Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you...?
  Homosexual
  Heterosexual
  Bisexual
  Other (And no, I'm not talking about goats)
View Results

Leith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:28 pm
I have just returned from a rather intense journeying workshop. There was a man there named Toby, who has spent the better part of a decade studying sacred Drumming with the Dagwa (Sp?) in South Africa. One of the things he said that really struck me was the position homosexuals have in the villages. According to the Dagwa, gay people are more in tune with the spiritual world. The explanation he got was that, because they are able to have 2 sexes, the physical and the mental, they are better equipped to deal with 2 realities, the physical and the spiritual. They are referred to as the gatekeepers, and it is their job to guard the village from negative spirits, demons, and energy.

So I was wondering about the percentage of Pagans here who are gay.

I'll post more on this subject later.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:39 pm
Eh, one might call me hetero, but I really love all individuals witha great personality. I could really care less about what parts ya' come with (so long as you have a heart and brain gonk ).

I can see in a way how some homosexuals might be more 'intuned' than others, but I feel it isn't a prime factor. Other qualities, such as sensitivity to the environment, are important, as well.  

Jameta
Captain

Leith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:43 pm
Definitly not the number one thing, you're right. BUt I am curiouse to see if there is a larger percentage than in mainstream population.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:33 pm
In their :untainted: culture, yes, the homosexual would be revered, as they have no Christian backgrounds trying to condemn everybody. However in our culture, if the homosexual were to be revered on the grounds of just being homosexual, then it would either be considered a "scheme to promote the devil" or just an underlying rebllion.

I'm bisexual.

Quadadiddle
Crew

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:58 pm
Many traditional cultures- especially ones with shamanic overtones- take this attitude toward homosexual or transgendered people. In ancient Egypt, however, what we today call "alternate" sexualities really didn't seem to have had any particular distinction from heterosexuality- but hermaphrodites were held to have special powers (as were dwarvish folk^_^), amulets were made in nude hermaphroditic forms, and some gods also were considered to be hermaphrodites.

Personally, I'm bisexual, but not very romantically inclined. I find both men and women attractive, but would rather admire from afar than take on the maintenance of any kind of personal relationship- I complicate my life quite enough on my own.^_^' So in other words, I'm an equal opportunity dater- but at the moment I'm equally disinterested.^_^

I haven't drawn any sort of association between my bisexuality and my spirituality, however. For me, my sexuality is purely an enjoyable part of my personal being. Once I accepted that, I was able to overcome a few gender-based hangups that I had and live my life more effectively. And that is what I think the gods intend for us, after all- simply to live our lives as who we are and as we were meant to be.^_~  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:09 pm
Amen to that, Weben. I clicked homosexual instead of hetero. *sighs* So you're poll is off by one. I've found that a lot of Pagans I've met are very sexually open and aware, free and joyous but not neccesarily gay or bi. Just more...free.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Leith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:25 pm
I am not saying that is HAS anything to do with ANYTHING. I am simply stating one tribes traditions, and asking other pagans about it.

Would anyone like to hear more about it? I'll tell, but only if people are interested. The second part is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:44 pm
I am straight, but my boyfriend is bisexual. I think it's hot.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:48 pm
I think when you say witch/pagan/wiccan or any of those other religions like that, a lot of unknowning people assume we're vegan tree-hugging homosexual hippie stoners who have massive orgies on the night of the full moon and worship Satan or some other unholy entity. Not everyone thinks that, but I tend to notice that if my religion comes up at school, people tend to think I'm a lesbian.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:47 am
Leith
I am not saying that is HAS anything to do with ANYTHING. I am simply stating one tribes traditions, and asking other pagans about it.

I don't think anyone feels that you're trying to force an issue here- we're all just chatting on our ideas on the subject. No worries.^_^

Leith
Would anyone like to hear more about it? I'll tell, but only if people are interested. The second part is fun.

Then by all means, do tell.^_~  

WebenBanu

Leith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:02 pm
WebenBanu
Leith

I don't think anyone feels that you're trying to force an issue here- we're all just chatting on our ideas on the subject. No worries.^_^

Leith

Then by all means, do tell.^_~

Thank you. It's just that, in another thread I made, somone went after me for no reason, so I was a bit defensive that night.

So, according to the tribe, many of these gatekeepers are gay. Well, thanks largely in part to the Catholic Church (no comment needed) homosexuals are largely shunned in this country (With the exception of some lovely places like Vermont and Mass.) So, by shunning those whos job it is to protect our spiritual gates, we have opened our boarders up to all manner of demonic, discorporate, and bad spirits/energy.

Not a bad theory. It goes farther twords explaining things than some of the more 'mainstream' ones. Such as how Darwinism is responsible for abortion and homosexuality. stare Yea, those people are an example to the world of the dangers of inbreading.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:17 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
I think when you say witch/pagan/wiccan or any of those other religions like that, a lot of unknowning people assume we're vegan tree-hugging homosexual hippie stoners who have massive orgies on the night of the full moon and worship Satan or some other unholy entity. Not everyone thinks that, but I tend to notice that if my religion comes up at school, people tend to think I'm a lesbian.

There's nothing wron with a good orgy. It keeps popel involved in their spirituality. Oh, tonight's the full moon... Lovely timing there. And seeing how I won't be able to sleep anyway...

Now all I need is a nice clearing in a wood, and about 50 gallons of ceremonial wine...  

Leith

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:44 pm
How does an orgy keep people close to their spirituality? Especially is you need them drunk in order for one to happen? I think I'm going to start a new topic...sex magic.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:06 pm
lmao. What did I start? Woohoo! Ceremonial wine! Let's get druuunk~!  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Leith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:36 pm
EladrinStarmist
How does an orgy keep people close to their spirituality? Especially is you need them drunk in order for one to happen? I think I'm going to start a new topic...sex magic.

How is it spiritual? How is it NOT? Two people merging, ect. Not to mention, how often does someone shout "Dear god, here I come!!!" in church? Or during a ceremony? Almost never. For the most part ceemonies are regulated, ect. Bt during Sex Magic, as we shall call it, anything can happen. You're doing what feels right, open to the universe. I'm probably talking out of my a**, but I'm rather tired. blaugh  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff