Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Prototype! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ibystander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:26 pm
hello all i just wanted your input on protoype.. especially the ppl that have played the full game!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:08 pm
I've already mentioned this once somewhere else, but from at least what I've seen... the game looks to have enough promising material from the game's story/setting to make Prototype unique game to remember and play.
I still probably will need to try out the game and see how the gameplay and mechanics comes together before I'll really be sold on the game, but from what's been put out there... it certainly has whetted my interest. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:19 pm
I got it the day after it came out, and I must say that I think I've found my favorite game of 2009 thus far.

The story is interesting, though there is a bit of a weird pattern with mission difficulty. The different powers you can invest in allow for the game to be played with many different strategies in mind. I would reccomend it for, as one of the game's developers put it, "Assholes of the highest order".  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:21 pm
yeah chaotix you toold me this only a few days ago lol i just wanted to know how others felt about the game as well  

ibystander

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:10 pm
I thought the game was fun. But the shitty story & missions let it down. I wasn't a fan of the awkward combo buttons either.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:37 pm
I've heard it's incredibly easy. You scale buildings and blow s**t apart instantly by just running into them.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:18 pm
Looks like it will appeal to the same crowd who grind levels on castle crashers.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:13 am
I've been curious as to the game's quality in the end though. I've heard people praise it for it's gameplay, but others bash it for that same reason. I've also seen it praised for it's interesting story, but also bashed for it, whether for it being overly simplistic or just insensible.

So is the game truly worth spending money on, or would it keep you only mildly entertained?  

Otruc

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:25 am
I say its worth the money, maybe you might want to rent before you buy because your taste is differnt than mine. If you have and enjoyed Crackdown, then you will enjoy Prototype.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 am
Well Otruc what are your favorite games?  

nitnit
Captain

Otruc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:37 pm
I generally enjoy RPGs, platformers, as well has a the occasional shooter, like Left 4 Dead. Also, if it has a good, intriguing story, I'll play it regardless of genre.

I suppose a list of games/series I play would be like this:

Fallout, Final Fantasy, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Little Big Planet, Left 4 Dead, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Halo, etc.

Is that a good enough view of my tastes?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm
i think your tastes are in the right place to enjoy Prototype  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Otruc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:08 pm
Alright. Awesome. I think I'll take your advice and rent it first though, just to be safe. Thanks a lot!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 pm
I'm sorry, but none of those games are like prototype at all. There is a chance you'll like it, but I don't see how those games are similar to it.  

nitnit
Captain

ibystander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:52 pm
thank you for alll of the input everyone you have been a great audience GOOD NITE! lol rofl  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff