Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply General
"It's the law, a*****e!!" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good, yes?
  Yesh! ^-^
View Results

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 pm
What are some the dumbest laws you've ever heard of?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 pm
In North Carolina, it's still illegal to mow your lawn in your underwear on Sundays.

In Colorado, the government can still hang you for stealing some one's horse.  

Cailetslover

Cailetslover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 pm
I just thought of a really good one.

In many counties in Colorado, they have actually ban a breed of dog. How stupid is that? Pigs & deer are known to kill more humans a year than this breed of dog. It's called a pitbull.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:32 am
Cailetslover

In many counties in Colorado, they have actually ban a breed of dog. How stupid is that? Pigs & deer are known to kill more humans a year than this breed of dog. It's called a pitbull.

it's true they're banned here too in Canada and i have two and my friend had one and the police came and took her dog but when they weren't looking i took it from the car. it not the breeds thats "killer" it how people handle them sad my babies would never hurt anyone they would give their lives to protect anyone. i trust them with my two year old cousin i let her walk them too
this is the most stupidest law ever made sad sad  

xRustySporkx

xDarkWinterx

Dapper Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:53 pm

-Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
~Arizona
-When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person possesses.
~Arizona
-An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders.
~Arizona
-It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
~Florida
-Doughnut holes may not be sold.
~Nebraska
-You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
~ New Hampshire
-Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
~Oklahoma
-It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
~Tennessee
-To stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law.
~Maine
-It is illegal to park in front of Dunkin Donuts.
~Maine
-A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
~Michigan
-It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
~Michigan
-It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.
~Michigan
-Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
~Indiana
-All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
~Hawaii
-You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
~Wyoming
-Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk.
~New York
-You may not sing in the bathtub.
~Pennsylvania
-Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.
~Pennsylvania
-On Halloween, children may only “trick-or-treat” from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and if Halloween falls on a Sunday, they must “trick-or-treat” on October 30 during this same time interval.
~Delaware
-The English language is not to be spoken.
~Illinois

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 pm
In Texas it's illegal to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel. (Don't ask)  

MystiBlu

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:28 pm
Cailetslover

They ban pitbulls everywhere, not just in Colorado. Most larger cities like Detroit ban them because that's where the big dog fights are. I agree that it is ridiculous. The pitbull is known to please its owner, and if it's owner happens to fight dogs, it will be vicious and fight dogs because that's what the owner wants. In the right hands the pitbull is a wonderful dog.

Here in Oregon it's actually legal to have a duel. If you win, however, you can't have a job.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 am
No idea which state it is, but it's illegal to walk backwards with a duck on your head...  

Angelique Moonlight

5,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200

MystiBlu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 am
In New Hampshire car insurance IS NOT MANDATORY....But: it is ILLEGAL to get in a car accident and NOT HAVE INSURANCE. Talk about 'tard!

This next doesn't really fit here... I kinda wish this law exsisted today!

There was an ancient Greek law that prohibited politicians from leading "a life of debauchery" and violators were prohibited from speaking in public and were permanently prohibited from addressing the People's Assembly.

Just think of how quiet it would be in Washington DC right now! LoL  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:20 am
MystiBlu
In New Hampshire car insurance IS NOT MANDATORY....But: it is ILLEGAL to get in a car accident and NOT HAVE INSURANCE. Talk about 'tard!

This next doesn't really fit here... I kinda wish this law exsisted today!

There was an ancient Greek law that prohibited politicians from leading "a life of debauchery" and violators were prohibited from speaking in public and were permanently prohibited from addressing the People's Assembly.

Just think of how quiet it would be in Washington DC right now! LoL

LOL thats funny  

Anubisbubble

Desirable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dame Sesquipedalian

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:46 pm
Here are some from my home state of Vermont:

• Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
  • At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
  • It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
  • It's illegal to use colored margarine in restaurants unless the menu indicates you do--in letters two inches high. Colored margarine can only be served in triangle shaped patties.
  • It is illegal to defame a court.
  • Whistling underwater is illegal.
  • It's against the law for vagrants to procure food by force. Apparently if you have a good job and stable home life, it's O.K. to procure food by force.
  • It is illegal to paint landscapes in times of war.

Also, there's a law in the city of Barre that says all residents must bathe on Saturday night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:10 pm
How might I

In Portland, Oregon, it is illegal to bathe or shower whilst naked.

Counter-intuitive, much?

be of assistance?

darkdoom227

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:05 pm
darkdoom227
How might I

In Portland, Oregon, it is illegal to bathe or shower whilst naked.

Counter-intuitive, much?

be of assistance?

Hahaha! Gymnophobia: Fear of being nude. People who wear clothes even in the shower have some form of this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 am
Dame Sesquipedalian
Here are some from my home state of Vermont:

• Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
  • At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
  • It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
  • It's illegal to use colored margarine in restaurants unless the menu indicates you do--in letters two inches high. Colored margarine can only be served in triangle shaped patties.
  • It is illegal to defame a court.
  • Whistling underwater is illegal.
  • It's against the law for vagrants to procure food by force. Apparently if you have a good job and stable home life, it's O.K. to procure food by force.
  • It is illegal to paint landscapes in times of war.

Also, there's a law in the city of Barre that says all residents must bathe on Saturday night.
I understand the secound last one. Its so that enemy forces can't learn the lay of the land before actually going there.  

Anubisbubble

Desirable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dame Sesquipedalian

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:46 pm
Yes, but if someone's that desperate to know what the land looks like, what's to stop them from using existing landscapes?

General

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff