Submit

Well, did you like it?
  Yes! I love it!
  No, you all suck.
  I am a whiny little emo punk and I hate everything
View Results

Leith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:05 pm
This is a thread dedicated to Pagan/Witchy online comix. If anyone has any to add, please feel free! It's hard to track some of these sites down.

www.ohmygods.timerift.net

And some fun with Foamy the squrrel@ www.illwillpress.com

Spell-A-Casters
Amplified Bible
Paper-Back Bust (Amplified Bible Pt 2)
Meditational Melee
Sacred Space
Amityville Toaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm
Oh dear, the images don't appear to be laoding... Well, it's a pagan comic, with charactors from several different sects. It is very entertaining. There are no sexual references or gay references or making fun of Jesus freaks... OK, so I lie.  

Leith

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:19 pm
Oh my Gods! I love that comic! The earlier ones are much funnier than the later ones, I've found. Soooo funny. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 pm
Yea. But at lease he's not doing the 'hex' puns anymore. rolleyes  

Leith

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:58 pm
I've been reading that comic for over a year. It's really enjoyable and I have a clip as my background right now 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:12 am
I used to love this comic, but I got away from it. I had a friend at the time who was into to Reiki, so we both went hysterical when we saw the Reiki Master in the cmoics. She's graduated, but we still send the odd MSN messgage of

REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI!

My only complaint about the comic, however, was that I found it not to be entirely representational of Pagans. Not a huge deal, but I couldn't find anyone to relate to in the comics because I was neither gay or a nutter, which leaves the Boob Vampire.

Wait..... That explains why mine are always so much bigger than everyone else's... ninja

The Bookwyrm
Crew

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:13 pm
I've seen that one, and I loved it- I found it off some Pagan chat room website one day.^_^ It kind of reminds me of my Wiccan days.^_^

Hey, it might not be a bad idea to create a thread on Pagan webcomics. And since this one is already so conveniently started, perhaps I'll post a few later on.^_~ Anybody else up to join me?

REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI!!!!

^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:43 am
I'm so bookmarking that one.

Oh no1 It's the Futhark kids!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Mor Righ Anu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:45 pm
I have read them. But there are not always good. I guess I am hard to please .  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 pm
Gypsy Blue
I used to love this comic, but I got away from it. I had a friend at the time who was into to Reiki, so we both went hysterical when we saw the Reiki Master in the cmoics. She's graduated, but we still send the odd MSN messgage of

REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI REIKI!

My only complaint about the comic, however, was that I found it not to be entirely representational of Pagans. Not a huge deal, but I couldn't find anyone to relate to in the comics because I was neither gay or a nutter, which leaves the Boob Vampire.

Wait..... That explains why mine are always so much bigger than everyone else's... ninja

Not representational of pagans? How do you mean? It's got everything from the chaos magician to the traditionalist, to VIctor... a catagory all his own...  

Leith

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:37 am
Leith
Not representational of pagans? How do you mean? It's got everything from the chaos magician to the traditionalist, to VIctor... a catagory all his own...

I find that the characters are all one extreme or another. Yes, all of the traditions are there, not now start to look at the characters: The three main Pagans are a gay man, a lesbian, and an idiot. Is that representational to you? The rest of the peripheral characters all have likewise quirks: They're all idiots or extemists which is what makes the strip funny. Since being of an alternate spirituality doesn't necessarily mean being a part of an alternative life style, nor are all Pagans either stupid or extreme, I don't find the comic representative towards Pagans. It's funny, but it's funny in that it paints us all as being complete fringe members of society with more than just our spiritual choices putting us there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:38 am
Leith

Pretty much everyone is some kind of Wiccan, Christian, or ecclectic Pagan. There aren't any recons there, unless they've added characters since my last visit or I've missed someone. But the majority of the strip is about Wicca or Wicca-esque activities. The more you know about Wicca and what it's like to live as a Wiccan, the better it gets.^_^ If you don't have much of a personal investment in Wicca, I can see how the strip would lose a lot of its charm. But you're certainly right, Gypsy, about the extremist behavior- so perhaps we recons are better off unrepresented.^_~  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:41 am
AAAAH! I went back for a visit to the comic and the Futhark kids are TALKING! O_O LOL!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:18 pm
Gypsy Blue
Leith

I find that the characters are all one extreme or another. Yes, all of the traditions are there, not now start to look at the characters: The three main Pagans are a gay man, a lesbian, and an idiot. Is that representational to you? The rest of the peripheral characters all have likewise quirks: They're all idiots or extemists which is what makes the strip funny. Since being of an alternate spirituality doesn't necessarily mean being a part of an alternative life style, nor are all Pagans either stupid or extreme, I don't find the comic representative towards Pagans. It's funny, but it's funny in that it paints us all as being complete fringe members of society with more than just our spiritual choices putting us there.

Somewhat representational of me- so far as Victor is concerned. It's not that he's an idiot, it's that he's off in his own little world. And yes, the charactors are extreme- because they're representational. Would the comic be anywhere neer as funny if Fundie (Psycho christian) didn't go around shouting at all pagans? No. The idea is to poke fun at it'self and at others in a lighthearted way. All too often people take themselves too seriously.

For example: If you tell a wiccan that their religion is, technically, under 60 years old, all hell will break loose. Except if they are willing to laugh at themselves. There are times when I could have gotten upset, but I didn't. I can say, "yea, I go into a circle and beat a drum and get high doing it." There's validity is what I do, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh about it also.  

Leith

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:25 pm
Quote:
The idea is to poke fun at it'self and at others in a lighthearted way. All too often people take themselves too seriously.

For example: If you tell a wiccan that their religion is, technically, under 60 years old, all hell will break loose. Except if they are willing to laugh at themselves. There are times when I could have gotten upset, but I didn't. I can say, "yea, I go into a circle and beat a drum and get high doing it." There's validity is what I do, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh about it also.

I do realize the point of the comic; I've read it, and I found it funny for the first bit. I'm also glad that you found yourself represented in it. But, as previosuly stated, you can't claim it's completely representational when it's not, and in the grand scheme of things, it's a very small complaint to lodge against it. I'm not trying to knock the comic; I'm just stating my opinion on it. I find that it over generalizes and doesn't offer a middle ground.

And, uh, I'm a Wiccan, and I know my religion is under 60 years old. No technically about it. And I don't scream and fuss about it. stare Thanks for over generalizing and lumping the decent Wiccans in with the fluffs.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff