[PRP] We Suck at Games :: Tezo x Iroh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Tezo had grown since the last time she had wandered any distance from the cave she shared with her mother. After she had come home covered in scrapes and cuts Moja had restricted her to staying within her sight for a long time. Even after her mother was letting her out of her sight the cub had stayed closed. She didn’t trust the desert when she was still small enough for it to harm her. Then one morning her mother had commented on how much she’d grown lately. When she realized that she had gotten bigger she decided it was time to go exploring again.

That was how she ended up at an oasis that was quite a ways from her cave. She was curled up by the water’s edge, the tip of her tail actually in the water. The juvenile had explored the little oasis and was resting after her trip to the slice of paradise. Her green eyes were closed and she was half-napping, one ear perked and listening for anyone that might be approaching.

Iroh was fond of wandering, He liked knowing the lands he lived in, and he liked finding new places to keep note of. It was like the ever moving sands were also ever expanding, and he often felt like he would never know all of the dunes and caves and green places by heart. Or at least he would have to spend much more time learning them. Which, of course, he was happy to do. He trotted along, looking around with a smile on his face, until he found an oasis he hadn’t been to before. It had some high trees, and very pretty green grass. He loved grass.

And there was something else! He grinned, padding toward a form he felt he recognized before actually putting a name to a face. He stopped, a bit hesitant. He remembered the last time they had met up. He had managed to get her hurt. He wondered if, in the passage of time, she had gotten bitter with him for it. Not letting his mind daunt him, he smiled brightly and approached, “hello again, Tezo!”

Tezo had gotten used to listening for lion’s traversing the sands, the grass she was lying on was a luxury after all. So she didn’t recognize the sounds of paws against grass as another young lion approached her. She did hear his voice though and her eyes fluttered open, a cross look on her face. Whoever it was interrupted her nap. It seemed that whoever it was also knew her, or at least knew of her. Lifting her head her eyes swept the oasis until the landed on a white figure. He seemed so fami…Iroh! That was it. She hadn’t seen him since that ill-fated game of tag. She was bigger now and she wondered if he’d notice.

Pushing herself onto her paws, she gave herself a shake. Tezo still remembered that tag was his idea and she was still a bit upset about it, but she was willing to give him another chance. Maybe things would go better this time around. ”Hi, Iroh.” Her tail twitched across the grass as she spoke.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm
The young lion grinned broadly when she replied to him, instantly relieved of any trepidation he had felt upon approach. It didn't matter that she sounded slightly annoyed. He could deal with that, really. If she hadn't replied to him at all, though, he would have been stuck. Forcing someone to talk to him was not his idea of being polite. By speaking, she was indicating that it was okay for him to go on.

He purred and moved closer, tilting his head at her as he examined her. She looked different! Bigger, but not in the same way that he had gotten bigger. He, really, felt like he was the same pudgy cub, only in a larger size. She looked different, like she was growing up. He nodded his head at her.

"You look well! You've grown! I bet your mom is proud," he said, like it was the most normal compliment to give someone. He did think her mom would be proud, even if the comment was coming out of left field, "how have you been doing?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:21 pm
She watched him after she spoke, inside her head she was going over the last time they had played together. The game of tag had went bad and she ended up tumbling into a crevice in the sand. She had been furious for a long while after that, but she had just begun to let it go. It helped that she hadn't seen him since, out of sight out of mind after all. She wasn't sure what she'd do if things ended up bad again this time, but they couldn't...could they? She knew she wasn't a total failure, and she didn't think Iroh was either.

As he moved closer she watched him, tilting her just slightly as she looked him over. He almost looked different, but she wasn't sure how, she had gotten bigger but it didn't seem like he had. Maybe it was just because she hadn't seen him in so long. Hearing his words she blinked, her mother? How would Iroh know what her mother thought? "Uhm, well thank you? My mother's been pretty busy watching the cubs, but I suppose she's proud." She pawed at the grass before she continued. "I've been okay, got a couple scars from when I took that tumble, but other than that..." She trailed off and then gave herself a mental shake. "How have you been, Iroh?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm
Iroh's smile flickered.

"I'm sorry you got lasting marks from that. I feel responsible, though I feel like it was just one of those situations we couldn't have predicted. I don't think any thing happens without a reason, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with when it's bad. I am still sorry about that, though."

He sighed, then tilted his head, soft eyes focusing on her. He smiled at her question.

"I've been good! Training, exploring. How about you? What have you been up to? It's a shame it's been so long since our paths have crossed! Though, maybe that's for the best."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 am
Tezo watched as the other lion's smile faltered for just a second, the sight satisfied her. Serves you right for getting us into that mess She didn't voice her words out loud, listening to his apology. As he spoke she moved into a sitting position, getting more comfortable.

"Hmm..." She trailed off mulling his words over, she was still upset that the game had gone that badly and that she had gotten hurt, but she supposed she could give him another chance. He hadn't managed to get her too angry after all. "I suppose I could forgive you," She shrugged as if it was no big deal.

At his next words she shrugged again. What had she been doing? Not much, she wasn't going to be anything special when she grew further into her skin so she hadn't had any special classes, and she still hadn't gotten to know most of the pride members so she spent most of her time alone. "Not all that much, sometimes I watch the older lions spar, but mostly I just wander on my own. Mother says she'll take me hunting when I'm older." She gazed off for a moment and then back to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 pm
Iroh grinned.

"Oh yeah? You think you could? Well that's good," he said, nodding, satisfied. Then he get a bit of a spark in his eye, and tilted his head at her curiously. He didn't say anything though, just smiled at her with his soft, though bright and vaguely enigmatic, eyes.

"Sparring is more fun to do than watch, though I've witnessed quite a few matches myself. It's interesting to pick up fighting tips that way. I haven't found my own style yet, after all," he tilted his head the other way now, still looking kind of silly, but more contemplative than the conversation warranted.

His mind was elsewhere.

"Do you know what rank you'll want to take? I'm working on becoming a water seeker right now."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas