Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
-- Colour-Coded -- {Post-Apocalyptic}-{REBIRTH} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Returning? New? Specating?
Returned!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
I'm new here...
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
I'm just watching.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I just like gold. :D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 pm
Virgil's Journal
Day 42 : 17:42

The infected seem to be increasing their numbers...however, what I have come to see more of is nothing even close to resembling a human. These new horrors are more gruesome, bigger, and more terrifying than even I could've imagined. Can the infected evolve into these things? Or are they the result of mutation of some other poor animal?

It has been two weeks now, since I've seen another uninfected human being. Mind you, I've only been able to travel several blocks through the city since then. Never before had I realized how huge this place was...is this happening outside the city? There was no way to know...before the infection was even really known about, all of the power was cut out throughout the city--no radio, television...nothing.

I made my way to what was once a highly-guarded government building. The security took a long time to breach, but I managed. Down in the basement, I made an extremely unsettling find: the whole pandemic (or epidemic, for all I know) was planned. I hacked into what seemed to be the central computer and also found that they had made predictions that some of us, such as myself, would display alternative mutations. They included a wide variety of supernatural powers...they were labeled as such:

"BLUE: the ability mimic others' physical strength, agility, etc.
RED: the ability to summon the entities"--"entities"? Like gods?

"YELLOW: the ability to change physical shape
GREEN: the ability to send out a variety of mental signals"--this must have been me...

"PURPLE: the ability to produce non-elemental explosions
BLACK: the ability to control the elements
WHITE: the ability to heal
GREY: the ability to modify the amount and type of light in an area"

As disturbed and betrayed as this all makes me feel, it gives me hope...is there anyone else out there who survived?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HOKAY. so...a few things:
-BEHAVE.
-DON'T BEHAVE AND I'LL KICK YOU OUT.
-Be creative. Not just with your character, but with their actions. Try and give us something that we can respond to...makes sense, amirite?
-This takes place in a large, modern-time city...it has no name. It is simply...THE CITY. So that means that your character shouldn't have been raised by an Amazon tribe, makes sense too, right?
-If you have a logical "color" idea, please PM me with it. Even if you don't want it, I'd like to add it to the list.
-Uh...P/IM me if you have any questions...?

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:39 pm
Here's how you give people in to participate this time around: You're going to PM me the template (and a matching picture if you want.). Of course, I expect it filled out with your character's information. And if you're like me, and like to include a fancy icon-y thing next to your post, try to make it about 400x700 pixels in size. Oh, and one per person, for now.

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Colour:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
[b]Gaia Username:[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:41 pm
Liste o' Dramtick Personae

Character Name: Manisa "Mika" Fabosen
Appearance: Five foot eleven, long brown hair, and likes to tie it out of her eyes with ribbons. He outfit tends to change. Shopping sprees are her fix, along with music, thought always makes sure to wear good sturdy tennis shoes. Large green eyes, a small nose and heart shaped face. She always has a walk man. She does not know how to use such a thing as an 'ipod' or 'mp3'.
Bio: The wave of infection swept through when she was actually at a bad time in her life. But she can't remember that. She can't remember how she and her girlfriend had managed to escape easily with their lives and how she watched her die in front of her eyes. All she could remember was the one other friend she found in her aimless wanderings, and how they were ambushed and attacked and how they were separated. She can only know what she loves now, for each day is a new adventure to discover what she's lost.
Personality: Bright, bubbly, spunky, feisty. All of it is a way to carry through the day, to try to find a light in this dark time. But she only knows how to smile from model's pictures. Thus it is perfect, but she has no knowledge of how to truly smile.
Colour: Grey
Weapon: Two daggers she does not truly know how to use, but loves to nontheless, for a reason she can't understand.
Theme Song: Mendes - Humanoid
Gaia Username: SpunyOtaku.

Character Name: Marilla Lee
Appearance: Marilla has dark brown hair that's long and layered out, along with sweeping bangs. Her large eyes are a matching brown hue, and she has light, fair skin. She has long eyelashes, and she blushes pretty easily, so her cheeks are usually painted a rosy pink. Marilla is usually found wearing contrasting outfits: an old-fashioned button-down white blouse and black flared jeans, or perhaps a stylish tank top paired with a geeky pleated miniskirt and mismatching knee-high socks. She has a pretty random fashion sense since she can be seen wearing a costume-like Gothic Lolita skirt with a knit polo tee, or dress pants with a casual and baggy sweater. She is always found wearing sneakers - nothing else. And white crew socks. Marilla wears no jewelry except for one silver ring on her right middle finger, but she likes tying her hair in a side pony with a pretty scrunchie, or sometimes a plain elastic. She occasionally leaves her hair loose, too. User Image
Bio: Marilla grew up as an only child, and slightly spoiled at that. She was usually lonely, though, and always stayed cooped up in the house. She often wondered how her life might have been if she were someone else. Marilla loved to read, since books were her sort of escape and refuge. She always longed for adventure, much like the heroes in the stories she adored so much. She got adventure one day, but it was not like anything she ever wanted. Her parents became infected, out of the blue, and turned into horrible monsters. She screamed, and tried to talk to them, but they weren't her parents anymore. They were eerie creatures, monsters. She was infected too, but she didn't know until later. Her parents tried to kill her, and she fled out the door. She kept on running...and running...as far away from the house as possible.
Personality: Marilla can be emotional, which means easy to make smile, quick to cry, and easily angered as well. Her emotions can be brought out by almost anyone. She is an intelligent person, thanks to all the books and stories she enjoys. She is a very loyal friend, so her friends can be sure that she will be there for them. However, if they betray her, she is definitely not quick to forgive. Marilla sometimes acts more mature than her age, since she knows a lot about the world. But, she can also act more childish since she has a strange innocent and quirky quality to her. She tends to cockk her head to the side when she talks, which adds to this effect. It also sometimes makes her look shy, when in reality, she is not that shy of a person. She can be outgoing and friendly when she is in a good mood.
Colour: Red
Weapon: None. She does not know how to fight with a 'real' weapon, and does not know her powers yet. Once she figures it out, then she will use her special powers as a weapon.
Theme Song: Anything but Ordinary - Avril Lavigne
Gaia Username: Otulissa

Character Name: Virgil Lifeson
Appearance: Virgil keeps himself with average height of 5'5, and low-average weight of 110 lbs. His short, bright blue hair has become but an unkempt mop above his head. His gaze, behind a blue-tinted shade, comes from hetero-chromatically hued eyes. The left is a bright sparkling blue, and the other is the exact color of a perfectly cut emerald. He is usually found wearing a black long sleeved shirt, with his trusty blue overshirt thrown over top, and baggy black khakis, and a pair of simple black running shoes. From his neck is a silver chain, with a simple good luck charm hanging from it.
Bio: Virgil was born in Corner Brook, Newfoundland to a pair of ordinary parents. Through that, he led a rather ordinary life, like any sort of average joe. He went through school wanting nothing more than an easy going life. He went through as a musician, and even managed to group a band together, and win a few contests and open house nights. He got a part-time job as a mechanic, and fixed all sorts of things, mostly vehicles. He went onto University for music, hoping to get into the music business as a record-producer, and get some music done as well. But you know, just the issue of a certain infection...
Personality: Virgil is an outwardly friendly kind of guy, optimistic and trusting. Usually seen with a smile on his face working at something or other. He is slow to anger and annoy, seeing as such things don't accomplish anything more than a sour view. He views situations out of the proverbial box, preferring an odd solution when a normal one is far out of reach. Virgil's also what people call a "go-getter", and gladly throws himself headfirst into a problem or a situation. Flying by the seat of his pants? You bet.
Colour: Green
Weapon: Duesenburg Bass Starplayer, reinforced of course.
Theme Song: Carry on Wayward Son ~ Kansas.
Gaia Username: Virgil Lifeson

Name: Kaslin Conte
Color: Yellow.
Appearance: Kaslin's real appearance is a short girl with blond hair cut in a bob, brown eyes, and a surprisingly pretty face. She's not supermodel material, Kaslin likes her food too much. She dresses comfortable, if it's warm, shorts and tanks, cold, sweats. She changes to fit the clothes, instead of finding things in her size.
Bio: Kaslin was one of the first in her area to develope symptoms of the disease, but instead of becomming a monster, she found herself able to change her appearance. At first, she changed to look like the others, until she was able to get away. Since then, she has been on the run, looking for a cure or a way to get away.
Weapon: Louieville Slugger.
Theme song:  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:58 pm
((Shall we start or wait for more members?))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:03 pm
((Can we please start?))  

Sol Matsuyumi

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 pm
[[I was kind of hoping for more people...ah well. Maybe more will come along as things go on. Also, recycled post is recycled. razz ]]

Today's job? His current house was falling apart. Within a couple days, less if people walked into it, the house wouldn't be such anymore. So, the task was to find a new place. Virgil looked for, specifically, a big place that could house a whole bunch of nifty stuff. A place to make fortifications, and a cozy place to settle down in the middle of the craziness outside.

What used to be a small mall, Virgil was going through the place. Priorities included making sure the place was well-lit, that there were no infected lurking around, and it was all locked up nice and tight. And, for the most part, it was well done in all of those. In fact, the outside speakers were playing Helloween music at the moment, Born On Judgement Day in fact, in hopes that somebody would come and find the huge mural that pointed to a red button. Pressing said button would call a pager set to Virgil's belt.

Virgil's current job, however, was absolutely making sure there were no infected. The one floor mall had about seven small shops in it. None of which were weapon shops, or anything useful beyond the very small food court. Gripping his guitar tightly in one hand, near the body, and the other hand holding a flashlight with a soft red glow coming out of it, he was finishing his rounds of searching the place down. No moans, he thought to himself, peering into an LCBO, That's good. Don't want to waste any decent liquor here. Cautiously going around in the store, Virgil deemed the place clean. Sighing with relief, he checked his pager again for signs that he's been paged. Finding it empty, still, he checked the makeshift barricades at each entrance way, beyond the grates the mall had already put into place. With nothing else to do, he started to take out the few seats left in the food court and piled them in as well. The more the better, and there really only needed to be one entrance/exit...if at all, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:02 am

[Also recycled surprised ]

Kaslin Conte had her arms draped over the baseball bat slung over her shoulders, and was wandering along, nonchalant. She hadn't run into another non-infected human being in what seemed like ages, but was really more like a week. She wasn't worried though, food wasn't hard to come by, just go into the nearest apartment and grab some. She wasn't worried about her saftey either. Just hit the nasties in the head a few times and eventually they would stop following her. And as for company, well, she never really needed any, even though she was sometimes very sociable. Well, she was before the Big Bad, as she liked called it, althought there was nothing really likable about it.

She stepped over a piece of rubble, and slipped, but quickly regained her balance. She was in a section of town that looked to have been a victim of rioting. Her current appearance was that of a gymnast or athlete, slender, and had a pretty face. She had seen the girl, Nadia, on a billboard, and since she was still learning to control her newfound power, she had inadvertently changed. It didn't really bother her thought, she'd end up changing back eventually, and then she'd probably change into another person and on and on until she learned to control the blasted ability. She slipped again, so deep in her thoughts. She thought so much about her ability, how and why she got it, why she didn't die. All in all, not the most cheery of things, but it's how she passed the days.

She almost didn't notice the music, or the fact that she had entered into a nicer part of town, unburned, mercifully, with plenty of shelters. It was only when she almost walked into a lamp-post that she actually stopped and looked around. The music was sort of eerie, echoing about the empty square. She was somewhat surprised there were no infected about. Usually they were attracted to light, movement, or sound. Or maybe not, after all, she didn't know much about them besides the fact they kept trying to kill her. She decided to follow it, perhaps she wanted to shut it off, perhaps she hoped it would lead her to shelter. Even she wasn't really sure, but ten minutes later she was stopped outside what looked like an abandoned mall. There was an overly large painting that was pointing to a red button. It was clear what the painter wanted her to do, but she hung back a bit.

