Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Havent played the games, need some help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CHOOSE!
  tsukasa is all powerful
  tsukasa is unstoppable
View Results

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:06 pm
EDIT: im done getting advice, people can still check this thread for info on help with first few games, add some of their own  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:24 pm
the first one or gu  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:27 pm
Naota3
the first one or gu
most likely the first (he has all of them, and whichever ones he isnt currently playing he'll let me borrow)  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm
use skills alot because they no wait time
event dungeons are always 3 floors
and rember when u finish a game rember to convert
also be careful when data drain only use it when you have to  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:25 pm
Naota3
use skills alot because they no wait time
event dungeons are always 3 floors
and rember when u finish a game rember to convert
also be careful when data drain only use it when you have to

is data drain one of those game things where backlash happens from too much usage?  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:47 pm
yep and don't forget to give your party members iteams  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:44 am
Also, don't start the other game right away after beating the one you are on, there are some stuff that you haven't gotten yet and you may want them. =)  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:43 pm
DO. NOT. TOUCH. ANY. BUTTONS. DURING. CUT. SCENES.

Unless you want to skip them. We (my sister and I) made the mistake a long time ago.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 am
Also get buffs from the shops. Might add a small amount but the are worth it in the end.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am
Dont start your next volume until you finished everything on the one before. Also when you start the second one you should check the sanctuary from time to time and see the .hack//sign cut scenes and then when you get to the third one you will be able to find their ghosts wandering and they give you items.  

kurl

Trash Bear

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:50 am
Speed increases help wonders when doing long dungeons, but the effects only work on one person, so make sure you have multiples of them unless you're grinding alone.

While Data Draining too much is harmful, it does carry some advantages, such as rare weapons and armors, though the drops are very rare.

Certain keywords have cedrtain effects on the fields they make.

Fairies Orbs are not cheats and always use them when in dungeons so you know where the end is and always have a Sprite Ocarina to warp to the dungeon entrance.

Use a guide for Grunty Breeding so you won't wste all the baby grunties on Noble Grunties. blecth.

Those are probably the most useful ones I can think of! (And yesm it did take me a while to figure out the damned Faeries Orb and Sprite Ocarina thing.

Oh yeah! Have a few different weapons and armors with different skills so you're ready for any situation!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm
thanks for all the info xd
ill be sure to use it!

p.s. *looks at sig* sylabus, i tell you that i would pay good money for a zachary quinto spock (the new one) drawing, that i would  

Mr Eliot

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 am
you're welcome! Don't be afraid to come to us for questions on anything. we don't bite....much >.>

ps: How much Mr. Eliot? We could work out something ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:59 pm
If you're in a party, use party commands to say "Use Sprite Ocarina" at the end of dungeons -- you'll warp out even if no one in your party has one. (I dunno why that works, glitch lol?)

Don't play the game for too long at one time, you'll get annoyed trying to find Virus Cores. That said, get too many Virus Cores, so you won't have to go back for them later.

At the end of each game, there's a special dungeon. The boss there will give a lot of experience, but if you data drain them, you get a really great weapon. They're pretty hard, unless you grind for a bit, so don't tackle them alone.

Wavemasters are good. Try to keep one with you at all times.

Trading wins.

Make sure you don't forget about the stuff you've got in storage, because after a while they're just sitting there useless. Trading them away gets harder later in the game because they'll be under-leveled.

If you don't know what to do, check your email, check the BBS, and then check the root towns. SOMETHING will come up in one of those.

Pick equipment carefully for you and your teammates, as that will affect the skills they can use.

Try and keep your infection level somewhere between green and yellow, otherwise weird stuff happens.  

yokaiy

Zyxa

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:33 pm
Don't be afraid to scout the field and return with a different party for the dungeon. It takes longer, but it gives you more experience and also makes the dungeons a bit easier. Certain characters will be more useful in certain dungeons. Balmung, for example, has great Water attacks and is awesomely useful in a Fire field. Piros also has Darkness and Thunder moves, which might be hard for you to find early in the games, so he's useful in particular dungeons, as well. Class is important. If you find you're running into enemies with good physical stats, consider returning to the field with a Heavy Blade to help you deal more damage, or a Wavemaster to capitalize on their poor magical stats. Twin Blades and Long Arms make for good mid-range characters that can switch between magic and physical attacks well. Twin Blades have a better hit ratio and Long Arms deal more damage, so keep that in mind. It can't be stressed how useful the Wavemaster + Heavy Axe combo is. Combining a deep HP pool with a lot of heals is a good way to deal with a lot of things.

Also pay attention to your stats. You can get through the game pretty easy without using the buff scrolls/Bloods/potions/whatever, but they actually are very helpful once you get a hang of which ones you need for certain enemies.  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff