Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm
A police gunfight just happened DOWN THE STREET FROM ME. LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE. More details later.

Events leading up to it:
I heard 2 sharp bangs. I didn't think they were gunshots, i thought it was just someone working in their garage or something, About 30 seconds later, 2 more shots. ! minute later, sirens were sounding from the main road. Then the roar of Ford Taurus and Dodge Chargers going down my street. My mother and I jogged down to our curb and looked down our street, sure enough there were flashing lights from the patrol cars. I heard the cocking of some firearm, most likely a police shotgun and heard "Get on the ground!" Then there were 4 or 5 shots that I heard (possibly more) and said to my mom, "get inside". We ran in, locked the door, and my mom called our friends that live down the street from us. I will most likely get more details from the news tomorrow, Crash and Battlefield Reaper might too. I currently have a sword next to me. razz

Better than nothing, we don't have any guns yet

Maybe this will finally convince my mom to let my dad and I to get them for home defense purposes. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 am
Ran back to the house and locked the door? You didn't run back to the house to get a camera?

Well... glad you're all right. Update us later.

Wait, sword? We're going to have to have a little talk later.

Speaking of swords, I was able to download Zelda: Majora's Mask onto my Wii. Haven't played the game in years and even then I didn't beat it (the third boss killed me and I didn't feel like playing though half the temple again to fight it). It's fun, though. I beat the hell out of Ocarina of Time and it's just no fun anymore, so it's nice to have a new old Zelda.

Just about to start the first temple now.  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:26 am
Interesting indeed.

BTW, Dodge makes the Charger  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 am
Well, glad you're alright, no telling where bullets will go, especially when certain cops are involved or criminals.

Sgt Buckner
Chevy Chargers going down my

Your car misknowledge surprises me.

Speaking of cars, my mother was talking with her friend and he's convincing her that we should sell most of our cars.
stare  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:29 am
There was a gunfight a quarter mile away from me. You really think I would remember a car company?

Armas: I dont own any guns. The sword was better than nothing. :/

It was a kid who lived down the street. Nobody even knew him. Moarclater ,  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:53 am
You ran to get a better look at a gunfight?  

Inquisitor Brock

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 pm
Inquisitor Brock

Thats what i was going to say O.o

Either your really bold or dangerously curious XP  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:18 pm
Anima_Raptor
Inquisitor Brock

Thats what i was going to say O.o

Either your really bold or dangerously curious XP

I'd do it.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 pm
Buy a dog!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes... Buy a dog... twisted

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Buy a dog!

Yes... Buy a dog... twisted
Clearly curtains are the best choice.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:02 pm
I agree about a dog.

But for the love god, get one of These not one of these.

Since we're going with a German theme, get one of these as a gun.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 pm
OberFeldwebel
I agree about a dog.

But for the love god, get one of These not one of these.

LAWL

I had a Doberman/Shepard mix we called Baron when i was a kid. ******** gorgeous dog, all rough and tuff when i lived in New York. I miss him =(  

Anima_Raptor

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm
Again, it was a quarter mile away. I had no doubts that it was a very low caliber round that was being fired, and when the police got there, they were the only ones that were shooting. I think the police in my town are pretty good shots: they hit the shooter in the foot at 10 at night. lol

Armas: No camera, it was too dark, and again, a quarter mile away.

Ok, here's the story I have so far...

The shooter was apparently high on something, and just lost it. He started shooting in his home (not sure if it was indoors or out) for 2 quick shots, about a minute rest then 2 more. Then, 1-2 minutes later, the sirens from the police came and the patrol cars came roaring down my street. My mom was like, "Damn, where are they going" because she heard the shots too. I followed her outside, to take action if SHTF. We are outside on the curb for about a minute when I heard the cocking of one of the officer's weapons (most likely a shotgun) and a distance-muffled "GET ON THE GROUND" or "PUT IT ON THE GROUND". Wasn't exactly sure because of the adrenaline buzz and the distortion of the sound from a quarter-mile. Then I hear multiple shots in rapid succession, it was not loud, so I assumed it was the police firing beanbag rounds from the shotgun because they knew he was high. At that point, my mom and I head inside, where she calls our friends that live down the street, near the firefight. The actual firefight lasted only about 30 seconds, the whole event happened in about 5 minutes, from the first pair of shots that the shooter fired to the end of the firefight.

I walked over to the house where it happened this afternoon as I was walking home from school. No casings crying
The street was completely clean, only some chalk? circles where the brass landed. No bullet holes in the house that I could see either.

No casualties except the shooter, he was hit in the foot and is in the hospital, I haven't heard yet if he was trying to murder his parents yet, I will do some research tomorrow.

Dogs? Remember the Malinois?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:03 am
Screw dogs.
Buy a zombie.
Or a crocodile.
No one ******** with people who keep crocodiles as pets.

The Iron Sponge

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:15 am
Sgt Buckner

Dogs? Remember the Malinois?

You can train any fast moving dog that stuff.

Hmm... I'd get Siberian Huskies.

A dog that kind of looks like a wolf charging at you with the, "I'm gonna tear off yer arm!" look on their face would be priceless.
Especially with them in a pack.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces