Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I wish I was an Engineer... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 pm
I was just thinking that I could probably design/make a box or drum mag for the PSL. Nothing huge, maybe increase to 20 rounds or so.

But I don't have the skills!  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm
Someone should make a .22 minigun. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:11 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel

I've seen an airsoft minigun mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:42 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It would have to be electrically powered (not gas), and I'm not sure it's possible with the rimmed cartridge and all...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:48 pm
Spy's sappin' mah sentry!  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:27 am
Inquisitor Brock
There are no spies here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

The Drildo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:00 am
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock
There are no spies here.

Tis a lie!

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 am
I had a dream about it.

You know how the snail drum on the MG34 works?

Kind of like that in a way.

Except where it feeds it's elongated to fit in the receiver.

A better comparison would be the HK 21 drum, except it would have a spring instead of just housing the linked ammo.  

OberFeldwebel

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:58 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It would have to be electrically powered (not gas), and I'm not sure it's possible with the rimmed cartridge and all...

I don't see how that would affect it really. Basically everything would work the same except different firing pin type.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:27 pm
After thinking about it for a while i say the snail drum design would be the easiest to make. Really it wouldn't take too much effort to make either.  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:25 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

I don't see how that would affect it really. Basically everything would work the same except different firing pin type.
It would feed poorly in an autofeeder. The rims line up and the feeding line jams. Though because it's a non-spitzer, you might use a tube-type feed... somehow.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:55 pm
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

It would feed poorly in an autofeeder. The rims line up and the feeding line jams. Though because it's a non-spitzer, you might use a tube-type feed... somehow.

Got it. Drum mags. Shouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold a couple hundred .22s, heck give me the tech to design it and i would make it dual feeding so you could swap out drums without stopping (assuming a two man crew).

Oh and i'm gonna be an Engineer btw. ^_^ lol  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:53 pm
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Got it. Drum mags. Shouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold a couple hundred .22s, heck give me the tech to design it and i would make it dual feeding so you could swap out drums without stopping (assuming a two man crew).

In retrospect, the technology already exists.

Size is of little importance on a minigun. Either hook up a few dozen, or make a single huge one that hangs on it like the one in TF2.

Wait a tick... wouldn't a .22 minigun be man-portable? The 5.56 one almost was.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 pm
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
war_junky 91
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

In retrospect, the technology already exists.

Size is of little importance on a minigun. Either hook up a few dozen, or make a single huge one that hangs on it like the one in TF2.

Wait a tick... wouldn't a .22 minigun be man-portable? The 5.56 one almost was.

Heck i bet it could be. We finally solved the dilema of the predator movie! He was firing .22s! lmao  

war_junky 91

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 pm
war_junky 91
After thinking about it for a while i say the snail drum design would be the easiest to make. Really it wouldn't take too much effort to make either.

Could make it that simple.
But me, I want it to be easy for the user.
I want to be able to pull the spring all the way back and lock it with the spindle or whatever then open the back so all you have to do is drop the bullets in, you know, instead of manually feeding them in one at a time and beating the s**t out of your thumb.

Also:

AHHH!!! Thread hijackers! Where's the Jack Bauer of forum moderators when you need one?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff