Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Transatlantic Ace

Shy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm
How many are there?
Where are they located?
Any of them particularly useful?
How negative does my karma have to be for me to pick up Jericho?
Do I want Jericho?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 pm
There are 8, not counting the temporary followers
2 positive karma
2 neutral karma
2 negative karma
2 no karma needed

Personally I like Dogmeat/the puppies and Fawkes the best, because on my 360 they're basically invincible. I had Charon too, but once I went Behemoth hunting with all three he died.

Fawkes is gained during the main quest, after the Underworld. Dogmeat at the Scrapyard.

I use Fawkes and a human mutant shield and storage and Dogmeat just to distract the enemies

You need negative karma to get Jericho, though I don't think he's good in any way.  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Jericho is like the evil version of Paladin Cross.

It should be mentioned that Fawkes only joins you if you have good karma. He can soak up a metric ton of damage and all, but he gets stuck in doors if you go undergrounds. To the point where you'll have to reload your last save if there isn't any other way out of the room you're in. Because he'll glitch in to the walls. Yeah.

There are... I think it's 8 or 9 possible companions, but some will only join you if you have good karma, some only join if you're bad, and some only join if you're neutral.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm
I like Charon because I think he's easy to get. He's not bad either; slap that T51-b power armor from Fort Constantine on him, and he can be pretty badass.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 pm
I had Enclave Hellfire Armor on him at the time  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 pm
List:

Good:

Star Paladin Cross: You meet up with her at the citadel during the main mission. Joins for free if you have good karma.

Fawkes: Meet up with him later on, near the end of the main mission (Pre-DLC). Joins for free if you have good karma.

Evil:

Jericho: You can get him at Megaton. Gotta pay 2000 caps to get him to come along with you. Need evil karma.

Clover: You buy clover from Eulogy at Paradise Falls. She costs 1000 caps, but there's a chance to talk him down to 500 if you have at least 50 points in the barter skill. Need evil karma.

Neutral:

Sergeant RL-3: He's a robot. Buy him off of a wandering robot trader named Tinker Joe. Normally hangs out close to Canterburry Commons, at the robotics facility, or mechanic, or whatever it is. other times he is by the RobCo facility near Tenpenny Towers. Need neutral karma.

Butch: Can only get him after doing Trouble on the Homefront, and only if he survived the vault fiasco at the beginning (IE you did not kill him). Even then, only obtainable if you end that quest in a way that allows the vault dwellers to explore the wastes, or forces them out of the vault. Need neutral karma.

Anything:

Charon: Buy him off of Azrukhal in the 9th circle in Underworld. 2000 caps well spent. Chance at 1000 if you have at least 50 barter. Free if you offer to kill Greta. Joins regardless of Karma. (Warning: If you have evil karma and you fire him, he will try to kill you.)

Dogmeat: Will join you for free. You can have another team mate aside from him, too. You can find him fighting a group of raiders at the scrapyard, or just wander the wastes and he'll eventually glitch and appear close to you. Will always be found fighting something. For me, he was fighting sentry bot. Invincible until he joins you on your journey, though. Joins regardless of karma.

I think that's about it.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

shady loves fallout 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 pm
lol i hhave jericho........
he cool.....
he cool............. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 pm
If your good get Fawkes and Dogmeat if your evil get Jericho and Charon.  

johnny blackk
Captain

neo_cros

3,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:44 am
i once had Charon and Dogmeat and a #^@# robot killed him, Charon last like 12 minutes lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:00 pm
C4r1st1an
i once had Charon and Dogmeat and a #^@# robot killed him, Charon last like 12 minutes lol

Dogmeat lasted roughly 15 seconds for me.

All of my teammates have to be able to kill a Giant Radscorpion without my help. He failed the test. I didn't lose any sleep over it.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm
theres like 4 that i know of and fawkes iz the most useful one in my opinion but im sure there are better ones  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:46 pm
I like the sergant ,but he can't take a couple a bullets to the faceplate if you know what i mean =( Escentialy they made him the awesomest bodyguard but the seconed weakest crying i left him outside the nuca cola plant with dogmeat and less then 5 minutes later he died i go back into the wasteland and i cant find the ******** body and he's holding my t51-b power armor and my experimental mirv. ....so i deleted the file  

Blades Of Null

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Blades Of Null
I like the sergant ,but he can't take a couple a bullets to the faceplate if you know what i mean =( Escentialy they made him the awesomest bodyguard but the seconed weakest crying i left him outside the nuca cola plant with dogmeat and less then 5 minutes later he died i go back into the wasteland and i cant find the ******** body and he's holding my t51-b power armor and my experimental mirv. ....so i deleted the file

Uff... That's rough sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:53 am
Fawkes is definitely the best, i walk to the outside of the capitol building, have him wait in the middle of all the fighting and take out overlords while i sneak around and slice up all the weaklings.
After its all done he still has about 3/4 of his health and took out most of the enemies.( i didnt feel like doing much at the time)
Oh and since he does get stuck sometimes just wait for an hour and any companion will appear right by your side as long as they are following you.  

mmmmmtoast
Crew

Fallout 3

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas