Submit

Can you remember any moment like this?
  Nope.
  Yup. :D
  Gold.
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 pm
So I was just looking around for this song from a video game I had when I was five, and ended up listening to mass other songs from that game which reminded me of when I was young and how awesome everything was back then. Animal Crossing was one of my favorite games as a child, I played it all the time. Whenever I hear the music, I just feel like playing it again. The newer Animal Crossing games (City Folk, Wild World) don't have the same feeling as the original. Then I got to thinking of all the other games I loved as a kid...and ended up listening to the music and watching videos from it. I can't help but smile whenever I think of it. sweatdrop
Anyways, what do you remember loving when you were a kid? Were they video games, television shows, what? Post any link or anything if you can, too. ^^
Animal Crossing - 2PM I remember this most, mainly because whenever I got home from school, this was the song that was on.
Animal Crossing - 8AM This is also one of my favorites and most memorable... I remember I used to wake up early on weekends and during Summer just to hear this... it makes me feel so relaxed.

Donkey Kong 64 - Frantic Factory Such an awesome and creepy song... I still love it. Even though it used to freak me out... it's still amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 pm
Oh! I'll listen to them in a bit.
I found a CD that I used to have called Tenchi Muyo with the english singers. My cat and I used to love this one song on it. Now that I listened to it I wonder how i thought she was a good singer. o_O" She sounded terrible and squeeky.

But good songs from before would be Legend of Dragoon "I believe" or legend of Mana Playstation song. ^_^" I used to love those two. Anyone else?

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 pm
I've heard about Legend of Dragoon, but I've never played it. Oh, yeah, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. How could I forget that? That game was so fun... the songs were addicting, too! (Especially Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 pm
I used to watch my brother play his video games on the Nintendo when I was a kid such at Zelda, TMNT, Mario, Mega-Man, Star Wars, etc.....once in a while I got to play TMNT with him.

When I went to my grandparent's house I would play 'Store.' Which was basically when I would cut out pictures from magazines and 'sell' them. I even made my own money. In a way it was probably a good way to learn my math then.

TV shows that I remember....Power Rangers, Sonic, Aladdin the Series, Mega-Man, Gargoyles, Magic School Bus......etc......

Barbies were my favorite toys to play with.  

0Moon_Maiden0

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
I found a CD that I used to have called Tenchi Muyo with the english singers. My cat and I used to love this one song on it. Now that I listened to it I wonder how i thought she was a good singer. o_O" She sounded terrible and squeeky.

But good songs from before would be Legend of Dragoon "I believe" or legend of Mana Playstation song. ^_^" I used to love those two. Anyone else?

Legend of Dragoon was one of the first PS games I played. I rented it from a local movie rental place......I was terrible at the game. I had to go recruit my brother to kill the first boss for me-that's how bad I was.

But now the roles have reversed and occasionally I have to help him. Like in the Warcraft 3-I would watch him play and come up with battle tactics and I got farther in his Buffy the Vampire video game too. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:04 pm
Shows I remember were also Power Rangers, Gargoyles, Freakazoid!, Rugrats (I loved that show when I was a baby XD), and many more. I can't think of any, though. I'll probably remember some soon. biggrin
Oh, there was this old game show on the Nickelodeon channel... it was about several teams that had to find the legend of the temple. It was called Legends of the Hidden Temple.

I remember that show was on about two years ago early in the morning on summer vacation for me (about 7:00 AM). Don't think it's on anymore...

Death Shikaku

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:31 pm
Nostalgia is awesome.

The old Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario games make me nostalgic.

There was a series of board games when I was very young where you played as a fish and you had to outrun a shark. I recently saw one of said games at a thrift store.

Also, speaking of Tenchi Muyo, this song brings back memories of Elementary School. My sisters and I watched that show all the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 pm
The original Mario Kart music for N64. That was one of the first video games I played.
Also the sound of Pac Man "waka waka waka waka". I had Ms. Pac Man for the big clunky Game Boy and I used to play it for hours.

For some reason the first show that came to mind from my chldhood was Samurai Jack even though I didn't really like that show. I used to watch the older Cartoon Network stuff before the became retarded. Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, 'n, Eddy, etc.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:08 pm
Mario Kart 64, ahhhh. I remember that Boo level with the ghosts flying around everywhere in the background. As for Pacman, I could never get into it. I'd play for about three levels and end up losing interest...

I never really liked Courage the Cowardly Dog, either. I like Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, though. I hate most of the new shows coming out now. Especially if you watch Cartoon Network now, they have all these non-cartoon shows. What's the point of calling it Cartoon Network now? It's slowly turning into another Nickelodeon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:33 pm
I remember Bowser's Castle best.

Cartoon Network now is ridiculous. The cartoons are stupid, the new Friday show sucks, and I liked the original Toonami best. I'd rather have the "violent" cartoons like Tom And Jerry back. It's funny watching the it the few times they show it on Cartoon Network now since they've edited out some of the more violent parts and I remember the original ones.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:02 am
I like the music from zelda and mario(: They are really catchy!
One of my all time fave cartoon has to be tom and jerry!! I love that one biggrin And the mickey ones!! I remember watching them again and again when I was young biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 am
I line I'll never be able to forget from Mario.....

stare
Quote:

"Thank you for saving me Mario, but the princess is in another castle."

scream  

0Moon_Maiden0

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 am
Fate-J
I like the music from zelda and mario(: They are really catchy!

I'm pretty sure the person who makes the music for Mario makes the music for Zelda, too, right? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:38 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
I line I'll never be able to forget from Mario.....

stare
Quote:

"Thank you for saving me Mario, but the princess is in another castle."

scream

Anybody who likes Toad has never played that game.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:44 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
Moonlight_HuangHou

Legend of Dragoon was one of the first PS games I played. I rented it from a local movie rental place......I was terrible at the game. I had to go recruit my brother to kill the first boss for me-that's how bad I was.

But now the roles have reversed and occasionally I have to help him. Like in the Warcraft 3-I would watch him play and come up with battle tactics and I got farther in his Buffy the Vampire video game too. mrgreen
lol I remmeber I really liked it especially when I heard that it was created by the legend of legaia creators as well. True that sometimes you had really llv up to pass some bosses. The dragoon forms were so cool. I loved the CG then. ^^  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff