Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Art/Writing Threads
designing a furry web comic! survey one up!! :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you help?
  yes :3
  no XP
View Results

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am
hey furry peoples of the Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild, I need your help. I have been wanting to start my own web comic for about 6 years, but never been motivated to do it...now I am XD

I need your help people, I want to know what people like and don't like in web comics. I want to find out what keeps people reading a web comic so people will continue to read them and keep asking for more.

you can help by filling out my surveys as I come up with them. they wont be hard and I try to make them as forward as I can.
the comic isnt ready to shown anything yet...still working on art concepts and story line plot. but I want this to be a big thing in time with the furry community at least

your assistance will greatly be appreciated and any and all help I receive I will be rewarded somehow....I just don't know how just yet >.> perhaps a fan art or something I dunno but please all help my dream take off :3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 am
1. How old are you?

2. Do you read web comics? If you could please link me to the sites. (if yes continue, if no skip to number 5)

3. If yes which ones do you read?

4. Why do you continue to read these comics?

5. If no why don’t you like to read them? Would there be something you’re more interested in reading?

6. If so what would it be?

7. If you had to choose one which would you choose, good story with ok art? Or great art with an ok story?

8. What kind of stories more interest you? IE fantasy stories with magic using furries, real life situations with furries, exaggerated life situations with furries, love and relationship stories with furries? ((if none of these sort of things interest you just list what you like)

9. What are you biggest turn offs from reading a certain comic?

10. What sort of comic style is better? Ones where each page is its own stand alone joke?((IE Vgcats.com, The Book of Biff)) Or one with a funny storyline?(( IE Concession))

Thank ya all for your time I will hit you all up with another survey when I get enough of this one finished
Thank you again ^_^
-RDY  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:58 am
reserved 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 am
reserved 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 pm
reserved 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 pm
reserved 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:53 pm
reserved 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:53 pm
reserved 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:55 pm
reserved 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:57 pm
reserved 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:58 pm
reserved 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:02 pm
reserved 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

Tsukasaneko Hack

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 am
survey plx heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 pm
survey 1 up 3nodding  

RanDaYena
Crew

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 pm
from ******

1. How old are you?

2. Do you read web comics? If you could please link me to the sites. (if yes continue, if no skip to number 5) Yes

3. If yes which ones do you read?
18+
http://sexylosers.com/001.html Sexy Losers
http://www.pholph.com/ [There appears to be something wrong with the website atm.] JACK

Below 18
http://www.jaynaylor.com/betterdays/ Better Days
http://www.jaynaylor.com/originallife/ Original Life
http://furthiahigh.concessioncomic.com/index.php?pid=20080128 Furthia High

4. Why do you continue to read these comics?
Plot mostly. Sexy Losers is generally a sadistic sexually themed comedy, so if I ever need a laugh I read it. The rest of them are full of drama and action. There’s a lot of things going on, and I enjoy when the plot is thick and TONS of things are going on all at once.
I do prefer there being romantic relationships [especially gay ones :3nod] to become part of the drama in any web comic. Although, I do hate it when the relationships somehow end up cliché…its best to think outside the box on that one. In most of the comics I do read, having suspense keeps it interesting and keeps drawing me back over and over. But that’s just my nature, I’m nosey and gotta know wut happens next!

5. If no why don’t you like to read them? Would there be something you’re more interested in reading?
N/A

6. If so what would it be?
N/A

7. If you had to choose one which would you choose, good story with ok art? Or great art with an ok story? Good story with ok Art definitely. The idea of “ok art” though varies from person to person. Also if the artist has a unique style, then the idea of “ok art” can be a viewed in a different perspective.

8. What kind of stories more interest you? IE fantasy stories with magic using furries, real life situations with furries, exaggerated life situations with furries, love and relationship stories with furries? ((if none of these sort of things interest you just list what you like) All of the above is the plot is done right ^^ Although exaggerated life situations depends on wut in the world the author is thinking…I would say that idea probably would end up being my least favorite.

9. What are you biggest turn offs from reading a certain comic?
When a comic looks…VERY…2D and has no depth in ANY of the frames…that drives me NUTS. A.k.a. stick-figure style comics.

10. What sort of comic style is better? Ones where each page is its own stand alone joke? ((IE Vgcats.com, The Book of Biff)) Or one with a funny storyline? (( IE Concession))
Sure, the stand-alone joke pages are ok, but tryin’ to develop plot out of those comics can be difficult sometimes. I personally like storylines more, but the occasional comic relief in a comic is always good too.  
Art/Writing Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff