Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Well, I'm ******** Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 pm
******** apartment was built in 60's, and have been poorly maintained because of shoddy hiring practices of the landowner (the city, technically, but more specifically the part in charge of public housing), now, they are renovating them as they become empt. Or so they say. Currently, our bathtub stopped draining, because of a hole in the piping. Instead of just fixing it, they decided to renovate the entire unit, instead of doing it the entire year and a halfit was empty before we moved in.
And they are going to stick our 3 person family in a two-bedroom, one adult, one child apartment For several months.

We have to move everything we own over to that tiny apartment. There simply isn't enough room for even just mom and me, yet alone alone my brother too. to even livably fit in the apartment; we'd have to sell 95% of what we own. And if we were going to do that, I'd rather take that money and rent a hotel room.

Everything sucks.

I'm actually typing this from a mobile device, my new Nokia N810, because I have to pack my laptop up. Just imagine me thumbing away at this tiny little thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:12 pm
That sucks dude, how long are you going to be stuck in there?  

Krilliad

Barru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:36 pm
Why don't you demand that they rent a storage unit for your stuff?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 pm
Yeah moving into a small apartment is like fitting a gallon into a quart.

rofl My grandpa and I have strange priorities. By the 2nd day in the apartment we had cable and DSL set up, but took almost a week to get the kitchen set up. On an annoying note the doors on the laundry "alcove" have been broken for almost the entire time we've lived here and they haven't done a damn thing about it although we have reported it several times. I hope things work out for you though.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm
No consensus on time. The workers themselves want us to stay out for a month, or even more. The city employees say we have to stay completely out for two weeks, but can come back while they are still working. The head honcho (landlord) pretty much wants to keep is in the 2 bedroom.

It will seriously ******** with all our bills, though. We'll have to pay fees to get the satellite moved over (which will have to be installed by the maintenance employee, not the Dish Network guy, because they want it in a specific place that most likely won't get reception), more fees to get phone moved over, lose the level amount on the electricity bill, and more. Then we actually have to move our s**t.

OH GOD I'M SO GLAD I'M BACK ON MY LAPTOP.
It's like an eyegasm after having used my little N810 for several hours.
Kicked the s**t out of my brother's Ipod Touch, though. I could READ, and as you could see, I could type well to!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm
That sucks profusely. I don't suppose they could just move you across the hall to an apartment they've recently finished renovating. Seems like there should be something you can do to even things up so they don't suck as badly. I mean it's not your fault shoddy construction and years of wear made the appartments unlivable.  

ArmasTermin

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm
One word: sue.

Sue them for their negligence and emotional damage they caused you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 pm
Inquisitor Brock

Is it just me or does that one handgun look like a P38?  

Barru

The Drildo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 pm
Barru
Inquisitor Brock

It does.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Barru
Inquisitor Brock

...what handgun?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
User Image

@ Rommel: Epic Lol.

@ uryu: Seems to me that buying a house would be much easier. But that's just my opinion. Landlords are the failed managers of the 7/11s just down the street. That's why they're jerks and like to control everything.

Support the Petition for Gaga. [Click the cat]

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Barru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:57 am
Fresnel
Barru
Inquisitor Brock

...what handgun?

The one on Brock's avatar.

That's the nano-C thing right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:04 am
Chivalric Knight
Desert_Fox_Rommel
User Image

@ uryu: Seems to me that buying a house would be much easier. But that's just my opinion. Landlords are the failed managers of the 7/11s just down the street. That's why they're jerks and like to control everything.

If you can find me a 3-bedrrom that we can buy/finance for <$350 a month....

Yeah, income-based housing.

HAY GUISE
I have news.
I was just offered a job with an emloyee at the gunshop. I think he's the gunsmith, IIRC. I'm waiting for him to get back to me on my inquiries as to what the job is.  

uryu ishida

Barru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:09 am
uryu ishida
Chivalric Knight
Desert_Fox_Rommel
User Image

If you can find me a 3-bedrrom that we can buy/finance for <$350 a month....

Yeah, income-based housing.

HAY GUISE
I have news.
I was just offered a job with an emloyee at the gunshop. I think he's the gunsmith, IIRC. I'm waiting for him to get back to me on my inquiries as to what the job is.

Awesome!
Coolest job evar. Even if you have to sweep the floors and clean the toilet.
If I worked in such a place I would never have a paycheck.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff