Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 am
Hey!! Anyone used to use one of those when you were smaller or still do?
I was shopping over the weekend at toy's r us for kid toys b/c i had two kiddie b-days to go too. A co-worker had two sons celebrating at the same time and my cousin had a girl celebrating her's later in that day.

Well it's been forever since I had a reason to go there so when I went in it was entertaining looking around. XD I saw so many things for kids. One was even a transformers helmet that the kid can wear and it says things the transformers would say. They even had a costume set to go along.
I was stuned also at how much barbie has changed as well. Her hips are sooo small now!! o_o What are they encouraging? lol I remember they complained about barbie being anorexic when I was around 12'ish.

The "R" zone even have M rated games there now. Before they only had from "E" (or lower) to "T".

Anyone been there recently as well?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:27 am
I don't even know if I ever been in a Toys 'R Us.....how sad. Not that there's one close by though. Gosh-I can't even think where one is. lol

I had a 'super-soaker' when I was little, and played with water balloons.

I played with Barbies a lot. Although, the Ken doll always left her for Princess Jasmine or Pocahontas.... mrgreen I always wondered why Barbie stood on her toes when I was little. When I put on her little plastic tennis shoes I used to try and flatten her feet, because no one walks on their toes in tennis shoes....at least not then. I have seen those cross-breeds with a sneaker type design but then they throw a heel on.....  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am
I used to play with squirt guns all the time.

User Image

The last time I went to Toys R Us was back in February. I went there to purchase Halo 3.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm
When I was little, I used to play with them all the time. I don't remember what it's called, but I had this huge tank that hooked on your back (like a backpack or bookbag) that showed how much water you have. There was a purple hose connected to a gun which you could change what type of blast you shot. It was hilarious, it weighed more than me probably! I could barely lift it. But yeah, that's the only one I really ever used.
Water balloons are better, in my opinion. twisted

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 pm
I was never a big water gun person.
Probably because I didn't live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids.I would have had to go to a friend's house, who also didn't like in a big kid neighborhood, to have a watergun fight.

But Bratz and Barbies are just hilarious to me. Their proportions are becoming so awkward to please the public, to push the creator's ideals of beauty on small children, to give little girls self-esteem issues?
I have no idea. I was never a doll person anyway.

I haven't been to a Toys R Us for years, I don't think since I moved which was six years ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Zizzykitty
But Bratz and Barbies are just hilarious to me. Their proportions are becoming so awkward to please the public, to push the creator's ideals of beauty on small children, to give little girls self-esteem issues?

I bet they won't think the same after seeing this. Insanely skinny; boney. lol  

Death Shikaku

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I don't even know if I ever been in a Toys 'R Us.....how sad. Not that there's one close by though. Gosh-I can't even think where one is. lol

I had a 'super-soaker' when I was little, and played with water balloons.

I played with Barbies a lot. Although, the Ken doll always left her for Princess Jasmine or Pocahontas.... mrgreen I always wondered why Barbie stood on her toes when I was little. When I put on her little plastic tennis shoes I used to try and flatten her feet, because no one walks on their toes in tennis shoes....at least not then. I have seen those cross-breeds with a sneaker type design but then they throw a heel on.....
Water Ballons!! Those were amazing! XD
lol now that you mentioned it she always was on tip toes. Each and every one of them with just one that I had that was actually flat but she has bigger feet than the other barbies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm
Dornkus
I used to play with squirt guns all the time.

User Image

The last time I went to Toys R Us was back in February. I went there to purchase Halo 3.

I love that pic!! It's just too cute!
I said I wanted to buy that but every time I go to the game store I pick something else up instead. >_<

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Death Shikaku
When I was little, I used to play with them all the time. I don't remember what it's called, but I had this huge tank that hooked on your back (like a backpack or bookbag) that showed how much water you have. There was a purple hose connected to a gun which you could change what type of blast you shot. It was hilarious, it weighed more than me probably! I could barely lift it. But yeah, that's the only one I really ever used.
Water balloons are better, in my opinion. twisted

Water Balloons were awesome. I guess it was the point that you can throw something and run. XD Talking about all these water items remind me also of Slip n' Slide. Anyone? ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:49 pm
Zizzykitty
I was never a big water gun person.
Probably because I didn't live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids.I would have had to go to a friend's house, who also didn't like in a big kid neighborhood, to have a watergun fight.

I have no idea. I was never a doll person anyway.

I haven't been to a Toys R Us for years, I don't think since I moved which was six years ago.

I agree. Back then when barbie had a wider waste they said that was a self esteem issue. B/c it showed that to be beautiful you had to be blond and tiny bodied with big breast. Bratz just look odd I really don't like them at all for girls. ^^"

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:28 am
I just went into a toys r us last week biggrin Unfortunately, I was looking for my missing brother then._. The incident was hilarious but I found him anyway(:

And I love barbie dolls! I dont know what to do with them, but I like collecting them and dressing them up ina certain setting and place for all to see biggrin Now they are just sitting in my ikea box and if I remember correctly, they are watching tv biggrin They have been doing so for a couple number of years^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:46 am
I used to play with squirt guns with my cousins, but I would spend most of the time squirting it in my mouth. eek

Last time I went into a Toys R Us was when I bough a pikachu alarm clock. sweatdrop

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:36 am
Fate-J
I just went into a toys r us last week biggrin Unfortunately, I was looking for my missing brother then._. The incident was hilarious but I found him anyway(:

And I love barbie dolls! I dont know what to do with them, but I like collecting them and dressing them up ina certain setting and place for all to see biggrin Now they are just sitting in my ikea box and if I remember correctly, they are watching tv biggrin They have been doing so for a couple number of years^^

lol Me and my sister used to play with them when we were younger. We used to love collecting all different kinds of outfits for them along with matching shoes. ^^"
Back then my sister also used to give them haircuts *most would come out as a bald barbie*.

I wonder if we still have them in the stuff animal box that's locked away in the storage? I kinda wanna check some day. ^^

PS: Glad you found your little brother J! How did he get lost in toy's r us? ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 am
MonkeyFen
I used to play with squirt guns with my cousins, but I would spend most of the time squirting it in my mouth. eek

Last time I went into a Toys R Us was when I bough a pikachu alarm clock. sweatdrop

OMG! I forgot about doing that. We used to do that too (squirt water in our mouths. XD) Pikachu was awesome back then. I had a few pikachu dolls. I also liked collecting those pokemon cards at the time. Back in especially elementray everyone talked about it and everyone played the card game against one another.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
MonkeyFen

OMG! I forgot about doing that. We used to do that too (squirt water in our mouths. XD) Pikachu was awesome back then. I had a few pikachu dolls. I also liked collecting those pokemon cards at the time. Back in especially elementray everyone talked about it and everyone played the card game against one another.

Pokemon cards were awesome back then. I remember when I was so into Pokemon... I had a Pokedex thing and everything.
Speaking of cards, I've collected so many types of cards from over the years. Zatch Bell, Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball (Z, GT), Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!. There were so many. o.o I didn't even notice.

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff