Worst 4th of July ever... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:58 pm
Well, I can officially say this Independence Day SUCKED. I basically sat at home all day, twiddling my thumbs. We didn't get fireworks, and even if we had, we live in California and my parents will only buy legal fireworks, meaning they would have been incredibly lame. It doesn't sound like the 4th of July out there, it sounds like a ******** war zone. And on top of that, some ******** set off a firework that was SUPPOSED to go off in the air. It didn't; it went off on the ground and showered my family and some friends with sparks, leaving burn marks on clothing.

Hope you guys are having a better time than I am...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 pm
I worked.

And sat off a single bottle rocket.

But I did it freely. And that's what this is about.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:27 am
I DID NOTHING

But really, it was my choice. And my backwards-a** town had the fireworks on the THIRD, when it POURED RAIN. Had 'em anyway. Saw a couple as I drove by.

Considered lighting off some Dragonsbreath, but I don't have access to a shotgun. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:29 am
Yeah, we went to the fireworks that went on on the 3rd. Didn't rain, but the finally was just... fireworks done.

Kind of lame.  

Barru

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:23 pm
In Oregon sparklers, smokers, and fountains are pretty much all that's allowed. Nothing that shoots projectiles, sparks and crackles that are launched can not travel more than 5 feet, and nothing that can explode is allowed. My grandpa had a bunch of fire crackers about as old as I am though. It was pretty boring though.

We left around 6 to get to the middle school where the display is usually at. After 7 it's impossible to find a parking spot. When we got there there was no band stage, no people, nothing. We asked around to find the display was at the air museum outside of town. When we got there we parked in a different location and had no problem finding a place to park. We had to sit around for 4 hours before the display started. Fortunately I brought my guitar and MP3 player.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:25 pm
Barru
Yeah, we went to the fireworks that went on on the 3rd. Didn't rain, but the finally was just... fireworks done.

Kind of lame.
Ours was pretty good. There was a part where there was a shotgun effect. About 8 or 10 flares were launched radiating from a single point. It almost gave the effect of a line of jets flying overhead in an action movie. biggrin  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
In Oregon sparklers, smokers, and fountains are pretty much all that's allowed. Nothing that shoots projectiles, sparks and crackles that are launched can not travel more than 5 feet, and nothing that can explode is allowed. My grandpa had a bunch of fire crackers about as old as I am though. It was pretty boring though.
EVERYTHING is illegal here, and understandably so. It's dry as s**t. Last time I shot off dragonsbreath it burned a bit farther than I thought, and I caught a bush on fire. Had to whip out the fire extinguisher.

Of course, we have about a dozen indian reservations in AZ which aren't governed by state law, so fireworks are common anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm
My uncle said I had no respect for firearms because I feel I know enough about firearm safety that I don't have to take a class. After leaving that cookout, I had to give my woman the car and watched my favorite episode of the Twilight zone and went to bed at 9:30.  

OO23OO

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:14 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
EVERYTHING is illegal here, and understandably so. It's dry as s**t. Last time I shot off dragonsbreath it burned a bit farther than I thought, and I caught a bush on fire. Had to whip out the fire extinguisher.

Of course, we have about a dozen indian reservations in AZ which aren't governed by state law, so fireworks are common anyway.
Eastern Oregon gets pretty dry, but here in the Valley our rainy season is 8 months of the year just about. I get the feeling it's to protect idiots from themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm
We just go into Wisconsin for the good fireworks.  

Barru

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image

I'm sorry to hear about all you guys' bad 4ths. But I had a great time. We waited until about 9 yesterday, then we set off these fireworks we'd had since like 2006. Warzone Fountains, Roman Candles, M80s, the list goes on. They were all illegal, but the police and sheriff don't respond to fireworks calls anymore. I had a good time.

User Image
Formerly Known As MLempire14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:59 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Well, I can officially say this Independence Day SUCKED. I basically sat at home all day, twiddling my thumbs. We didn't get fireworks, and even if we had, we live in California and my parents will only buy legal fireworks, meaning they would have been incredibly lame. It doesn't sound like the 4th of July out there, it sounds like a ******** war zone. And on top of that, some ******** set off a firework that was SUPPOSED to go off in the air. It didn't; it went off on the ground and showered my family and some friends with sparks, leaving burn marks on clothing.

Hope you guys are having a better time than I am...

Well I met this cute chick while camping. She came over from Minnesota but we added each other on myspace and exchanged phone numbers. Her uncle is friends with my uncle so chances are we will meet again soon wink

So yea, mine was pretty cool.

-Rain  

Rain Duvell

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:40 pm
Fresnel
I DID NOTHING

But really, it was my choice. And my backwards-a** town had the fireworks on the THIRD, when it POURED RAIN. Had 'em anyway. Saw a couple as I drove by.

Considered lighting off some Dragonsbreath, but I don't have access to a shotgun. crying
Wait, where the hell did you get Dragonsbreath?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:57 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
I DID NOTHING

Yeah, seriously.  

Krilliad

Rain Duvell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:28 pm
Battlefield Reaper
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
I DID NOTHING

Yeah, seriously.

I could use some Dragonsbreath ninja

-Rain  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out