There were many things that ran through her mind, first and formost, it was a trap. But the infected weren't that smart. So maybe it was abandoned, the button long since lost it's purpose. In that case there'd be no harm in pushing it. She inched a finger out, then pulled it back in, before inching it out again. After a moment, she blew out her breath in one big sigh. This is so stupid, she thought, and then pushed the big red button. Sort of anti-climactically, nothing happened. She sighed and tried the doors, which were--no surprise--locked, and grated. She waited for several minutes, before finally turning around, and looking for what seemed to be the best way to go.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:14 pm
((This is sort of recycled, but I added stuff in here and there...))

Marilla wandered around in utter shock, sort of in a strange, dream-like daze. She had run away from her home for a few days by now, and she just found out, moments before, her special ability. No...no... she thought with sad eyes. I...I've been infected?! Was...was it from my parents? Or what? This is so scary... I mean seriously! Why me, why me? Marilla had no idea how or when she had been infected. But she assumed she was infected, considering the freaky stuff that happened earlier. She had leaned against one of the interior walls of the run-down mall, and started to cry. She always longed to have adventure, but this was not at all how she had imagined it to turn out to be. She still found it extremely difficult to believe that her parents had turned into sheer monsters! She was a young teenager, after all. Then... she didn't know how, but as she longed for comfort, she had felt something nudge her head gently. Looking up, she had screamed out. It...it was a pegasus! Yes, a winged white horse. Then, as the horse sensed her fear, it had disappeared as quickly as it had come. And now, that was why Marilla was wandering around the mall aimlessly, in shock.

She walked into the small Food Court, without knowing exactly where she was. The details of the Food Court around her were blurred because she was not paying much attention. Marilla's emotions were overwhelming her, and her eyes were still red from her tears, and her cheeks were flushed a hot crimson-scarlet-rosy mix.

Marilla let out a long, drawn-out sigh, and sank down so she was sitting against an old table, and she pulled her knees in toward her and buried her face in her dark indigo jeans as she started to sniffle and cry forlornly. Her sneakers' shoelaces were frayed and dirty, she noticed as she fingered the shoelaces' ends.

((By the way, did you get my profile yet, Eikre?))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:03 pm
Every day it was the same. So everyday the music broke through the dead silence of the city. So everyday a party of death raved in the single little corner. Evening, this time. It was a different time everyday. More chances of new audiences. The broken window of the music store flashed with rave colors as the music pounded through the beams and support of the building. The stereo speakers shook in their transmission and blaring call as the girl danced. In an American mood, Circus played as the seductive hint of a meal. The voice of the once hated Spears brought felt comfort as the girl swung her hips and body to the shaking beat, feeling the base and music in her very core.

In her hand she held a microphone, in her ears a pair of earplugs. She risked closing her eyes, to loose herself and shake her tight nerves. Her heart pounded and soared while her body buzzed with adrenaline. Her skin was already moist with sweat, both from exertion and excitement. Her long hair swirled and danced with her rocking and stepping body as her blue eyes sharpened in preparation, ignoring the two daggers at his feet.

How long had she done this? Another game for another night. Perhaps she should change her nickname to Venus. All infected flies eventually came to her sweet nectar promise of blood. Made since, right? Put on the performance, and see who came flocking.

There was one… she danced as the blue skinned lizard stepped from a corner across the street. She kept dancing.
Two… one a sickly purple, looked more like a gorilla.
Three. A green thing she could not even identify, coming right around the window.

Holy s**t, there were three. The infected spotted each other, and saw the competition for food and space, and a fight. The second they did, Mika knew to throw her microphone behind her. The ear-raking shriek from the equipment made the monsters cry out as Mika grabbed her daggers.

Sure enough, the infected had already gotten to the window frame before the microphone even banged against the speakers. Their speed was something familiar. With a war cry Mika ran forward, as the lights hooked up suddenly flared in a blinding screen. Her eyes honed in easily on the closest beast, the green thing that had been almost above her. The first dagger pierced the verdigris hide and the other slashed at the belly. The beast pulled away and clawed at her clothes and striking the skin of her abdominal, leaving her with only one dagger as the first got caught in the ribs.

s**t, one with claws. Please, don’t let them be venomous. She turned to the purple one and slashed quickly across it’s neck, and it’s reflexive strike hit her face, due to their size difference. The break in her concentration made the lights turn to normal, though the beasts were still partially blind.

The first monster blindly clawed and grabbed at its chest, dislodging and throwing the killing knife, but buckling to the ground, now that it was bleeding internally and blinded and deaf. The second infected she had hurt gurgled and choked, and retreated back, out of the building, finding itself nearly dead and overwhelmed with it’s senses. Mika fell to the ground from the strike that had broken her concentration, and saw the third and final monster. It was trying to open it’s eyes, and no doubt was starting to get it’s hearing back. Mika looked back around, trying to find the second dagger. It was far enough away from the dieing green infected to be safe, so she scrambled to her feet, and dove for her lifeline.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 am
Marilla closed her eyes, then opened them slowly, revealing her deep brown eyes. Then, she closed her eyes once again, her eyelids feeling heavy. Her dark brown hair was tied back in a side pony with a black, well-worn hair scrunchie, and many strands of layered hair was not caught in the elastic; instead, these strands fell around her face in a slight mess.

Marilla's flared jeans contrasted greatly with her stark, white cap-sleeved button-down blouse. The five buttons were shiny and oversized, and some parts of her white blouse were soiled with dirt and bits of sand. The splotchy discoloring of her clothing gave Marilla the air of an abandoned orphan.

Marilla remembered her encounters with some of the freakishly infected creatures. Some had been nasty little birds who were once the producers of beautiful and serene music were turned into sickly rabid monsters who wanted to attack anything and everything with an air of insanity. The birds had squawked in sharp tones and ugly, shrill voices, and plummeted from
the sky in attempts to peck and tear Marilla's flesh. Marilla had screamed in terror, and held her hands and arms above her head, in the hopes of some protection. She did not feel the pain of being pierced by sharp beaks, however, for the birds had been repelled by a weird force. Warmth had flowed into Marilla's body. When she looked up, she saw a great dragon shielding her with his wing. The birds simply bounced off. When more attacked, the dragon snapped some of them up in his beak, devouring them with haste and yet with an odd, peculiar elegance.

Marilla shivered and stared, gaping at the dragon before her. She was quite shaken by the sight, and she held perfectly still, except for her heavy, frightened breathing, as the dragon dipped his long neck, moving his head closer to her. He let out a growl, and Marilla screamed.

The dragon faded away. He did not fly away. He did not run away. He did not even disappear out of thin air.

The dragon's figure fluctuated, the image thinned out and became transparent, sheer, and then eventually, the dragon was gone from Marilla's sight.

Marilla had been left wondering whether or not the dragon had existed at all.

Looking up from her legs, Marilla sighed, and wiped tears from her red eyes. As she wiped her tears, more wetness flowed out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 am
The pager began to bleep. Of course, that was the plan, but it still startled Virgil a lot. Something in the back of his mind told him that it may just be a shambling thing running into the button, or even worse, as well as any number of cautious thoughts. Of course, he didn't listen to any of it. The prospect of talking to someone who wasn't dead was definitely way too good to pass up.

Guitar still in hand, Virgil hurried to the front door, and re-opened the grate that kept out the more unsavory characters...if you could call the infected 'characters'. When the grate and doors were opened, he found...well...great stuff. Not thinking before acting, he suddenly asked, "Did you ring the doorbell miss?"

Of course, he realized after he said that, that if the girl had a gun, he's probably about to be shot. He winced, and tensed a bunch so that he might be able to leap out of the way or something if a gun was indeed pulled on him.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm
((Is Virgil talking to Marilla? XD))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:44 pm
((Nope! Kaslin. She's the one that paged, right?))  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 am
((Yeah. Just confirming. XD; wink )  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers