Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Off with her head!
  O_O'
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 pm
I visited my brother the other day and he asked if I knew about Tim Burton's vision of Alice in Wonderland and that Depp was playing the Mad Hatter. I did....and then he asked if I had seen pictures-which I had not. So he gave me this surprise....

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter (Alice's love interest....O_o)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen(Her head is increased 3x it's size)

Anne Hathaway as the White Queen

Others....

Mia Wasikowska as Alice

Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar

Christopher Lee as the Jabberwock

Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit

I think this shall be an interesting film.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 pm
I think it'll be interesting, definitely, but I'm a bit scared of it, honestly.

I'm afraid that the movie itself with be overshadowed by the fact that it is by Tim Burton and will undoubtably end up the new thing for Hot Topic scene kids to obsess over.

I'm just in one of those "why do people who shop at Hot Topic think they're so amazingly unique because they're so 'gothic'" moods though, so that could just be the teenage angst talking.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm
Yeah...you're not the only one. I'm a bit scared myself (was not expecting the 'Carrot Top' hair')....especially of Depp's character....as much as I admire him. But when I saw a photo of him smile as the character is was creepy. lol

I've been to Hot Topic a couple of times. Only ever bought one thing and it was a studded bracelet that was half priced. Though I'll being going back sometime since my cousin got me a gift card for it. I'm actually more amused looking at their merchandise than buying it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:35 pm
Weird, I saw some of these pictures several days ago.

Links-
Mainly some pictures above but with the Tweedles. Same actor as the Red Queen.
Pictures of Alice and some scenery from the movie. Very detailed...

Death Shikaku

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 pm
I don't know what to say. I'm kinda looking forward to it but I know it's gonna be another "Twilight" Or "Pirate of the Caribbean" thing. At least most likely. We won't hear the end of it until Waaayyy later. ^^

But I hope they make it good and its not a disappointment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm
*excited girly squeals*

omg Matt Lucas is the tweedle-dum&dee!!!!!!

oh lord, I'm one of THOSE people XD  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 pm
dragontamer363
*excited girly squeals*

It's okay DT, we forgive you. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm
Good good biggrin  

dragontamer363
Crew

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 am
I think it looks cool.
I am a little excited about it since it is a Tim Burton film, but that only means that it better be good. I'm still waiting and watching...
Of course, I do the same thing when I hear of a new Hiyao Miyazaki film, too.

Hmm... Wait, I've only known Tim Burton to do the whole claymation thing, like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Corraline. (I have yet to see the last two, though.)

Is this the first time he's used real actors, or have I missed some movies... or a lot of them???  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
I don't know what to say. I'm kinda looking forward to it but I know it's gonna be another "Twilight" Or "Pirate of the Caribbean" thing. At least most likely. We won't hear the end of it until Waaayyy later. ^^

God, I hope it ain't going to be like those two! I hate both of them!!!  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am
Zizzykitty
dragontamer363
*excited girly squeals*

It's okay DT, we forgive you. xd

lol DT too?!? Nooo!!
XD It's ok we love you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 am
Black_Angel_Flowne
Moonlight_HuangHou

God, I hope it ain't going to be like those two! I hate both of them!!!

lol Prepare yourself! It's going to be crazy.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:43 am
Black_Angel_Flowne

Hmm... Wait, I've only known Tim Burton to do the whole claymation thing, like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Corraline. (I have yet to see the last two, though.)

Is this the first time he's used real actors, or have I missed some movies... or a lot of them???

He's done multiple live action films. They just don't explode into Hot Topic popularity like his claymation ones do. (I am a believer in the saying that Hot Topic "sells individuality". They have some cool stuff but if the only reason you can distinguish yourself from the "normal crowd" is because you're "so unique" because you buy clothes from Hot Topic then you're a sheep just like the rest of the world.)

My favorite Tim Burton movie is actually Big Fish. Other live action movies that have become relatively popular by him are Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow(The one that came out in '99 with Johnny Depp. Thought I'd be more specific since there are so many movies based on that story they get confusing), Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Sweeney Todd.

Here is his filmography if you were curious.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 am
I know what you mean about hot Topic. It's a bit like that over here with H&M and Blue Banana. It's 'goth''neon-emo' conformity really.

Anywhoo, big fish was great, although I think the concept ideas and the cinematography of it outweighed the story. i've loved bettlejuice ever since I was a kid, and sleepu hollow is awesome. So far I don't tink i've seen a film of his I didn't like, although I found Corpse Bride to be a bit below standard, kind of recycling rather than innovating. He's certainly got a style of his own, which is what people love.
(I can't wtach Eward scissorhands though - makes me cry like a baby haha)  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:57 pm
H&M here is actually a pretty hip store. I find it kind of funny when you say it's like Hot Topic there. Buying H&M clothes here doesn't make you "unique" as ffar as I know.

But I agree with Big Fish. The story wasn't phenomenal but the cinemotography was great. It's still my favorite either way.
I also agree with Corpse Bride. It did really feel like a recycling, like I was watching Nighmare again but with different characters or something.
I never watched Sleepy Hollow or Beetlejuice but I finally watched Edward Scissorhands all the way through on HBO a while ago, it was a cute movie. I liked the contrast between him and the town itself.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff