Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bioshock Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 am
Because the system shock 2 thread was turning into this...

I've been playing it, not too far in, but enough to get a good feel for it. It's a great game - but don't kid yourselves, it's an FPS with a little bit of character power development - it's far from an RPG, but it's still fantastic from what I've seen (and that's saying a lot coming from me)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm
Im just waiting on all the negativity now 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:23 pm
Me too. The game is very solid, just really easy unless you turn off the chambers. I'll just have to see how the second half is (I just completed the masterpiece thing)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:35 pm
Not usually a fan of FPS shooters but I liked this one. Even though it had a lame story the environment and game play was amazing. Although I thought it lacked enough weapons and those things you fire out of your hand (forgot the name). By the time I reached the half way point I found myself just using the same few weapons for the rest of the game.  

Razz-Berry 9

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm
Unless the story goes downhill after the halfway part, so far it's pretty great - what are some games with good stories in your opinion...?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm
One of my favorite games of all time. I love the story, the setting, and, well, pretty much everything else in it. Once I fought one, the Big Daddy's became my favorite videogame enemies ever.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am
I cant see how you find Bioshock's story to be lame. It was told well and a really great/horrifying society if you think about it. Especially if you pick up and listen to the tapes left on the ground. I mean Bioshock has one of the biggest plot twists that made me put down the controller and just sit there in awe. Just thinking about that one little detail that changed your whole view of the game. I applaud 2k Marin team and i cant wait for Bioshock 2  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:54 am
I'm currently working through the game; haven't had it too long and I'm so glad I got it. The game is a masterpiece. Good thing it was ported to PS3. mrgreen

Georgia Gator

Hilarious Genius

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:17 pm
Tron714
I cant see how you find Bioshock's story to be lame. It was told well and a really great/horrifying society if you think about it. Especially if you pick up and listen to the tapes left on the ground. I mean Bioshock has one of the biggest plot twists that made me put down the controller and just sit there in awe. Just thinking about that one little detail that changed your whole view of the game. I applaud 2k Marin team and i cant wait for Bioshock 2

The twist ruined it for me. The hypnotizing was decent but the whole Atlas is evil thing was predicted and bad to me. Loved the game, but I just thought that was the down point.

edited for spoilers
-Jon  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:44 pm
Jon, did he have the twist that you're being mind controlled in there? Or that the guy that's helping you is the final boss?

I know these spoilers, and I'm not even that far in the game, lol  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 am
nitnit
Jon, did he have the twist that you're being mind controlled in there? Or that the guy that's helping you is the final boss?

I know these spoilers, and I'm not even that far in the game, lol

Well poop on you, the experience is kinda ruined for you now  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:35 am
Well, people were running around in my high school telling everyone when the game came out a couple years ago.

Regardless, I beat it, overall the story and everything is great, but the last quarter of it is only good. I can definitely see what razz is complaining about, though he's a little harsh on it, seriously what is a better game that has come out in the past couple years with a better story? I'm sure there's one or two, but not that many.

I'm going to finish up some achievements and attempt a no chamber hard run, but right now jonnnn is borrowing it, lulz.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:42 am
nitnit
Well, people were running around in my high school telling everyone when the game came out a couple years ago.

Regardless, I beat it, overall the story and everything is great, but the last quarter of it is only good. I can definitely see what razz is complaining about, though he's a little harsh on it, seriously what is a better game that has come out in the past couple years with a better story? I'm sure there's one or two, but not that many.

I'm going to finish up some achievements and attempt a no chamber hard run, but right now jonnnn is borrowing it, lulz.

Nope, I took my Soul Calibur and L4D home only to realize that Resident Evil is in the SC case. I'll play that for a bit and borrow Bioshock later.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 pm
Now i wanna run thru the game again. I stupidly didnt get all the gun upgrades and some reason the research achivements did not unlock for me. So another run thru is a must for me. 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:57 pm
You do know there's like 4 levels of research right? You have to fill up the bar like 4 times.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff