Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Favorite Atmosphere To Play The Sims Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite way to play
  Durring the day
  At night o.O (owl)
  Absolute silence and solitude
  Doesn't matter who all is around
  With friends watching
  Combination of a few
  Other, I'll share my thoughts
  Gold ^^
View Results

Th3Vintag3Imag3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm
What's your favorite way to play The Sims?

Share with us your ideal setting of how you play your sims,
that time in your life when you can escape from the world and make a new one all your own!

Also, what gets you in your comfort zone, when do you get the most creative or imaginative?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 pm
Ill go first:
I like to wait till night when everything around me is at peace.
I get really relaxed just by waiting for the game to load.
I'll pour a glass of red wine if I had a good day, and a glass of white wine if I've had a bad day. (Don't ask, that's just me lol)
Then I'll put my soundproof headphones on and blast the classical music... something with strings, piano, and sometimes choral voices.

Sample of Music

I get most creative when I'm walking around looking at people and buildings. My coworkers making drama gives me good ideas for making videos about them. Cool buildings give me ideas to make cool houses.
mrgreen

Th3Vintag3Imag3

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:27 pm
Hey, this is a really awesome question. blaugh

My ideal time is on a weekend morning, when I'm still in my pjs and I don't have anywhere to be. I'll usually put on head phones and play some music.

Most of the time, I end up playing at night, with my boyfriend near by while half watching the TV. Problem is he usually turns to talk to me about what is on the TV. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:38 pm

She's right ( above me ) this was a pretty cool idea to make into a thread, bravo! *applause*

Well actually I'm very picky about when I play. I can't have people around me, watching me, cause they try and tell me what to do, I can't stand that.
So I'll play whenever I can be all alone, and I know my roommates won't bother me, usually at LATE/EARLY hours of the night on weekends while they are out at parties or passed out from the parties lol.
I party too sometimes, don't get me wrong, but I like my along time too.
As for wine lol, I haven't grown into wine yet, but I'll play with alcohol if it's around lol. Music wise, I let the game do it's thing.

Most creative? When I'm playing the game. I'll sit and think, and go, "OH!! I can do THIS!!" lol

Tran-TheTransliterated

ValiantValkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 pm
So I'm DEF guilty of being that girl in the middle of the big auditorium class (college) who's got her laptop out and headphones on playing video games, and now it will be the sims!
So I can play where ever I get the chance to, and where ever there is Wifi. Coffee shops, common areas in the dorms, etc.
I get the most creative when I've got something to drink, it keeps my mind going. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 am
All day and all night wink My fiance complained when I got my laptop and could play the sims again. I just might have been a little obsessed. Now I try to only play once a week (although I plan on suspending that for Sims 3).

I'm usually watching tv while playing, half doing both. I have a lot of CC for Sims 2 and Mods so it takes quite a bit to load so that keeps me distracted.
Looking forward to Sims 3 and hopefully a quicker load time (at least until I get CCing)  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

shutterbeebee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 am
I used to have to play early in the mornings on weekends before I went to work and late at night before school. Now that I'm on summer vacay I still play early in the morning sometimes I'll play all day. It's best in the morning when my mom's just left for work and my little sis is still asleep.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am
I tend to start playing in the evening and can then go on late into the night. I used to stay up until 1 in the morning when I was at uni but now I'm back home I can't do that.

I hate people watching me though 'cause it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:35 pm
Menaceman

I hate people watching me though 'cause it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

Isn't that the truth? sweatdrop Especially lately with Sims 3 out. At least with Sims 2 I had a project going so it sounded like I was doing something and impressed my boyfriend.

Now I'm just outright playing. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 am
I'm kind of like Menaceman. I will usually start playing in the evening and go until late at night. Every once in a while I will accidently play too long and when I quit, I will look out the window to see the sun rising over the hill. xd Although I usually quit around 1:00am or 2:00am. The Sims games are the only games I have spent a whole night playing.  

Blueman1027

Incisive

Original Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:44 am
I like playing during the day.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:33 pm
Blueman1027
I'm kind of like Menaceman. I will usually start playing in the evening and go until late at night. Every once in a while I will accidently play too long and when I quit, I will look out the window to see the sun rising over the hill. xd Although I usually quit around 1:00am or 2:00am. The Sims games are the only games I have spent a whole night playing.

I've done that before.  

CelticCatGoddess

Magica V2

1,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:34 pm
It doesn't really matter to me. Just as long as there's no distractions like the TV or other people.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 pm
Banana-nana
Menaceman

Isn't that the truth? sweatdrop Especially lately with Sims 3 out. At least with Sims 2 I had a project going so it sounded like I was doing something and impressed my boyfriend.

Now I'm just outright playing. xd

I am the same exact way... I have to be alone cause now I'm just playing, lol

But I usually have something yummy to drink as well. A nice buzz while playing the sims is great!

>.> my fiance always wants me to kill things, lol  

Chef Tine

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:24 am
It doesn't really matter to me.
I could play it all day @__@