Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Should I change my name?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Change my name?
  Armas Termin (same, with the space that should have always been there)
  White Revolver (a common forum name for me)
  Something stupid and ironic
  Something to do with guns
  Obscure Metroid reference
  Just keep it how it is
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 pm

I've been ArmasTermin since I opened up this account in... 2006? Yeah. I don't think many of you know, but it was of an old story character from my earliest days of writing: Armas Termin, who used revolver-style energy pistols. But rather than cylinders turning per pulls of the triggers, each chamber held a different laser effect and could be advanced manually for the situation. The character acted as a kind of Batman-style super hero but with less focus on kicking bad guy a** and gadgets and more on detective work. But under disguise he called himself the Mastermind, which is where the anagram Armas Termin comes from (minus D), with a little help from the stylistically inspired Samus (Samus - Armas, see?) of the Metroid games.

But it was an under-developed story from 2004 when I first started writing and I never developed the character very far, nor really cared about him.

So do you think I should change it?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:53 am

I think it's fine as it is.

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 am

Desert_Fox_Rommel
This. Also, I find it confusing and a bit distressing when people I know change their names I'M NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS THOUGH, SIERRA.

Also, I get set in my ways so I keep calling people by names they've left behind years back. Like Arix Viridis, who will always be Lewa Greenleaf to me even though he changed his name over a year ago. Confusion inevitably ensues with newbs.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 am

Ah, I guess that makes sense. That was one of the main reasons against it already.

Armas will just be Armas.

ArmasTermin

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
This. Also, I find it confusing and a bit distressing when people I know change their names I'M NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS THOUGH, SIERRA.

Also, I get set in my ways so I keep calling people by names they've left behind years back. Like Arix Viridis, who will always be Lewa Greenleaf to me even though he changed his name over a year ago. Confusion inevitably ensues with newbs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games