Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Buying and Advice
Can't feed your 1911? (Price reduced for fast sale D:) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:47 pm
Well boy howdy have I got the solution for you. Checked the ammo rack at Wal-Mart today, and lo and behold, they had COMMON-CALIBER PISTOL AMMUNITION. 9mm, .40S&W, and the coveted favorite, .45ACP. I bought two boxes of WWB .45, 200 rounds total.

I'm thinking $40 each, plus shipping. Any takers? I take PayPal. mrgreen

ETA: Not sure how much shipping should be, and if there are any hazmat surcharges. I'll call the UPS store on Monday and find out the specifics.

EDIT2: Price reduced to $35 each, and shipping is roughly $15 if you buy both at once, less if you buy one. Weight costs go down.

EDIT3: One box sold to Uryu. Shipping for the second box is $13 (honestly, that's what UPS charges, I think it's ridiculous too)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:52 pm
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

It was much cheaper before the rush gonk I got a single box for Ammo Day last year for like $30.

Payday is next week. I'll see if I have enough left.  

uryu ishida

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:40 pm
Hmm. Damn.

Well, shipping has to be done by ground, and I think there are additional charges for shipping hazardous materials, but they're not too exorbitant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 am
Horrified Survivor
Hmm. Damn.

Well, shipping has to be done by ground, and I think there are additional charges for shipping hazardous materials, but they're not too exorbitant.
That's what I thought. I did a basic "shipping X pounds from A to B" and it told me it should be about $15 for ground, but it didn't ask about HazMat. Gotta call about that later today...

UPDATE: No HAZMAT for ground shipment of ammo, only if I wanted to ship it next- or two-day air. So shipping should run roughly $15-16.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

owenmarco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 am
Well s**t, this might be my ONLY option for plinking ammo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:43 am
Good news everyone!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I went outside and tried out my 1911 some more.
It seems that the burr is being worn out just by shooting it some more.

Sometimes it seems as though the extractor doesn't latch onto the Winchester Brass, but that might just be because the brass is shaped differently.
It seems to like the Wolf type casing rather than the Winchester brass.

Look closely at the rim on both cartridges and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I shot a metal bucket that had already been shot and I was surprised when I saw a hole roughly 1" in diameter.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 am
any new bites? D:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 am
Probably next Friday, when I get paid.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 pm
uryu ishida
That's what you said last Friday. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 am
Fresnel
uryu ishida
*taps foot*

Weeeell? You have enough left over, or do I go somewhere else? I know that sounds like a b*****d thing to say, but this is money I'm trying to cash in on right now, and I've already waited three weeks.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:38 am
Fresnel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
*taps foot*

Weeeell? You have enough left over, or do I go somewhere else? I know that sounds like a b*****d thing to say, but this is money I'm trying to cash in on right now, and I've already waited three weeks.
Depends if my dealer gets that damn Mosin Nagant put together or not within the week.

Damn him taunting me, and then taking it home to clean all the cosmoline out of it. And now forgetting it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
*taps foot*

Depends if my dealer gets that damn Mosin Nagant put together or not within the week.

Damn him taunting me, and then taking it home to clean all the cosmoline out of it. And now forgetting it.
neutral

I made this offer a month ago. Wait two weeks, wait two more weeks, wait until the Mosin's done? Sorry, I can't afford to wait any longer. Now, or never?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm
So, whos the manufacturer and date of the Mosin?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
*taps foot*

neutral

I made this offer a month ago. Wait two weeks, wait two more weeks, wait until the Mosin's done? Sorry, I can't afford to wait any longer. Now, or never?
It'll be never, at least not for the next two or more months. As you can see from my thread, I'm a bit busy having to bend over with lots of drama, eating BOTH my paychecks for this month at the least, I probably will ask him to just hold the mosin for me until better times. I can't even buy the lonely $15 box of 50 .45ACPs he has (which was likely bought right after I left Friday) because I'm not sure I'll have the extra.

@Ober:russian, pretty sure it's an M44.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:49 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Fresnel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
*taps foot*

neutral

It'll be never, at least not for the next two or more months. As you can see from my thread, I'm a bit busy having to bend over with lots of drama, eating BOTH my paychecks for this month at the least, I probably will ask him to just hold the mosin for me until better times. I can't even buy the lonely $15 box of 50 .45ACPs he has (which was likely bought right after I left Friday) because I'm not sure I'll have the extra.

@Ober:russian, pretty sure it's an M44.
Fair enough. I'll move on then.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas