Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Patron crisis! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:18 am
Okay, so lately I've been wondering who exactly wants me, knowing that not everyone gets called.

When I first set up my alter and prayed to a Goddess, I felt this over whelming love. Yet, I only said "The goddess" because I had no name or face for the one that showed me so much love that first day of praying. And I even say "The god" to just make sure if I'm not missing anyone. Almost like praying and saying "To all who are listening." only a bit more defined.

I began to meditate on it and thinking about who, why and what would want me as their "child" a few months back, then gave up. Only to pick up the detective work this week again. I was coming up with all kinds of reasons why and why not a God would want me or call to me.

I am drawn to all Goddesses, I began to see. And it bothered me. I couldn't figure out why I was drawn to all, but nothing seemed to call out to me.

So, I prayed last night on my mini alter for a sign, a face, and a name. Just anything as to who wanted me if anyone wanted me.

Then I had a dream, I don't remember much, however at the end of the dream someone told me in a calm loving voice. "You are great." I felt very.. comforted by this..

Then I fell back asleep and forgot about what ever there was before the loving voice.

Then when I finally woke up. I kept thinking of who the precious voice came from and all I kept getting was the name "Danu" in my head over and over again. I had heard of this Goddess but knew nothing about her. Though, I am afraid afraid I amy not beable to worship her... You know how only Celts gods promised to be only worshipped by celts and Wiccans with their Gods/esses. etc.

Does anyone know anything about Danu?

All words are appreciated and thanked.

heart

Sorry if everything seems a bit broken and arranged weird in my paragraphs, I'm slight flustered, excited, afraid, loved and a bunch more emotions jumbled together.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm
Lol, so I've calmed down since I posted this. I'm a bit disappointed that no one has posted, But then again I guess I needed time to think.

I've come to the conculsion that I feel very connected to her, However I still worry that there may be a catch to this. I have already begun thinking of alter choices and trying to find out more about her.

I still would appreciate information about her, if it's possable.

This feels very right, you guys.

Namikikyo

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 pm
Dont worry to much about people njot replying. most don't come on to post until like 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. texas time.(My time) wink

As for the information you're looking for, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be much help. I know next to nothing about the celtic traditions/gods/goddesses.

question though,
Is there any chance there could be a bit of irish in you?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 am
There is a cause to worry, actually. She is an Irish goddess, and as such, she is most probably under geas to the Gael.

By that I mean that the gods of the Gael took an oath to their people to accept worship from them, and only them. Basically, this means that unless you practise the traditions and culture of the Gael, that pantheon is closed to you.

Now, for whatever reason, Danu herself may not have taken that oath. I don't know enough about the Irish pantheon to be able to say. But I would recommend proceeding with caution, and remember the best way to respect a god of the Gael is from afar.

Viiii, do you have that website?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 am
I think part of the problem is that many of the Irish Gods/Goddesses were very tied to the local area/cultures that they are from, so taking them out of those contexts, doesn't work so well. It doesn't help that many of the texts that discuss the oaths that they took, are not in English, and finding a translated version is apparently near to impossible.

Danu
Tuatha Dé Danann  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 am
Sanguina Cruenta
There is a cause to worry, actually. She is an Irish goddess, and as such, she is most probably under geas to the Gael.

By that I mean that the gods of the Gael took an oath to their people to accept worship from them, and only them. Basically, this means that unless you practise the traditions and culture of the Gael, that pantheon is closed to you.

Now, for whatever reason, Danu herself may not have taken that oath. I don't know enough about the Irish pantheon to be able to say. But I would recommend proceeding with caution, and remember the best way to respect a god of the Gael is from afar.

Viiii, do you have that website?

This is what I was afraid of. I knew there was a catch.

I looked around and all I can get from several articales is that she is either celtic, irish, or hindu, and a few other Goddesses could be her from other pantheons or inspired by her. I'm not sure what's true about her, However if it turns out in the long run that she took the oath, then I will look into other Goddesses with that name. Just in case.

Is there any way I could find out if she took that oath? Maybe there is an irish pagan on gaia?

Thank you for you help, btw. :]

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 am
ncsweet
I think part of the problem is that many of the Irish Gods/Goddesses were very tied to the local area/cultures that they are from, so taking them out of those contexts, doesn't work so well. It doesn't help that many of the texts that discuss the oaths that they took, are not in English, and finding a translated version is apparently near to impossible.

Danu
Tuatha Dé Danann

Well, from what I've read in these articales {Which were very very helpful, I might add. Thank you.} her people came to Ireland, and from other articales I've read Danu moved around a lot.

So maybe... there is a possability she didn't take the oath?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:48 am
Artistic Genocide
Dont worry to much about people njot replying. most don't come on to post until like 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. texas time.(My time) wink

As for the information you're looking for, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be much help. I know next to nothing about the celtic traditions/gods/goddesses.

question though,
Is there any chance there could be a bit of irish in you?

I was sort of freaking out, and I guess I was impatient. Sorry.

All words are appreciated, Genocide. xD No matter what you have to say.

I do have irish in my blood, But this is not the case. The oath the irish Gods and Goddesses took is beyond blood. You have to be of the land. Basically born and brought up there.

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:56 pm
Okay, I've been thinking. If it happens that she did take the oath, I would like to know something..

If I can't worship Danu, Why would she answer my call and say such sweet things to me like I was her child? I really felt a connection..

I mean, I didn't even know much about her until yesterday!

I don't understand.. Could there be a reason for this? Has this ever happened before?

I know I could just be over reacting, But I'm sorta heart broken over all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:29 pm
CELT might be helpful. (Is that the on you were talking about San? )

Also, there are the Celtic texts at Sacred Texts.

I would test this entity to ensure that it is in fact Danu. And if it is Danu...you would probably want to really think about taking on a liar as a patron.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:50 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
CELT might be helpful. (Is that the on you were talking about San? )

Also, there are the Celtic texts at Sacred Texts.

I would test this entity to ensure that it is in fact Danu. And if it is Danu...you would probably want to really think about taking on a liar as a patron.

I wish I knew how to test an entity. I'm currently trying to construct a spell that would help me get a clearer view on my pantron goddess, just incase I might be mistaken or this was a clue as to look in Danu's direction. I'm just not sure how to go at it, you know?

But at least I know now that I may have one, rather then believing I'm one of the ones that have no one claiming them.

I find it hard to believe that she would break an oath to her people for someone as little as me...

Do you think maybe I should look at what she is the Goddess of and maybe look in that direction? Because I have never seen a Goddess so.. so connected with and being apart of. Water, Magic.. I almost want to say war, But I'm not sure if that was true or not about her and Morrigan.

EDIT: I'm reading these texts and they are really helpful, Violet. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm
Namikikyo
I wish I knew how to test an entity. I'm currently trying to construct a spell that would help me get a clearer view on my pantron goddess, just incase I might be mistaken or this was a clue as to look in Danu's direction. I'm just not sure how to go at it, you know?

I've heard that one test some folks use is to try to ask the deity to a place they wouldn't normally be in; say, a subway. Or the middle of a highway. If it actually is the diety, they won't appear differently. If it's a thoughtform or something else, it won't maintain the "correct" appearance. If that makes sense.

I think for those deities there might be specific challenges or questions, but I'm not for certain.

Quote:
Do you think maybe I should look at what she is the Goddess of and maybe look in that direction? Because I have never seen a Goddess so.. so connected with and being apart of. Water, Magic.. I almost want to say war, But I'm not sure if that was true or not about her and Morrigan.

EDIT: I'm reading these texts and they are really helpful, Violet. Thank you.

No problem wink . I know it's a lot of reading, so good luck.

You might try that; I wouldn't have though to try to approach from that direction, actually!

Oi. Morrigan. I would be pretty scared if the Morrigan were knocking on my door, TBH.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:25 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I've heard that one test some folks use is to try to ask the deity to a place they wouldn't normally be in; say, a subway. Or the middle of a highway. If it actually is the diety, they won't appear differently. If it's a thoughtform or something else, it won't maintain the "correct" appearance. If that makes sense.

I think for those deities there might be specific challenges or questions, but I'm not for certain.

That's very interesting. I am really connected with water the point I feel like I have a water Goddess as my Patron. So.. if she is a water Goddess. I would have to call her around water.

But if I called her with fire.. she shouldn't be able to come, right? I think that's what I'm getting from this... Am I on the right track? lol.

Quote:
No problem wink . I know it's a lot of reading, so good luck.

You might try that; I wouldn't have though to try to approach from that direction, actually!

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of reading! It's a shame I could never worship any of these deities. They are so magnificent!

Anyways, so you think it could be that? Any deities I talk to usually send me clues with pictures or a feeling, this is the first time I've had a name. But then again, as I get stronger, I guess a name isn't out of the ordinary for clues.

Quote:
Oi. Morrigan. I would be pretty scared if the Morrigan were knocking on my door, TBH.

Ah! I'd be pretty frightened too after what I've read!

On the brightside, I feel a lot better now... So she couldn't be my Patron Goddess, But at least now I know I have one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 pm
Namikikyo
Violet Song jat Shariff

That's very interesting. I am really connected with water the point I feel like I have a water Goddess as my Patron. So.. if she is a water Goddess. I would have to call her around water.

But if I called her with fire.. she shouldn't be able to come, right? I think that's what I'm getting from this... Am I on the right track? lol.

Maybe try asking her to meet you in the mountains? Or in the desert perhaps.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, that's a lot of reading! It's a shame I could never worship any of these deities. They are so magnificent!

Anyways, so you think it could be that? Any deities I talk to usually send me clues with pictures or a feeling, this is the first time I've had a name. But then again, as I get stronger, I guess a name isn't out of the ordinary for clues.

Could be. I can't say for sure since I'm not experiencing what you're experiencing wink .

Quote:
Ah! I'd be pretty frightened too after what I've read!

On the brightside, I feel a lot better now... So she couldn't be my Patron Goddess, But at least now I know I have one.

heart  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:43 pm
Quote:

Maybe try asking her to meet you in the mountains? Or in the desert perhaps.

That sounds great. I'm really glad you told me this, It will help me in the long run.

Quote:
Could be. I can't say for sure since I'm not experiencing what you're experiencing wink .

heart

Ah, But I'm sure other's have. biggrin I know someone out there is experencing this and when I meet them I can help them through the same thing.

Thank you so much Violet, You've really put me back on my feet. Thank you. heart  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games