw more attention. So, you need to decide on the tradeoff, of how good it is going to be, and how much danger you may draw by having a really good one.

~If you have never been attacked by a spirit
, then you are better off using a really mild shitty shield since you won't attract much attention that way. Then if you are attacked...

~If you have been attacked by a spirit:

If it was just once, and a while ago, you perhaps are safe to use a shitty shield.
If it was several times, it keeps coming back, then you probably need a moderate one.
If it is all the time, then you need to figure out what the crap you are doing that is attracting attention, lay off doing much in the way of energywork for a while, and focus on shielding (making a good one that is NOT going to be so spiffy that it will attract more things) This of course is if you would like to actually have them go away, but if you want to be stupid feel free to be.

Sometimes though, it isn't even your fault that you are attracting attention. The vast majority of the spirits that have attacked me did so because of my associations with other people. Ugh. Then some attack just for their personal wants, thinking you may be useful. Some are just mean. But yah, if you can, you may want to figure out the reason, make sure it isn't something you are doing.

Evasion

Evading and avoiding trouble is as essential as shielding really. You need to not draw attention, as spiffy interesting things are what draw attention.

~Owning stones- if you have a mad pile of rocks in your house, and they are strong, sadly you are already a possible target. Sometimes their are special rocks with special qualities, spirits are attracted to. You really want to be careful with that, since if you make your living space a target yah, then they may attack you too while they are their feeding on the stones. Now, some of this has to do with luck, as sometimes you will not end up with strong stones, and so won't become a target. It is just if you get lucky?/unlucky? and have good ones. Many of my earlier attacks were because I had so many good stones in my room. Bleh!

~Minimize the spellwork you do- You don't have to avoid doing anything, just don't be setting off beacons or anything xp

If attacked:

You have several options really

~push it off/fighting back- I would suggest to just push or try to work it out of your energy over a flat out attack first. If it will leave with you putting up a little resistance, that is great. If you attack, it may take you personal, if it isn't personal/part of a plan it isn't going to give up on instead.

~Ignoring it- If you know you can't win, you may be better off ignoring it. Yes, contrary to instincts surely, but sometimes if you engage they will call in reinforcements. It really depends on what is going on.

~Asking for help- If you can't deal with it yourself, you could ask for help. I would suggest that you ask for help or at least readings to figure out the nature of the attack before you plan a strategy to deal with it though, that should probably be your first step.

ANYWAYS, those are just some tips and things you should think about.

The fact of the matter is, people are going to do what they are going to do. They are going to do dangerous, stupid things. Things may get out of control, it may not even be fully your fault. Sometimes people just can't resist to try something out even though they have heard the warnings. And even with the knowledge of how to deal with the situation, they may not listen or s**t may still go sideways. I am just trying to prep you guys a little, but in the end it is up to you what you will do.

I got this from an occult guide I'm in, She's really good helping people :3

Have you tried pinpointing it and then banishing. Like focus on it and make sure that's what your getting rid of?

How about putting sigils around the portal or placing a filter like thing to keep that thing out and the lovely something in.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm
@ Violet- I actually never thought of that. You might not have experience, but you have good ideas smile
@ Namikikyo- I don't have much experience with sigils, do you know a link with info?  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm
Not Like It Matters

Maybe it's your spirit guide?  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:28 pm
Not Like It Matters
I actually never thought of that. You might not have experience, but you have good ideas smile

Hey, who says I don't have experience? gonk

I've cut plenty of cords from energy draining spirits.  

Namikikyo

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm
Namikikyo
Not Like It Matters
I actually never thought of that. You might not have experience, but you have good ideas smile

Sorry! I edited it, I was talking to Violet.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:34 pm
Not Like It Matters
Namikikyo
Not Like It Matters

Sorry! I edited it, I was talking to Violet.

stare I knew that..

I was just testing you sweatdrop

Lol, sorry Violet and Not not. biggrin  

Namikikyo

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:46 pm
ROFL it's okay wink .  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:52 pm
Not Like It Matters
@ Violet- I actually never thought of that. You might not have experience, but you have good ideas smile
@ Namikikyo- I don't have much experience with sigils, do you know a link with info?

You can actually make your own, as long as you put strong faith and meanings behind them

But if you don't want to do that;

Here are some sites that might help you out.

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/

http://www.symbols.com

Anything can work, and putting your own spin on them makes it personal to you.  

Namikikyo

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Namikikyo
Not Like It Matters

You can actually make your own, as long as you put strong faith and meanings behind them

But if you don't want to do that;

Here are some sites that might help you out.

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes

http://www.symbols.com

Anything can work, and putting your own spin on them makes it personal to you.

Thank you biggrin I got 3 good ones from Symbols.com, I'll probably draw them on a paper and hang it in my room.
EDIT- I did the runes on both of the walls (cause the spot is in a corner or right next to a corner) in black for banishing, and hopefully this works.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:40 pm
Do NOT use runes if you're not familiar with them. Seriously.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:48 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Do NOT use runes if you're not familiar with them. Seriously.

Ah! I'm sorry! gonk

I figured most people knew about them. I won't do it again. ._.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games