Submit

?
  Offensive
  FUNNY
View Results

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm
I personally find it hallarious but i have also found many people that think its offensive so wht about you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:19 am
Well given I'm not american so have no idea what you're talking about I'm gonna guess the advert involves a bunch of goths ordering the pizza and choking on it or walking past the pizza and hissing or some other cliché.

For which, honestly if you take offence to it, you're a complete moron and should do the world a favour and remove yourself from it permanently. Ok that was harsh, but honestly people have a little common sense or did the Irn bru advert with goths upset you too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk  

Rellik San
Crew

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I personally like it -shurgs- anything to help out the bad rep... if anything, we should be kinda happy about this, you know? It's actually giving us a better impression.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 pm
I had to go see it once you mentioned it.

laughed my a** off after I saw it, only because the cut to "WHAT'D YOU SAY?!?!" hahahaha  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 pm
xX-PIKA-Xx
I personally find it hallarious but i have also found many people that think its offensive so wht about you?

People who find it offensive are 'tarded.
Also, I thought it was funny.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:57 pm
Rellik San
Well given I'm not american so have no idea what you're talking about I'm gonna guess the advert involves a bunch of goths ordering the pizza and choking on it or walking past the pizza and hissing or some other cliché.

For which, honestly if you take offence to it, you're a complete moron and should do the world a favour and remove yourself from it permanently. Ok that was harsh, but honestly people have a little common sense or did the Irn bru advert with goths upset you too?

Pretty]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk
Pretty much.

The commercial goes something like this, I'll do my best to remember it:

A teenage girl is ordering pizza and having her boyfriend come over. The father is nervous and says that her boyfriend is a vampire. The girl says "relax dad, he's just goth". I think the dad ends up ordering the garlic crust pizza. Her boyfriend comes, and he's dressed as the stereotypical goth kid we all see in every commercial. He notices the garlic pizza, freaks, turns into a bat, and flies away. Dad comes over eating a slice of the pizza saying "I told you so".  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 pm
I rage every time it's on tv, but I'm an angry person who hates human ignorance.
1. that is not a goth, that is a brootul metal f*****t. I hate those idiots.
2. the whole "HURP DERP GAWTHS IS ALL VAMPURS" thing is ******** crap. Yes, I'm a hybrid vamp, and yes, I'm a goth, but most of the vamps I speak with are relatively normal people, and besides, the two are entirely separate. I don't see Peter Murphy or Johnny Slut walking around claiming to be a sang or psi.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:25 pm
Draco Vampir
I rage every time it's on tv, but I'm an angry person who hates human ignorance.
2. the whole "HURP DERP GAWTHS IS ALL VAMPURS" thing is ******** crap. Yes, I'm a hybrid vamp, and yes, I'm a goth, but most of the vamps I speak with are relatively normal people, and besides, the two are entirely separate. I don't see Peter Murphy or Johnny Slut walking around claiming to be a sang or psi.

my my my, aren't we prejudiced. talk2hand  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:55 pm
Draco Vampir

Cry some more.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 pm
Ythan Il
Draco Vampir

Cry some more.

Marry Me Ythan?
xD Seriously, Draco, get over it. It was a commercial, I found it hillarious. And that wasn't a metalhead. I hang with some metalhheads, he looked relatively goth. Do you KNOW how many different styles of gothic fashion there is? I don't care if you look like Robert Smith or Hannah Montana, Dani Filth or Bill Gates. If you fit the goddamn bill, you fit the bill. (No, I am not saying HM or BG are goth). It's not all about looks.
Also, he wasn't a metal "f*****t"(You disgusting prejiduced, homophobic b*****d), he was an actor. So laugh about it, stop acting so emo, and you're nott a hybrid vampire.
Good day sir.

P.S. Not meant to offend. It's just some humans take some harsh reality while others need soft talk. No, I am not a licensed Phsycologist. But I know enough to figure what you need. So stop this nonsense.  

SADERR

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 pm
Rellik San

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk

You don't know how long I've been looking for that damn commercial!
Lmao.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:45 am
A few things.
One. I'm bisexual.
Two. I've never seen an actual goth that dresses in long coats with chains on them like that, only Nu Metal jackasses who listen to slipknot and marilyn manson. Them and Rivetheads. The long, straight hair and black lipstick applied far too thick lead me to the metal conclusion. Any goth worth their salt goes for a look that doesn't look premade if they bother to dress up at all.
Three. I saw the Irn Bru Ad a long time ago. I thought it was hilarious. It even made me want to try the drink, which I did when I found it in a grocer at 3 in the morning one night. It was okay, but not that great.
What pisses me off about this ad is the negative connetations and implications it gives of both, and the misrepresentation of the subculture, which, though common, is still getting on my nerves.  

Draco Vampir

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 am
Draco Vampir
A few things.
One. I'm bisexual.
Two. I've never seen an actual goth that dresses in long coats with chains on them like that, only Nu Metal jackasses who listen to slipknot and marilyn manson. Them and Rivetheads. The long, straight hair and black lipstick applied far too thick lead me to the metal conclusion. Any goth worth their salt goes for a look that doesn't look premade if they bother to dress up at all.
Three. I saw the Irn Bru Ad a long time ago. I thought it was hilarious. It even made me want to try the drink, which I did when I found it in a grocer at 3 in the morning one night. It was okay, but not that great.
What pisses me off about this ad is the negative connetations and implications it gives of both, and the misrepresentation of the subculture, which, though common, is still getting on my nerves.

Yeah, but they'll always be making pointless jokes at us. You just have to sorta take it in a comical way. Also, what is Irn Bru? I saw the commercial a while back, but it never said what it was . My first two geusses were "beer" and "Milkshake".  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 am
Delissio's? WTF is that, and why are the ripping off DiGiorno's slogan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKXM1YPEiw

and to Mr. LARP Vampire, I've seen plenty of actual goths wearing a coat like that. Not so much the corpse paint though.  

Metranil Vavin

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 am
Irn Bru is a Scottish Cola drink.
Me being scottish and irish, I thought I might as well see if the commercial portraying it as a fun and enjoyable drink was correct.
Again, it's alright. Not great, not bad, mediocre. Kind of like some of the novelty energy colas floating around out there.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff