• Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 am
Y do ppl hate twilight?! scream
Its and awesome book and movie!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:22 pm
User Image
Well, you know, we're all allowed an opinion, even if you disagree with it. I used to love the books a lot, but ever since the movie its just kind of turned to a "when I need to read something super fluffy" sort of book. I personally think the movie wasn't that great. The special effects looked terrible.
User Image

Angels_can_fly2

Jellycones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:29 pm
People are allowed to have their own opinions. There's some really popular books that I can just not get into.... So it's understandable. Twilight isn't a fad (though, I'm beginning to think otherwise...), it's a book series.

I love the book series. And have, for years.
I was so excited for the movie, that when I first saw it I loved it. I watched it again, then again, and again..... Inbetween watching other movies.
I realized that I was so infatuated with the fact that my favorite series was brought to life, that I didn't really pay attention to the details.
Twilight: The Movie, has lack of direction and the special effects were awkward and not so good. majority of the acting was good, but when the intense parts came it was built up so much, that when the climax actually came, it was a huge let down. I don't know. I love the movie, but only because it's Twilight. If you compare it to a different action filled love story film, it doesn't compare...

That's only MY opinion though.

I'm rooting for New Moon, the special effects already look better in the trailer....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:37 pm
User Image

Freedom of speech (even when some of it isn't needed)

Loved the books

And movies were....okay.

People are people what can you do? cheese_whine  

haloeclipse270

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:05 pm
Because, as Angels_can_fly2 said, the books are pure fluff.
Since finishing the series, I've read several books that I like a lot more than I like Twilight. I do thank Twilight for getting me back into reading...but it's just not the best thing on the planet anymore. I'll never go as far as to say that I hate the books, and I didn't quite hate the movie. Disliked it, yes, but I didn't quite hate it.
If I were to ever say that I hated something, I would say that it's fangirls like the OP that don't understand why people can have different opinions than themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:26 am
OP fangirls? What? I missed something there.

Anyways... I honestly think everyone is entitled to their opinions, ignorant or otherwise. I honestly thought I'd hate twilight, I've known about it way before the movie came out cause a friend of mine was really into it and I was like "Nah, I doubt I'll like it." I read it finally, liked it, not loved it... I didn't go into a Twilight fangirl rage like I did with HP. HP i was totally in love with.. then again it was the first series I really read and got me into reading again.

I still prefer a lot of other things to the books, hell even fan fiction I read seems to be better than the books some times.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Fangirls like the OP--which stands for "original poster".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 pm
The Kraken
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

ooh that makes sense *feels a little retarded now*  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

I-AM-GONE-HEH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 pm
i luvv the book n the movie but ppl r allowed 2 hav opinions 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
The Kraken
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

ooh that makes sense *feels a little retarded now*
Don't feel retarded! *Pat on back*  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:34 pm
Just because you think it's a great book and movie doesn't mean everyone has to. Personally, I hate the Harry Potter franchise, while most people think it is a great piece of literature. I think it's over done. J.K. Rowling squeezed all the life out of it half way through the series but kept on pushing for more anyways. Harry is some snot nosed, prodigy that is cocky in his own conceded good-doing way. Voldemort never seems to die even though Harry kills him at the end of every book. When does it end?

Don't be so high and mighty because you think that Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series is God's gift to the world. Everyone has opinions and no one is, in any way, required to like something that's popular among others.

Just like I can't stand Harry Potter, or music from Beyonce or anything else on the top 40 list, some people just don't like Twilight. It's not that big of a deal. Why do you care anyways? If some don't like it that doesn't mean that others cannot enjoy it.

I would compare this to trying to convert people to other religions. If they really wanted to be a part of whatever religion you are trying to promote, they would join it themselves. Just leave them alone. Leave the people that don't like Twilight alone, and in return they will leave us alone. Not everyone around you has to love a certain thing for you to still find pleasure out of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:10 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Just because you think it's a great book and movie doesn't mean everyone has to. Personally, I hate the Harry Potter franchise, while most people think it is a great piece of literature. I think it's over done. J.K. Rowling squeezed all the life out of it half way through the series but kept on pushing for more anyways. Harry is some snot nosed, prodigy that is cocky in his own conceded good-doing way. Voldemort never seems to die even though Harry kills him at the end of every book. When does it end?

Don't be so high and mighty because you think that Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series is God's gift to the world. Everyone has opinions and no one is, in any way, required to like something that's popular among others.

Just like I can't stand Harry Potter, or music from Beyonce or anything else on the top 40 list, some people just don't like Twilight. It's not that big of a deal. Why do you care anyways? If some don't like it that doesn't mean that others cannot enjoy it.

I would compare this to trying to convert people to other religions. If they really wanted to be a part of whatever religion you are trying to promote, they would join it themselves. Just leave them alone. Leave the people that don't like Twilight alone, and in return they will leave us alone. Not everyone around you has to love a certain thing for you to still find pleasure out of it.

well said. This is basically how I feel (though I don't feel like it came out right now....)  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kukira Shikari

4,800 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm
The books are good works of literature, but the movie ruined it. I'm sorry to all the disappointed fangirls, but Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 pm
__LadyKira4555__
The books are good works of literature, but the movie ruined it. I'm sorry to all the disappointed fangirls, but Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen.
Hahahaha, I agree with you one hundred percent! rofl  

WineChan

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:30 pm
__LadyKira4555__

I can't even post anything without people taking it offensively...

honestly... Anne Rice wrote great works of literacy, she may be over done but man... Her books have everything.

Stephanie Meyer is mediocre... I've heard her newer books have been better but the Twilight series wasn't that great, the way it was written was more like a fan girl writing all her fantasies on paper and making them into an original fan fiction story you'd see on fanfiction.net or something.

Honestly from what I could tell it almost seemed like the books were written for a more mature audience... but because of how basic it is written preteens love it more than adults. That's how it got it's label as a preteen novel, at least where I am anyways... that's why i didn't even bother giving it a chance until a close friend suggested it because it had a good romance plot to it.
I loved the idea of the book, the plot is what kept me... but man I complained a lot when I was reading it and seeing the sentence structures and just the wording was annoying me.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff