Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there a major problem within the news media
  Yes
  No
View Results

neo-hippy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:17 am
I'm sure that at least everyone in Australia with a working television knows of these two programs. One belongs to channel 7 and the other yo channel 9, both are extremely pointless and corrupt.

These shows are extremely bias, and are out there just to give us people to point the finger at.

Regular stories include:
What is in your Dim Sim?
The facts on young hooligans.
The old lady being screwed by the government.
Learn how to haggle.
How does your detergent rate up to others.
Family squabbeling over a wedding dress/ house/ boyfriend ect.

One example is about an old lady who wins a scratchy and the government finds out and they cancel her retirement benefits. Throughout the story we hear people on the street supporting her and they make out that the government are the bad guys. At the end we find out that the granney will recieve $7000 a fortnight from the lottery for the next several years. I mean retirements benefits are for the elderly who need it.

Putting my little example aside in the box marked 'incinerator' I will be continue.
News has commercials right, so that means that they must sell the news to people. In the process they are cutting out vital news storys from around the world just so the news becomes a tad cuter. People out there, keep yourself informed of the news that really matters and watch SBS world news or ABC news.

That is my two cents, thanks for reading.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:20 am
I avoid shows like that simply because they are so terrible  

King Of Ninjas

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:14 am
Look, I'm not going to get started on this. I did a unit on this exact thing in English this year.

I will just say one thing, Current Affairs shows are the most infamous peddlers of vaccuous, pointless crap that is meant to vindicate people in order for them to feel big.
I feel sorry for the saps that watch the damn shows, then again, I don't, they should have more ******** sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 am
i love watching current affairs. nothing quite like watchin a bunch of d**k heads getting screwed over!! xd i mean come on, EVERYONE knows that you NEVER pay a tradee teh full sum of your money before the complition of your job!!  

nrasjaa

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:19 pm
I think they're both rediculous shows. Although I've each a few times, and the stuff they go on about is just hilarious. Good for a laugh, not much else.

I had the last straw with commercial news programmes (and I mean actual programmes) when channel 10 started frequently reporting on the events of Layton Hewitt and Rebecca Cartright. It was a sad day. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:25 pm
Yay, people take into account what i say *dances a happy jig*  

neo-hippy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:56 pm
No, you just simply made a topic about it. I formulated these opinions many a year ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:59 pm
DNA_Guru
No, you just simply made a topic about it. I formulated these opinions many a year ago.

I guess stare  

neo-hippy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:10 am
Sorry to take your sunshine away, but it's the truth. I would think almost all people have a formulated opinion about the media, again I'm quite sure there are people who have decided what is put forward to them is truth. Others just accept it's trivial and bias, hence my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Meh I hate the news/current affairs tv wise... but I do read the newspaper everyday... that way you can just skip the crap and ads etc to the stuff that really matters... plus I don't miss out on other tv programs this way 3nodding  

quackers3000

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:52 am
DNA_Guru
Sorry to take your sunshine away, but it's the truth. I would think almost all people have a formulated opinion about the media, again I'm quite sure there are people who have decided what is put forward to them is truth. Others just accept it's trivial and bias, hence my opinion.

Awwww, you know it's ok to let people know things that are otherwise, but to steal their thunder so thoroughly is rather painful. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:40 am
Hence the point.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:59 am
DNA_Guru
Hence the point.

You remind me of me, only in real life. I think I hate you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:07 am
So you hate yourself.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:10 am
DNA_Guru
So you hate yourself.

I've always maintained that if I met someone who was extremely similar to myself, chances are I would hate them. So yes, I would hate myself.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff